CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   The Crossfire Salute (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/5610-crossfire-salute.html)

Bullseye 10-11-2004 12:43 AM

Only encountered 2 other crossfires while i was driving mine. Both of them kinda harsh. 1st one gave me a dirty look :shock: and the other ignored me. :lol: Both of them were balding older guys, middled aged, late 40's to early 50's. Guess I'm gettin hated on, because of my age. I may only be 21, but I look like I'm 17 :lol: Maybe not that bad. If I encounter a fellow XFer that acknowledges me, I give the non-waving hi, Just like i use to when i had my 99 Vette. Vette owners are the coolest. Keep on the firing! Just my .02

lordpercy 10-11-2004 02:52 PM

Saw a black xfire 04 reg on the M25 at Jcn 19 this morn, used the spolier method but got no reply that i could see, i hate it when you make the effort and get no response.

LP
www.lordpercy.com

qtrfoil 10-21-2004 12:55 PM

Re: The Crossfire Salute

I saw an SSB driving down the King's Road from Sloan Square while visiting about a week ago. I made various gestures, but driver was either ignoring me or possibly looking for a street name or number. If we had a distinct wave... Any chance it was you, LP?

BobaFettm 10-21-2004 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bullseye
Only encountered 2 other crossfires while i was driving mine. Both of them kinda harsh. 1st one gave me a dirty look :shock: and the other ignored me. :lol: Both of them were balding older guys, middled aged, late 40's to early 50's. Guess I'm gettin hated on, because of my age. I may only be 21, but I look like I'm 17 :lol: Maybe not that bad. If I encounter a fellow XFer that acknowledges me, I give the non-waving hi, Just like i use to when i had my 99 Vette. Vette owners are the coolest. Keep on the firing! Just my .02

Ditto Bullsyeye... I look like im 16 yet im 21 also... and Michigan Xfire owners are the rudest group of drivers around maybe second only to female Cavalier owners...

I've waved to EVERY Xfire I've seen in michigan... I've never recieved one back... I get tons of hello's from 300c's though...

tdlions 10-22-2004 09:56 AM

Just to set the record straight -
Picked up mt Blaze red 6 spd. 3/04 in the Youngstown Area and have only seen one
other white one in Canfield and one Black one in Boardman!

So keep looking.

lordpercy 10-22-2004 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by qtrfoil
I saw an SSB driving down the King's Road from Sloan Square while visiting about a week ago. I made various gestures, but driver was either ignoring me or possibly looking for a street name or number. If we had a distinct wave... Any chance it was you, LP?

Nope but if you see one on the M25 thats most likely me, mind you saw another SSB on the 25 near heathrow the other day

immigrant nurse 11-15-2004 12:48 PM

Just cross your index and second finger, and give the cool nod

MI Roadster 11-15-2004 01:54 PM

Isn't that what we used to do (hidden behind out backs) when we were lying? Cross your fingers?
Thumbs up and a big smile is easier to see http://wenpigsfly.org/smileys/203/coolthumb.gif

Immigrant Nurse, nice to have you on board! Be sure to post some pictures of your ride!

CCrossfire 11-15-2004 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=BobaFettm]it relates cuz all the younger people in Jeeps wave at me :) but many of the adults lack the waving knowledge...

Boba - You are such a kid, we "adults" invented the wave years ago when "real" sports cars travelled the roads. Heated seats, power windows, computers - are you kidding!

In-so-far as age is concerned, in billions of years of evolution - presently we are all together in an eye blink of time.

MI Roadster 11-15-2004 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by CCrossfire
Boba - You are such a kid, we "adults" invented the wave years ago when "real" sports cars travelled the roads. Heated seats, power windows, computers - are you kidding!

In-so-far as age is concerned, in billions of years of evolution - presently we are all together in an eye blink of time.

GEE. You make us sound like dinosaurs. STOP IT!

wiwo 11-16-2004 12:54 AM

heh, yay for the two fingered old man wave

DetroitMadeGTX 11-17-2004 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
Ditto Bullsyeye... I look like im 16 yet im 21 also... and Michigan Xfire owners are the rudest group of drivers around maybe second only to female Cavalier owners...

I've waved to EVERY Xfire I've seen in michigan... I've never recieved one back... I get tons of hello's from 300c's though...

we must never have seen eachother then. Definately woulda acknowledged you. I have waved or gestered to alot of xfire owners. i flashed brights at one the other day, and he waved, and the other day, i pulled up next to one, rolled my window down, asked him how he liked it (older gentleman), he said he really loved the car, and that was kinda it. Other than those 2 encounters, most others dont wave or care. ALOT of 300c's and Ram's acknowledge me though, kinda catchin me off guard. It's fun though.

Whats also fun is when your girlfriend loves it that everyone likes her boyfriends car.
lol.
And, this older guy (late 60's) stopped me at a gas station, asked if it was rear wheel drive, i said yes, he said "so you can spin em a bit then eh?"
funniest thing. So i gave him a small show.

What a fun car.

JetCity 11-18-2004 01:02 PM

BobaFettm - I must have not seen you either. If you have seen me and I didn't wave back I'm totally sorry.