Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

Old 08-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

Recently I had a issue that comes and goes with my car seems to be more so with its hotter in the day ( because doesn't do it on the way to work ) but I'll start my car and once I hit the brake the bas/esp light will come on ( that light alone im not worried about ) but when I hit the brake with will have the bas light but also say I have a light out which later I found out that when both lights are on I have no working brake lights

I took my vehicle to the dealer but all they did was say 1st get a new battery so we can do dianostic ( Never had issue with battery before ) and they put it on dianogstic again and everything said was good - but problem not fix just new battery and $300+ spent

I started googling it and see that this isn't the 1st time this has happen with crossfire I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue

thanks

rjblackout@hotmail.com

Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Default Re: BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

no one experience this o heard of it ?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Default Re: BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

my car is doing the exact same thing...
My indicator light for lights have been on for a little while but thats becaise I have not changed that damn parking light that has went out.
But now the BAS ESP light comes on and when I press brake pedal, nothing lights up. Its so frustrating, I have an appointment at the dealership on Monday, I know mine isnt battery as well! It just happened like 4 days ago.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:49 AM

I had the same issue on one i bought hit lightly in the front and repaired. Start it, no lights, as soon as you hit the brake pedal the BAS/ESP lights came on and the cruise did not work. Replaced the stop light switch and all was fixed.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 AM

What and where is the stop light switch? And will it make my brake lights finally light up?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:46 AM

Down by the brake pedal, under the dash. Unplug two connectors, depress a clip with your finger, rotate about a quarter of a turn and pull back toward you. Very simple operation.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM

mine end up being something dealing with the fuse the wasn't blown I'd pulled out and push back in and everything was good. it had the same issue a few times since but when I mess with the fuse it fixed again

Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Angry Re: BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

Originally Posted by bert49
I had the same issue on one i bought hit lightly in the front and repaired. Start it, no lights, as soon as you hit the brake pedal the BAS/ESP lights came on and the cruise did not work. Replaced the stop light switch and all was fixed.
Did you have to remove the lower Instument Panel to get to the Brake Switch ? I now have this problem and have a part being shipped.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 PM

I did not remove the lower part that contains the headlamp switch. I did remove the black plastic shield that screws to the lower dash and goes forward to the firewall.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 AM

My car was doing the same thing when I bought it and it's a very simple fix. The sensor is located on the back of the brake pedal. Just twist the sensor off and remove the plug. I ordered my sensor from Auto Zone and I believe it was around $19. It shouldn't take you more than about 5-10 minutes to replace.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM

Replaced my switch with oreilly's Part # SL2132 Lifetime warranty. But can't get that stupid plastic kick panel back in. Of course I'm not as small as I used to be and crawling under that steering wheel is quite a challenge for me. It did fix all my problems though, even without the steering wheel reset manuver.
I need an inspection anayway so I'll pay them 10-20 to put the two screws back in and save my back.Crossfire2012-1.JPG

Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 AM

my issue still happens every couple days but if I take the fuse out and put back in usually corrects it , I replace brake switch also but didn't correct it

Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by blackoutken
my issue still happens every couple days but if I take the fuse out and put back in usually corrects it , I replace brake switch also but didn't correct it
I wonder if the switch you put in is functioning correctly. Might be worth getting it swapped again. Hopefully you have a receipt. This seems like such a common issue that is usually fixed by the switch replacement. It wouldn't be the first time a new part was also faulty. Just my .02

Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 AM

alot of people mentioned that they had a issue to taillight and cruise control and i notice they both on the same fuse . Another guy mention he kinda re wired fuse or something