Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Considering taking the hit. EVO may be in my future.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering taking the hit. EVO may be in my future.

Well still havnt decided, but i was thinking if(with my car in trade of course) can get an evo for about 100-140 more a month, i think im going to do it. Just all depends on what i can get for trade value. Im hoping 22k. May wait longer to do it, definetely after winter. The tires i can keep for the winter, just will have the wheels to deal with. STill dont know if im gunna do it. Just wondering if it will be worth it. Pay 100 bux more a month for a car with a rental interior, a year older and more than 10k more miles on it. Pretty much doing a flip flop, Crossfire= all the looks and mediorce performance to the EVO= all the performance and mediorce looks to some( I like it) Guess its my youth. But the interior does suck, no question about that.

Anyone else try to trade in their crossfire yet?

Old 12-25-2004, 12:04 PM
DBY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Considering taking the hit. EVO may be in my future.

Better drive the EVO a lot before getting rid of the Crossfire. My last car was a WRX and other than gettin up to speed the Crossfire is in everyway better. The build quality of the WRX was rather poor and its tracking at high speed was not at all confidence inspiring. I too am a little dissapointed in the acceleration of the Crossfire but thats where my dissapointment ends. Great looks, handling and Benz quality build. They just don't compare. Good luck with your decision!

DBY

Old 12-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Considering taking the hit. EVO may be in my future.

EVOs are cool, but not if you ALREADY have a Crossfire! Especially when you'd be paying more money for more miles and less quality! You gotta be kiddin me!

BTW mitsu's are pieces of junk, you can see my old Eclipse GST in the picture there. Lot of money invested (thrown away) there. I went through 5 trannies, blown head gasket, and a bunch of other crap! When I finally sold my car I had another brand new, month old tranny in it, and it started dying on the way to drop it off at the buyers house. I feel bad because by the time I got it in his driveway I knew it wasn't going anywhere else without MORE repairs. And we are talking about a car that in the end had 86k miles on it that was not beat on. I will never buy a Mitsu again, nor will I ever recommend one. How do you think they do that 0 interest, 0 payments thing? The interest is built into the price. They are just pieces of crap, Kias are probably just as good IMO. Wait until everyones EVO starts hitting 50k+ miles, and we'll see if quality has changed.