CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   swap seat positions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/60529-swap-seat-positions.html)

Rooster98 03-16-2013 11:02 AM

swap seat positions

Hello all,

does anyone know if you can swap seat positions? driver to right side and passenger to left side. wonder if seat frame comes off of base unit leaving electrics, airbag, etc in the as configured location.

also, the passenger side controls don't all function. seat won't traverse forward nor up and down. any thoughts?

thanx,
jl

RL67037 03-16-2013 03:36 PM

Re: swap seat positions

Originally Posted by Rooster98 (Post 729512)
Hello all,

does anyone know if you can swap seat positions? driver to right side and passenger to left side. wonder if seat frame comes off of base unit leaving electrics, airbag, etc in the as configured location.

also, the passenger side controls don't all function. seat won't traverse forward nor up and down. any thoughts?

thanx,
jl

The parts catalog shows the seat backs and bases as a different part number when comparing left and right, but they look the same. Might be hole locations or mounting points that differ. Don't know enough about the seats to go much farther than that.

As far as your seat not working, could it be the relay?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t-problem.html

RL

04Fire 03-17-2013 04:26 PM

The seat buckles would be on the wrong side...

Kmargaitis 05-11-2013 02:48 PM

Did you ever try the seat swap i was considering the same thing?

ROB311952 05-12-2013 12:13 PM

If you're trying to balance out the wear, it might be easier to take it to an uphostery shop and see if they can remove the seat covers and swap them vs. trying to move the whole seats. As far as the controls not working on one, I'd check in this order: fuses, wiring at the switches and the switches themselves. If you can't see anything wrong on those, you may need to take it to a specialty auto electrical shop. I had a rear turn signal light on my truck that went out, and they found a pinch in the wiring harness inside the steering column that had to be replaced (sub harness). I would never have found that myself.

AlG 05-13-2013 01:55 PM

Passenger side seat only goes forward and back, not up and down. In addition, if the seats were to be changed the power controls would be up against the trans tunnel and there would be no way to use them.

crossfireracr 05-21-2013 09:51 PM

Speaking of seats. .. any one feel that theyre seat gets hotter. Even with the seat warm switch not lit up?
On a hot day I can drive an hour n my back is sweating. .n ac not helping.

ROB311952 05-22-2013 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by crossfireracr (Post 740824)
Speaking of seats. .. any one feel that theyre seat gets hotter. Even with the seat warm switch not lit up?
On a hot day I can drive an hour n my back is sweating. .n ac not helping.

My cars with leather seats get hot, but my coupe is an SRT-6 which has suede seats and they don't do that.

AlG 05-22-2013 11:42 AM

Forget about hot...the seats are like bricks. More than two hours and I'm in agony. Spent 4 1/2 hours driving 210 miles the other day...I gave new meaning to the word "squirm" because after awhile there was no way to be comfortable.

crossfireracr 05-22-2013 12:31 PM

Yes mine are leather and I live in central TX. ...ready for hot drives....
And yes the farthest I drove was to San Antonio which was like 3 to 3.5 hr drive. ..and it sucks
Im not sure what im going to do if I decide to drive my car to Chicago

hightechredneck1956 08-02-2014 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by crossfireracr (Post 740897)
Yes mine are leather and I live in central TX. ...ready for hot drives....
And yes the farthest I drove was to San Antonio which was like 3 to 3.5 hr drive. ..and it sucks
Im not sure what im going to do if I decide to drive my car to Chicago

I just drove from Chicago to tampa, FL..........19 hours straight thru.....the seats felt great...car only had 16k miles on it and the cushions are still soft.

not as nice as my alfa's but still very comfy.

Padgett 08-02-2014 10:45 PM

Just spent about six hours behind the wheel and was comfortable. Of course I "fixed" mine to go about 2" further back (that allowed reclining), trimmed most of the side bolster off so the bottom cushion is essentially flat (cured hip pain), and removed the dead pedal pedestal (let left leg stretch out straight).

James1549 08-02-2014 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just did 6400 miles in mine, no more trouble than any other car. The seat backs are definitely different, the headrest are tilted in different directions.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1407034445

JEFASOLD 08-02-2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Padgett (Post 806460)
Just spent about six hours behind the wheel and was comfortable. Of course I "fixed" mine to go about 2" further back (that allowed reclining), trimmed most of the side bolster off so the bottom cushion is essentially flat (cured hip pain), and removed the dead pedal pedestal (let left leg stretch out straight).

Would it make sense to go to an orthopedic clinic and get some things fixed instead of ripping up the car? One inexpensive thing you can do, is, if you have a recliner at home, throw it out, they are one of the worst things to have if you have hip and back problems. They are NOT designed by orthopedic engineers.

ala_xfire 08-03-2014 08:25 AM

My solution to long distance driving in mine is an office chair gel cushion.
Difficult to deal with getting in and out, but sure worth it when I am sitting for more than 2 hours.