Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Interior size

Old 10-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior size

I am considering a crossfire coupe but wanted to get some opinions before I go look at some. What's the mazimum size of person that ould fit comfortably in one? I'm 6'0", 210 lbs. Anyone around that size and if so, how does it feel to you? Would like to hear some opinions before I drive 2 hours to find out it won't work.

I like the car and wanting it to fit but that is my last concern

Old 10-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interior size

I'm 5'10"/185lbs and im glad i'm not any bigger. The seats just don't go back far enough, and with them all the way back im sitting straight up. It's a total sports car feel when you sit in it. Not exactly something i would want to drive for 2 hours every day. Some people would love to drive their crossfire 2 hours every day though.

I drive a 03 jetta to and from work, and my XF around town when i wanna take it for a joy ride while I do errands etc.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

I am 5'11" and weigh 250. I have owned an NA Coupe, and currently own both an SRT6 Roadster and Coupe. The cars are actually pretty flexible interior wise. The drive seat is a six way adjustable. It takes some time to get the seat spot on, but when you do its well worth the time spent adjusting. In my coupe it took me several weeks to get it right but I haven't changed in since in over 6 months.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jason_HBC
I am 5'11" and weigh 250. I have owned an NA Coupe, and currently own both an SRT6 Roadster and Coupe. The cars are actually pretty flexible interior wise. The drive seat is a six way adjustable. It takes some time to get the seat spot on, but when you do its well worth the time spent adjusting. In my coupe it took me several weeks to get it right but I haven't changed in since in over 6 months.
My wife always changes mine

Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jason_HBC
I am 5'11" and weigh 250.
Me and jason must be twins.

5' 11" and 250lbs; well 247 but close enough.

I am currently driving around in my Miata with its hardtop on. I'm comfortable in that too.

As for the Crossfire, the hatch area is immense. It would almost be perfect for another seat...almost. The headroom is on par with any sedan though the windows would lead you to believe different.

Late 80's, early 90's Corvettes (C4) are a problem. It bends you at a hard 90-degree from the waist down. It's like sitting in a bad lawn chair.

Last edited by andysdorm; 10-07-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 5'10" and 260lbs. No problems fitting in the coupe or roadster. The roadster will give you a bit more head room (even with the top up).

Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 PM

As for my seating position in the Crossfire:

I put the seat all the way back with the seatback upright. Then I move the seat a few ticks to the front and then recline the seatback just before it rubs.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by killerkanadian
My wife always changes mine
I know the feeling...what did I do about it...bought her one too, now NO PROBLEM!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:21 PM

I have always said you more put on a Crossfire than get into one - its part of the sports car feel being one with the machine.

I'm 54 years old 6"0" 195 Lbs with a 32-33" inseam. I think that 6" even up to 6'1" is no problem as long as your leg length inseam is no longer than 32-33".

As someone mentioned you do have to play with the 6 way adjustment to get it just right but when you find your sweet spot it is very comfortable I think nothing of driving 6-8 hours at a clip, in fact I find it very comfortable and suportive.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Forum Regular

My son is 6' 0", he telescopes the steering wheel toward him to help make room for his knees. Someone on here, with a good write up, has removed the knee bolster which bought him a couple inches I think. My 6' 3" brother can't drive my SRT but he can just barely passenger.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:39 PM

Starting to worry a bit. I'm 6'0" with 34 inseam, 210 lbs.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular

My son's inseam is 34 and he's 190. I think you're really gonna need to sit in one to know for sure. Bummer you have to travel so far.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Forum Regular

Find a car and test drive it. Fiddle with the seat. There are several members who are less active and they are much taller than the posters here. Matter of fact, Rudy who is now with Speedriven is well over 6'0 and over 250 and he had an SRT6 for some time period. Ray who is OSOFAST2 is well over 6" as well.

