Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Question for UK Coupe owners

Old 01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Question for UK Coupe owners

Hi Guys,

I was test driving an Audi TT over the weekend and whilst on the drive I passed a Chrysler dealer and saw a couple of Crossfire's on the forecourt. Whilst I was impressed with the TT I loved the look the Crossfire.

As I'm thinking of getting the FWD TT I can't stretch to a new Crossfire, but I've seen pre-owned cars for under £20k and seriously thinking about getting one now.

What I really want to know is how you've found the car. Have you had any problems with the car, are there any known problems (the TT has many!!) and what you think the quality of the car is (a lot of UK mags say it's not that well built).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Default Re: Question for UK Coupe owners

You should check with Saldous on this forum (Cars For Sale). He has an '04 Coupe available in the Bracknell, U.K. area.. You could pick this up for about 20,000. Appears to be well taken care of and has 6,600 miles on clock. He has to sell because of company car ownership policy.

Based on my experience, SSB '04 Coupe, 6 speed, you won't find a better car for the money (at least relative to Canadian dollars). I have 10,500 km. (7,000miles) and have had no problems at all. Very happy with quality, ride, handling and performance of car. TT, I don't know?

Old 01-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think the UK car press have a real problem with anything american (300c in America wins car of the year, here they hate it?)
Its down to taste, I love it. The only problems are the ones I have read about as I have none myself.
The build quality is fine (not as good as the Audi) its more the quality of materials used (as with most American cars a little cheap looking) but, again I can live with it as it more than makes up for it on the outside!
Bottom line if YOU like it, buy it, you can't believe all that you read.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fergusor
Hi Guys,

I was test driving an Audi TT over the weekend and whilst on the drive I passed a Chrysler dealer and saw a couple of Crossfire's on the forecourt. Whilst I was impressed with the TT I loved the look the Crossfire.

As I'm thinking of getting the FWD TT I can't stretch to a new Crossfire, but I've seen pre-owned cars for under £20k and seriously thinking about getting one now.

What I really want to know is how you've found the car. Have you had any problems with the car, are there any known problems (the TT has many!!) and what you think the quality of the car is (a lot of UK mags say it's not that well built).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard.
GIVE ME A CALL. Mine is for sale, I don't want to sell it though. I love this car. Check out all the details including pics, my phone number and e-mail address on here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4521149218

I am based in Bracknell, Berkshire so if you want to pop over and take a look let me know.

As for problems with the car, very minor and they were all fixed by my dealer. I had a vibrating sub speaker and the illuminated sills had a bad controller box. All fixed and all working fine. My friend has a new TT and it has been in and out of the garage so many times with steering problems he's hardly driven it in 6 months!! He's currently in negotiations with Audi head office about handing back the keys and walking away from it.

Last edited by saldous; 01-24-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Forum Regular

don't follow the sheep into TT land, there are 4 in my road alone! but i've only seen 4 xfires on the road in a year, its still exclusive and sounds much better than the TT does when you gun it

Old 01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lordpercy
don't follow the sheep into TT land, there are 4 in my road alone! but i've only seen 4 xfires on the road in a year, its still exclusive and sounds much better than the TT does when you gun it
I agree with Lordpercy, If you want someone to give you a second look, get a Crossfire. One glance is all you'll get with the TT. They've been around too long.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:04 PM

The crossfire is a head turner for sure! Who looks twice at a TT these days.

I gave mine a good clean this weekend and all the way to work people were looking at me. I can't blame them really as I am such a good looking chap ;-)

Old 01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Forum Regular

I've just done 12500 miles in my XF. Love it to bits. Really does get the attention, and its still exclusive. Really under-rated by the UK motoring press.

I'm sure the TT is a nice car, but it still looks like the panels don't fit properly.

Should be able to get a good deal on a used XF.

And remember the XF is Insurance Group 15 whereas the TTs are 18-19.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:10 AM

For EnglishBob
Hi.. Have just bought Dec 03 Coupe with 9500 miles immac. for £18000 and love it. Don't tell me I paid too much I don't want to know if I did !! Am confused re your ref to insurance grouping I though XF was Group 18. I have kept my old insurance company until March renewal then I will have to look elsewhere but have been getting quotes on net around £550.
Helena

Old 01-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Forum Regular

Airlink,

Direct Line told me the XF was in the same insurance group as my Voyager. The Voyager is a confirmed 15.

However searching the net does seem to indicate that the XF is an 18 - http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/chry...-v6-manual.asp

I don't know if Direct Line have it wrong, but I seem to have a good deal (for once).

I hope you like your XF.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Thanks for responding. I will keep looking for the ultimate insurance deal and I really do like, real plus is the envious looks I get from male drivers!!

Old 01-29-2005, 03:42 PM

I'm with Norwich Union Direct and the x-fire is cheaper to insure than my 1999 td5 discovery,both with full no claims.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Thanks macjake i got a quote from Norwich Union Direct which came out at £468 which is the best I can do. When my own expires I will probably switch. Thanks again.
Helena

Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 AM

Bought my Dec 2003 Auto coupe 6 weeks ago before Xmas and got it from Kings Chrysler Cheltenham. Ex demo 5800 miles on the clock. Got full tank of fuel massive bunch of flowers for the wife and I argued them down from £21000 to £19350. Insurance with Privelege at £400 perannum fully comp wife driving as well.
Not experienced any rattles although the interior plastics feel cheap in comparison with my previous Merc C180 Kompressor Coupe.

Love the car it really does turn heads. TTs to me are now old hat and seem to everywhere. Not so the Crossfire you don't see many on the motorway I and I do 50,000 a year.

Had a 2004 Roadster manual for few days while I was waiting for mine it felt quicker but had the same old notchy 2nd gear shift problem I had with my Merc. You do get used to it but its a pain in the neck on quick shifts, and first gear is so low it ain't worth having.