CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   First Upgrades? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/57886-first-upgrades.html)

millerzrule22 09-04-2012 04:49 PM

First Upgrades?

I just got a black 04 coupe a few weeks ago and have just gotten it all cleaned up. I am now looking to get started on the next step which would be upgrades and such. I know that there are probably many threads out there and you guys get tired of saying all this but the threads i found were for the srt6 and not the NA. But i was just wondering what are some easy upgrades that you guys would recommend performance wise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

ala_xfire 09-04-2012 04:51 PM

Re: First Upgrades?

Originally Posted by millerzrule22 (Post 695581)
I just got a black 04 coupe a few weeks ago and have just gotten it all cleaned up. I am now looking to get started on the next step which would be upgrades and such. I know that there are probably many threads out there and you guys get tired of saying all this but the threads i found were for the srt6 and not the NA. But i was just wondering what are some easy upgrades that you guys would recommend performance wise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

1. Single CAI
2. 74mm throttle body
3. EuroCharged tune
4. Sprint Booster ( does not really increase performance, just makes you think so )

Eco 09-04-2012 05:31 PM

Sprint booster, cheap and instant result. Trust me you won't regret it.

+fireamx 09-04-2012 05:37 PM

Hands down, the NeedsWings Single Cold Air Intake. IMO
It cuts your 1/4 mile times by almost a 1/2 sec. on a Automatic NA car. Never heard the results on a 6 spd.

millerzrule22 09-04-2012 06:26 PM

I really like the look of the dcai. However ive heard that it is overkill for the NA engines. Would you guys say the same?

oledoc2u 09-04-2012 07:37 PM

it is over kill for you, but hey, looks have to enter into it too....lol. I like the look...on all the cars... Either way, letting her breath better with a little more fuel, and tune will help for sure.

millerzrule22 09-04-2012 08:04 PM

how would i go about getting a tune?

rayth 09-04-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by millerzrule22 (Post 695643)
how would i go about getting a tune?

see if you can still get the sale price https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...able-sale.html

GraphiteGhost 09-04-2012 09:05 PM

;)

Originally Posted by alaxfire (Post 695583)
1. Single CAI
2. 74mm throttle body
3. EuroCharged tune
4. Sprint Booster ( does not really increase performance, just makes you think so )

;) I would add to this like this:

1. Descreen MAF and debaffle MAF/TB elbow (free HP)
2. 74mmTB abd MAF (using your 68mm MAF sensor)
3. Eurocharged tune (yes, before the CAI)
4. CAI single type unless your a balance sorta guy but lotta $, then eurocharged retune.

Each adds to the next and is sliding up in $ and all are great! Last two at your descretion, as to order. ;)

aquarilized 09-05-2012 01:59 AM

I have the DCAI from Needswings and before I did this I got the ECU tune from Eurocharged. After the DCAI install and some exhaust work I went back to Eurocharged and I was told that I would only need to get retuned after mods such as a throttle body upgrade or larger fuel injectors. So basically you can get the ECU tune done at anytime, it doesn't matter unless you mess with the throttle body or fuel injectors. I hope this helps.

millerzrule22 09-05-2012 05:41 PM

Thanks to everyone that has replied. The sale on the tune is still available but once i buy the cable and software do i have to take my car in to one of their shops and have it done or can you do it yourself? I am located in indianapolis and chicago sure is a long way to drive for a tune :(

ala_xfire 09-05-2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by millerzrule22 (Post 695847)
Thanks to everyone that has replied. The sale on the tune is still available but once i buy the cable and software do i have to take my car in to one of their shops and have it done or can you do it yourself? I am located in indianapolis and chicago sure is a long way to drive for a tune :(

You don't take it in, and you don't do it yourself. The cable plugs to your laptop and they use a remote control program to download and install the tune data while you sit twiddling your thumbs.

xfireon20z 09-05-2012 05:59 PM

no they do it over the internet thats why they give you the USB cable to plug into your computer to your car and they program your car threw the computer via wireless internet...call eurocharged they will explain it all to you and make an appointment...

millerzrule22 09-13-2012 08:06 PM

Is there anyone else besides eurocharged that tunes crossfires? Trying to explore all my options here. If so what is the better one to go with? Thanks again to everyone that has given me advice.

Selbyl 09-19-2012 12:02 PM

You could always get a standalone like Megasquirt and tune the car yourself if you're a true DIY guy.

Originally Posted by millerzrule22 (Post 697559)
Is there anyone else besides eurocharged that tunes crossfires? Trying to explore all my options here. If so what is the better one to go with? Thanks again to everyone that has given me advice.

millerzrule22 11-26-2012 08:38 PM

Anyone know where to get the stainless/chrome radiator cover? Ive seen a few people that have them but they wont respond to my messages.