The thing to remember the first time you get in the car it will not be comfortable. Set the seat back as far as it will go with the seat back up. Then adjust the seat to where you are comfortable remember you have six directions of movement. Then bring the wheel in for the sweet spot.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SilentShooter
Starting to worry a bit. I'm 6'0" with 34 inseam, 210 lbs.
SilentShooter welcome to the forum.
I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam, 215lb. and I fit in my 04 coupe just fine. I've been in the drivers seat for over 12hrs. more than a few times, (stopping only for gas, food, and rest stops) and never got out with any aches or pains.
The trick is playing with the seat adjuster for a few minutes to find the previously mentioned "sweet spot" and that's all it takes.
Roadsters offer a little more head room, and some people think the Base cars cloth seats offer more head room as well.
I think there are more than a few coupe owners that are 6'3" tall, so at 6', you should be good to go.
Try to find one closer to home just to sit in. Heck there's probably a forum member that lives close by, and would be glad to let you give it a try.
I purchased mine sight unseen, thinking I was going to have to get a "custom" seat for it. But when I picked it up new at the dealership the salesmen showed me the trick with the seat adjuster, and I drove 9 hrs straight home without a cramp.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Felt the same way, I'm 6'3" and (at the time-250lbs), and wanted to know if I could fit in one. As others have stated, play with the seat adjustment and you'll most likely find a comfortable compromise. We've driven to both CAA's in ours, and I've had no back issues on arrival. Can't say that about some other cars we've owned.

PS-3 years and 25 pounds lighter(all that detailing and polishing, don't ya know), still love my Coupe.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
SilentShooter welcome to the forum.
I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam, 215lb. and I fit in my 04 coupe just fine. I've been in the drivers seat for over 12hrs. more than a few times, (stopping only for gas, food, and rest stops) and never got out with any aches or pains.
The trick is playing with the seat adjuster for a few minutes to find the previously mentioned "sweet spot" and that's all it takes.
Roadsters offer a little more head room, and some people think the Base cars cloth seats offer more head room as well.
I think there are more than a few coupe owners that are 6'3" tall, so at 6', you should be good to go.
Try to find one closer to home just to sit in. Heck there's probably a forum member that lives close by, and would be glad to let you give it a try.
I purchased mine sight unseen, thinking I was going to have to get a "custom" seat for it. But when I picked it up new at the dealership the salesmen showed me the trick with the seat adjuster, and I drove 9 hrs straight home without a cramp.
Thank you and others for the advice. I'm supposed to pick one up this coming week. My friend found it for me and had toleave a deposit for me in order to ensure we got it. There were several people wanting to buy it that he knew. He knows more about cars than I do so I took his advice. I did not consider that I would be too big for it because that's never been the case. My friend called and said it was pretty tight in there so I got worried. I will use it for a 20 mile commute everyday. It is a 2005 coupe with 7500 miles. I will go to get it soon and report back

Old 10-08-2011, 09:43 AM

That reminds me of a time I went with my mom to the Chrysler dealership back in 2004 just to look at one in person.

The showroom cars were open and I went ahead and sat in a Crossfire. I liked it and it fit well.

A saleman came over and said, "you don't look comfortable in that car", "try the 300".

I knew that was code for getting the kid out of the expensive sports car but I was generously overwieght back then at 296lbs(evenly distributed). But still the Crossfire was fine. It kinda pissed me off...enough to eventual buy one for myself.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 PM

six ft & 200 # here lov the car & ride !!!!!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Had a 6'6" bike guy up on Cheaha Mountain ask if he could try my 2005 Roadster on for size.
I can attest that 6'6" is a bit much, both on leg room and head room .......

I'm 5'10" at 220, it fits me just fine.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Had a 6'6" bike guy up on Cheaha Mountain ask if he could try my 2005 Roadster on for size.
I can attest that 6'6" is a bit much, both on leg room and head room .......

I'm 5'10" at 220, it fits me just fine.
My 2007 Roadster Special Edition has no power seat; two positions only and I fit just fine at 5'10", 270 lbs.

Quick Reply: Interior size