Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Considering Coupe

Old 12-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering Coupe

I am considering a Coupe and was curious to hear from some of the taller folks about how this car works for you. I am 6'1" and a little concerned over the overall ergonomics for tall people.

Also, any comments you might want to add about the Coupe vs. the Roadster would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank McCamant

Old 12-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Considering Coupe

The convertable has 1inch+ headroom .But alot more when it's down! The cpe is a little tight .And if this is your only fun car you might like the ragtop the most,it also rides a little smoother.Do you live in Calif.?

Old 12-22-2004, 12:20 PM

Thanks Dan - I live in Austin, TX.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:37 PM

I'm 6'3" and so far surviving just have to watch major bumps. Overall no problem with the coupe although I notice that I feel more comfortable with the window open. Leg room is good. Have been driving my xfire since late August.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:10 PM

I'm 6'2" and have had my Xfire for 1 year.....I have had no problems except for really big bumps. I still love my Xfire and all the stares and comments I get when I drive it.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:21 PM

i'm 6'2 and have about 7000 miles on my XF. As stated by others, it's a bit tight, but leg room is good, and head room OK after adjusting the seat to fit. My only concern is getting in and out, but that's due to width and age more so than height!

Fritz

Old 12-23-2004, 08:49 AM

This might sound strange, but it depends on where your height is! I am 6"2 and have long legs. (mmmm, beginning to sound like a personal's ad) I don't really find I can get a perfect driving position in my coupe, but this may be down to my personal preferences in how I sit.

To get the leg room I need, I need to have the back pretty straight against the bulkhead and feel it forces me to bend my arms to bend a bit much.

Make sure you get a good long sit in both before making your mind up.

Overall it's a great car though. I don't regret it.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Scottish XF
This might sound strange, but it depends on where your height is! I am 6"2 and have long legs. (mmmm, beginning to sound like a personal's ad) I don't really find I can get a perfect driving position in my coupe, but this may be down to my personal preferences in how I sit.

To get the leg room I need, I need to have the back pretty straight against the bulkhead and feel it forces me to bend my arms to bend a bit much.

Make sure you get a good long sit in both before making your mind up.

Overall it's a great car though. I don't regret it.
I have the same problem, also on longer drives if I dont take out my wallet my right leg goes numb, only car i ever had this problem with. It is a bit cramped that is for sure. But what ever you do dont buy a new one.Buy used and save big cash. Only other drawback for the crossfire, besides it not having enough power and no aftermarket, is that when you are taller, I am 6'1" you have to duck down to see streetlights if you are one of the 1st cars waiting. MY .02