Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

More compliments on my crossfire

Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default More compliments on my crossfire

I don't drive it much anymore. It has become a garage queen! My black spotless clean crossfire really shines! This morning I took it out for a drive. I had 2 people say "nice car". It still gets the compliments after almost 8 years of ownership!

Old 11-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: More compliments on my crossfire

one of the reasons i love this car. 2 weeks ago i was at a stop light and the guy next to me opened his door and asked me if i was driving a porshe.lol

Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Default Re: More compliments on my crossfire

That is really funny, I have had people film me driving down the interstate between OKC and Dallas, have had people yell at me from the sidewalk asking what it is. For a car that costs 35k it looks like a million bucks. It is currently in the shop as I got hit by some road debris last week. Hope to have it back soon.

JR

Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Talking Re: More compliments on my crossfire

lol yea one saturday just waxed her felt like a car behind me was folling me (im paranoid!!) had wing up windows down. when i stopped at the light the car was in the turing lane next to me. anyway the girl in the back seat was taking a picture and yelled out some website on tumbler so i guess theres a pic floating around the net lol

Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a daily driver and when it's clean, I still get compliments. You should drive yours more - oh wait, you're the one who is very soon to buy a new Bentley - how much are you going to drive THAT? Why not just skip the Bentley and drive the hell out of your Crossfire...it's a great car!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
Mine is a daily driver and when it's clean, I still get compliments. You should drive yours more - oh wait, you're the one who is very soon to buy a new Bentley - how much are you going to drive THAT? Why not just skip the Bentley and drive the hell out of your Crossfire...it's a great car!!!
My crossfire is a Bentley! Not all of us get to drive our dream cars like you

I really need to drive it more. It is not good for the car to sit around. I recently had the car inspected and I was shocked how little mileage I put on the car over the last 3 years.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 AM

My white NA Roadster got a lot more comments than the black SRT. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the NA is a better looking car.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beep
My white NA Roadster got a lot more comments than the black SRT. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the NA is a better looking car.
White just suits these cars well. I couldn't take my old Alabaster Limited out without getting a thumbs-up, photo-op, or questions about it.

I drive my SRT about 3-4 times a week, and at least once a week I get questions about it. But not nearly the attention that the exact same "style" got in white. Remember, I had the SRT wing and bumper on whitey (even the same wheels I'm running now).

Having only one design year for this car helps us out... it never ages like the other models do. You have multiple generations of Mustangs, but only one "Crossfire".

Love it.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Even I would never go this far, but a very successful lawyer in my town drove a Bently GT daily. Twice, other lawyers seeing my car commented that I and this other lawyer were just showing off, mistaking the XF for, holy my goodness, a Bentley. Moral: We need more car guys in my profession.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Thread revival! I've gotten quite a few comments about how nice my car is since I owned it but last night takes the cake. I walked into a restaurant and the waitress asked me "Who's Porsche are you driving?!?". As a big grin came across my face as I told her it's mine and what it really is and she kept raving over how nice a car it is and how much she liked it. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the entire drive home.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 PM

got one better !!! while I was gasing up one day a guy asked me what kind of model Bugatti my car was !!!!! I hated to tell him it was a chrysler !!!! So I justr said it was a crossfire by M B