Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Carpet Cleaning and Seat Removal

Old 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet Cleaning and Seat Removal

A couple of weeks ago I bought one of those gas station machine cappuccinos. When I put it in the cup holder, the stupid claw thing punched a hole in the cup--resulting in sticky cappuccino all over my console and the carpeting inbetween the console and driver seat.
I was able to clean up the console with a lot of effort and cursing, but the cappuccino dried into a hard-plastic-like substance on the carpeting (which incidentally makes me never want to drink the stuff again).

Two Questions:
1- Can anyone recommend a good carpet cleaner that will remove this disgusting residue without damaging the carpet?
2- I'll probably need to remove the driver seat to get to all of it. How hard is it to remove and then reinstall the seat and reconnect the seat motor, etc?

Thanks!
-Rob

Old 06-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Default Re: Carpet Cleaning and Seat Removal

if you read more in the forums you can find seat removal.. it's relateds to the heated seats and repair.. if I recall it didn't sound to hard allthough I've never completed the task... I'll see if I can find a link and shoot it your way

Old 06-15-2012, 07:45 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-repairs.html

just go down to electrical and then heated seats.. it has information for taking the seats out. as far as cleaning it.. maybe rent a rug doctor or a steam cleaner... I use my wife's bissel pro heat for pets.. lol...good look with cleaning the spill!

Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

You need a special star drive to take out the bolts. You can buy a set at Autozone for $10. Recommend you put a towel over the door entry and the console because the seat frame has sharp edges and is unwieldy. If it slips it can scratch, so protect your door entry and console. I have used a Little Green Machine to clean auto carpet -- well, my wife did it for me.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I have used a Little Green Machine to clean auto carpet -- well, my wife did it for me.

Good woman there, mine would do the same but since I don't let anyone eat/drink in the car it should never happen!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 06-16-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added info!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:22 PM

Previous owner spilled some coffee in my 6 as well. Will remove seats then clean carpet and dye the peeling console while Im at it!!

Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your xfire just saved your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
imagine if you had actually drunk that cappuccino and it had dried "like a hard-plastic substance" in your stomach.
after clean up find a different coffee place, or don't drink in the xfire.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Carpet Cleaning and Seat Removal

Be ware of the seats, they are heavy like a motha. Woody

Old 03-01-2017, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by DallasTaxLawyer
A couple of weeks ago I bought one of those gas station machine cappuccinos. When I put it in the cup holder, the stupid claw thing punched a hole in the cup--resulting in sticky cappuccino all over my console and the carpeting inbetween the console and driver seat.
I was able to clean up the console with a lot of effort and cursing, but the cappuccino dried into a hard-plastic-like substance on the carpeting (which incidentally makes me never want to drink the stuff again).

Two Questions:
1- Can anyone recommend a good carpet cleaner that will remove this disgusting residue without damaging the carpet?
2- I'll probably need to remove the driver seat to get to all of it. How hard is it to remove and then reinstall the seat and reconnect the seat motor, etc?

Thanks!
-Rob
Hello,

Tips for Making Your Carpet Cleaner Work for You:

1.) Vacuum first.

While carpet cleaners can handle pet hair, they can clog up if you don’t prep the surface. Plus, excess pet hair can be discharged in goopy clunks behind the machine.

Make sure you do as thorough a vacuuming job as possible beforehand. Your carpet cleaner will probably pull out more deeply embedded hair afterwards, but it’ll be less of a mess.

Plus, the less surface dirt your cleaner has to pull up, the less passes you’ll need to make (and fewer trips to the sink to empty dirty water).

2.) Pre-treat stains.

While you’re choosing a machine and cleaning solution, make sure both are compatible with your carpet. Some natural fibers don’t do well with carpet cleaners, and some detergents can harm certain carpet materials.

Read your carpet warranty, and look online for other creative solutions. Savvy bloggers have posted all sorts of tips online, such as using vinegar on stains before carpet cleaning.

3.) Check frequently for clogs.

Most problems that users encounter with carpet cleaners involve the scrubbing brushes. Check them regularly for loose threads, pet fur, or other debris. Some models feature detachable brushes for easy cleaning. In any case, you want to check frequently, so you can deal with snags before they cause any real damage.

4.) Follow the manual.

Some carpet cleaners look deceptively simple. Because they ship ready to go, it seems like you can figure everything out with common sense. However, they all have their idiosyncrasies. It’s important to take the time to get to know the manual before you use it.

5.) Take your time.

Most carpet cleaners have scrubbing brushes, and they work best if you give them time to work the cleaner into the carpet fibers. You’ll also get better drying results if you let the hot air reach further into the floor.

6.) Make it easier for yourself.

Try going over your carpet with plain hot water first, then doubling back with detergent. According to a buyer review, this draws detergent to the already damp fibers, like a watercolor paintbrush.

We love this tip. Buying brand name detergent is important, and it’s the only cleaner that won’t void a machine’s warranty. However, it can be quite expensive. This is a great way to save some money, and get an even deeper clean.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:26 AM

My apartment has carpets in, and they need a bloody good clean (not a mess by me but when I first moved in!). Anyone know a decent reliable company who offer a steam cleaning service? All the ones I find online appear to be for rugs rather than carpets.

Best Carpet Cleaning West Vancouver

Last edited by zombie23; 08-18-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zombie23
My apartment has carpets in, and they need a bloody good clean (not a mess by me but when i first moved in!). Anyone know a decent reliable company who offer a steam cleaning service? All the ones i find online appear to be for rugs rather than carpets.

1. This is a car forum.
2. This thread is 5 years old.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zombie23 brings back dead threads.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:11 AM

Sorry I Apologies for this

Old 11-21-2017, 10:57 AM

Thanks for bringing back this old thread, the exact same thing happened to me, down to the gas station cappucino. The Crossfire cupholder is the only weak design element of the car IMO.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:41 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by zombie23
Sorry I Apologies for this
Quit the spam job, the rug will be pulled from under your feet soon enough when the powers that be read these posts.
Was it a Mexican carpet layer who kept saying "underlay underlay"? Something like that anyway.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Old 01-31-2018, 12:30 PM

I'll let you in on a couple little secrets. If the rug has been shampooed or cleaned before, all you might need is hot water. Most of the time, too much cleaner is left in the carpet and it acts as a dirt magnet.
If you do need a cleaner, get a bottle of Tide HE Free & Clear laundry detergent. Use no more than 1/4 cup per TWO (2) gallons of hot hot water. Lay down a mist of the solution over a 4' x 4' area, scrub it in with a broom or the wand, then extract it using fresh solution and the suction on the wand.
Carpet is cloth fibers. Clothes are cloth fibers. I had one high traffic area of stains that was just not coming up with anything else I was trying. Tried this and the staining is totally gone. It worked where my professional chemicals were coming up short.
I must repeat, 1/4 cup per 2 gal is the MAXIMUM you want to use. Half of that concentration (1/4 cup per FOUR (4) gallons) is better if the carpet is not stained.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:16 AM

I guarantee that the best pond vacuum at https://bestvacuum.reviews/best-pond-vacuum/ can help you clean any carpet you want. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I hope that one day everyone will know how to clean their carpet.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by leodavis
I guarantee that the best pond vacuum at https://bestvacuum.reviews/best-pond-vacuum/ can help you clean any carpet you want. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I hope that one day everyone will know how to clean their carpet.
I used a pond vacuum once and the hose got blocked when I sucked up a goldfish.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:04 AM

Use Bissel Carpet Cleaning product after vacuuming it.

Quick Reply: Carpet Cleaning and Seat Removal