CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Sightings (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/5646-sightings.html)

JackInMidtown 08-27-2004 10:28 PM

Finally, only 3 months after I bought mine, another in Memphis! On Hollywood Avenue, black '04 coupe.

leebea 08-29-2004 12:26 AM

I saw my first Xfire the other day in a local supermarket parking lot. I suspect the owner is not as car crazy as some of us are because it was parked about 3 spots away from the entrance to the store (where you get all the door dents) and it had a large crack in the windshield. It was a beautiful Alibaster coupe and it looked new. I never got to see the owner.

VegasCrossfire 08-29-2004 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by leebea
I saw my first Xfire the other day....it was parked about 3 spots away from the entrance to the store (where you get all the door dents) and it had a large crack in the windshield.

Say it ain't so!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_3.gif

leebea 08-29-2004 04:16 PM

:cry: Sorry, it is so - and the first Xfire I have ever seen outside of the showroom (except for a former neighbor who has one). I was hoping to see and talk to the owner but he/she didn't come out of the store before I had to leave.

Saltire 08-29-2004 06:54 PM

Sightings

Well unless you guys in USA have an orbiting satellite, I guess you wont see my SSB Crossfire winding through the Scottish countryside - even the sheep turn their heads to look as it speeds by!! Greeetings from an ex-PT Cruiser owner and now proud Xfire man!! Have fun....

leebea 08-29-2004 11:41 PM

Saltire, Congratulations on your new Xfire and welcome to the Forum. Sorry, no satellite from this writer and you're going to have to get your feet wet to be driving around New England with your new toy.
Keep smiling and enjoy the ride! :D

keijoh 08-30-2004 12:09 PM

Moose, Bear and CF sightings in Alaska.

After nearly two months waiting for my CF to be delivered to Korea, and still waiting, I finally saw two CFs during my stay in Alaska. One beautiful metallic blue roadster and a SSB coupe. They are definitely beautiful cars.

I hope the Alaska connection joins the forum.

I had a little extra time so I went to a local Chrysler Dealer. CF $35K and no year end discount. Sat in a SSB Coupe with Cedar/Gray interior. I didn't care much for the Cedar/Grey combination; didn't like the wheel in cedar. But the seats were very comfortable and seemed supportive. I am six foot and 165 lbs and found ample room throughout the cabin. Steering wheel position was fine and I thought the gages were very easy to read. Limited view out the rear window but not as bad as I had thought it was going to be from reading the comments on this forum. As for the plastic silver trim, I found it better than what I was excepting too. In fact, I rather liked the look. Plastic is great; strong and light. The best part is that Chrysler did not attempt to make it look like carbon or wood. Nothing worse than plastic wood. As for the cup holder, I think Chrysler should eliminated it. How does it work as a MP3/iPod holder?

As for my CF, eta is set for the August 31. However, it will probably take an additional 3 days for it to arrive in Seoul.

Received my International CF decal - nice design - will apply upon delivery. And I have received my cover from CarCovers. I ordered an All-weather cover in Red; its light and offers good protection from wind and rain. Reasonable price.

buckeyedad42 08-30-2004 02:16 PM

spotted silver coupe on i-90 around painseville Ohio

spotted silver coupe on i-90 around painseville Ohio saturday aug 28th. Unfortunately I wasn't in my black roadster because they were predicting thunderstorms with hail. No self respect ing owner would take their's out in weather like that. ON TOP of that she was going 60 mph in the passing lane witha cell phone in her ear. The dealer should repossess it from her.

shawd 08-30-2004 08:11 PM

Call me nuts :roll: but, the other night I was watching FOX News and they were showing downtown Moscow and I'll be darned if a Graphite XFire didn't fly past the camera. Anyone else see it or did I just have a little too much wine.... :oops:

VegasCrossfire 08-30-2004 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by shawd
Call me nuts :roll: but, the other night I was watching FOX News and they were showing downtown Moscow and I'll be darned if a Graphite XFire didn't fly past the camera. Anyone else see it or did I just have a little too much wine.... :oops:

Hmmmm let's see - here's a test .... how many happy faces do you see? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_7_6.gif - Now as far as a Graphite XFire in Moscow ..... Cool!

leebea 08-31-2004 12:10 AM

shawd - I'll have to tell my daughter to be on the lookout for XFIRE-1 when she is driving around Puyallup.
When she heard that I had ordered the Xfire roadster, she went down to Puyallup Chrysler on River Road and test drove one. I haven't driven a roadster yet! (Mine was supposed to leave the factory today). I hadn't seen a Crossfire on the road here in MA until last week; they must be sending them all to Moscow.
Good luck with your nice looking alabaster coupe.

Aardvark 08-31-2004 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by shawd

Things you thought you'd not live to see No. 273 :)

Mind you, I did see a Berlin registered Trabant on the M25 a couple of weeks ago - that was No. 272 :D

mdpennywitt 09-01-2004 10:40 AM

I live in Kentucky and the only crossfires I've seen besides my own are at dealerships. I drive from Kentucky up to Northwest Ohio all the time and have yet to see one on the drive.

bonsterbum 09-01-2004 08:04 PM

shawd, i saw it too...and was in awe! vegas -- you are too funny, thanks for the laugh on that one! :D bonster (alabaster autostick)

jsisabella 09-02-2004 12:11 AM

Bonster:

You are still around!!!!!

Is your car fixed yet????

shawd 09-02-2004 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by bonsterbum
shawd, i saw it too...and was in awe! vegas -- you are too funny, thanks for the laugh on that one! :D bonster (alabaster autostick)

Good, thanks :!: I guess I wasn't in bad shape then... And, I know Vegas was trying to fool me becuse I see one head, no, two, well, maybe four :? :?

bonsterbum 09-02-2004 07:18 PM

hey, jim. yes, i am still around and hope all is well with you and boni! thanks for asking about the car...

i did get it back about 3 weeks ago and my dealer did an amazing job on the body work (thankfully, they care as much about my cars as i do, and i knew i wouldn't be disappointed...it just took time to get parts, etc). the only thing left is the air shield for under the front bumper. they tell me it should arrive sometime in september...no worries, though, the alabaster autostick is back in action :twisted:

i've been lurking on the forum here and there but like some others have already voiced, it just hasn't been the same lately...why is that :?

and what is still up with julian??? it discourages me to hear that he's still missing in action to some extent...and that those ordering from crossfire_shop are disgruntled. hope all works out for him, but can't help wondering.

anyway, jim take care and thanks for wondering about me...i'm still here and back on the road in my baby! bonster (alabaster autostick)

09-07-2004 08:03 AM

7:00 AM ...... Enfield CT....Black Coupe. First one I have seen on there road here.

buckeyedad42 09-07-2004 08:09 AM

black coupe on i-71 in Columbus OH while heading to The Ohio State University-Cincinnatti football game sept 4th. This time I was in my black roadster

WesMichaels 09-10-2004 09:42 AM

This is one for the books...... My Bride and I just went up to Mass. for her 40th high school reunion. We stayed with one of my Bride's friends and her husband. When we pulled up infront of there house, in our Explorer, I was missing the Crossfire hugely.... Sitting in their driveway was a gorgeous alabaster Crossfire!!! I couldn't believe it! They had no clue that we have one and in July they bought #21185 in Pittsfield, Mass. The only differnece is our interiors. They have the 2 tone gray.