Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Coin Holder

Old 02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coin Holder

I just noticed today that the little drawer that slides out just under the stereo to the left has a flip down coin holder. Well, I call it a coin holder - more of a pseudo coin holder as NONE of the spaces are big enough to hold any British coins of any value.

You can get a 5pence in there if you try, (equiv in size to a 1cent) but a holder full of them is about as much use as a chocloate kettle! You can't store enough to buy / pay for anything (parking meters etc)!

Is this just a British problem because our coins are thicker, or is this the most badly designed and useless storage feature of the car?

Old 02-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Coin Holder

It appears to be only a British problem. It holds nine US quarter dollar coins nicely. I doubt I'll ever use it though. But it does seem like a pretty good design. Problem is you'd probably forget you ever put any coins in there.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:56 PM

Change your money to american and it will fit.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Talking Re: Coin Holder

Originally Posted by Jeff Horton
Change your money to american and it will fit.
better yet, see if euros will fit. the dollar still has a long way to fall.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Forum Regular

I use it all the time for car wash and parking change.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Forum Regular

Bloody american cars eh!

Old 02-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Smile Re: Coin Holder

Originally Posted by saldous
Bloody american cars eh!
just be glad you got your steering wheel on the right!

Old 02-11-2005, 11:18 PM
KyleJWink

Originally Posted by Rob M
just be glad you got your steering wheel on the right!
Hahahahaha!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 11:29 PM

i thought that was the ash tray..???

Old 02-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe, it is the ash tray. But it's great that the front flips open to hold quarters for parking here. <g>

Old 02-12-2005, 01:13 AM

That's the ashtray? I thought it was the box for holding all those oversized British coins that don't fit in a normal coin holder.

Old 02-12-2005, 05:41 AM
KyleJWink

Originally Posted by roadster05
i thought that was the ash tray..???
pull the ashtray out then the silver front of it flips down if you give it a tug, there are slots in there for quarters dimes and nickles, well im not sure about the dimes and nickles actually cuse i just stuffed 4 quarters in it and called it a day, check it out though its pretty clever.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Banned

Great now all I have to do is pick up all those coins that have fallen under my seat!

Old 02-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Forum Regular

quarters for the tolls roads cell phone in the "ash tray" found mine the first day, however I can't seem to check the oil remotely thru the display.

Old 02-13-2005, 06:43 AM

The worst design feature is the damn cup holder. It is exactly where your elbow needs to be when you shift gears. If they had put the cup holder in the bottom of the console storage compartment it would have been usable but nooo... they had to put it up where you could admire it's ingenuity.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:59 PM
KyleJWink

Originally Posted by John Webster
The worst design feature is the damn cup holder. It is exactly where your elbow needs to be when you shift gears. If they had put the cup holder in the bottom of the console storage compartment it would have been usable but nooo... they had to put it up where you could admire it's ingenuity.
The way I see it is if you need a drink, stop and get a damn drink, I'm tired of seeing these people driving down the road stuffing burgers in their faces. I mean seriously how rushed can your life be, and if it is in fact that rushed then you definatly need to take a step back and evaluate your life. As a country fast food is killing us and if it were up to me the only cars I would put cup holders in would be mini vans and SUVs, cuse those things are like mobile houses anymore anyways with their dvd players and massaging seats. If you buy a sport coupe you but it to drive and nothing else, thats my two cents.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the slagging Kyle, I always enjoy being told what to do by someone who was born after I had held an SCCA national license for six years and had competed in the National Aerobatic Championships.

I take the car into the hills of Pa and WV fairly often and it is on those long drives in the middle of nowhere that a usable cup holder would come in handy.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Banned
Cool Re: Coin Holder

Originally Posted by KyleJWink
The way I see it is if you need a drink, stop and get a damn drink, I'm tired of seeing these people driving down the road stuffing burgers in their faces. I mean seriously how rushed can your life be, and if it is in fact that rushed then you definatly need to take a step back and evaluate your life. As a country fast food is killing us and if it were up to me the only cars I would put cup holders in would be mini vans and SUVs, cuse those things are like mobile houses anymore anyways with their dvd players and massaging seats. If you buy a sport coupe you but it to drive and nothing else, thats my two cents.
CHILL dude too many Pepsissssssssss.!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2005, 03:02 AM

Yes I belive you are right plus the style isn't the best either no matter where u put it.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:48 PM
KyleJWink

Originally Posted by John Webster
Thanks for the slagging Kyle, I always enjoy being told what to do by someone who was born after I had held an SCCA national license for six years and had competed in the National Aerobatic Championships.

I take the car into the hills of Pa and WV fairly often and it is on those long drives in the middle of nowhere that a usable cup holder would come in handy.
sorry my post did come off as pissed, and i guess it kinda is, but the only reason i get so mad is cuse im a mechanic at a lexus dealership and i get so tired of seeing people with $90,000 LS430's with all the bells and whistles then they have mcdonalds fries under their seats or just plain bags of mcdonalds chillin on their leather interior, drips of soda on their beautiful wood consoles, ugggg. in my opinion nothing but a water bottle should ever be taken in the car, or at least a soda that can be sealed up like one of those 20oz bottles. i apoligize though, but dont start dropping age as a form of how important your opinions are, thats not fair.

Quick Reply: Coin Holder