Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Looks of the XF very important news!

Old 02-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Locks of the XF very important news!

If you hate that you have to push you unlock butten twice to open all doors then read this:

The keyless entry system has a Global or Selective mode function for central locking that can be programed by the customer. The factory setting is Global, which will lock and unlock both doors, rear liftgate and fuel door centrally when the respective button is pressed once. The Selective mode will only change which power locks unlock. To activate the Selective mode, press both the Unlock and Lock buttons simultaneously for approximately five seconds until the battery check lamp in the transmitter flashes twice. The Unlock button will then only unlock the driver door and the fuel door when it is pressed once. Pressing the Unlock button a second time, unlocks the passenger’s door and the rear liftgate. The factory setting can be restored by pressing both the Unlock and Lock buttons simultaneously again for approximately five seconds until the battery check lamp in the transmitter flashes twice.

Last edited by Steffen; 02-14-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looks of the XF very important news!

Sweet! Cool post man. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by afwill78
Mine has been on selective since I got it. It is the central locking I can't get to work.
You have to push look and unlock together and hold it for 5 sec then you have the central locking!

Old 02-14-2005, 04:32 PM

My car is in the garage so I cant test it. Has anybody test it if it works?

Old 02-14-2005, 04:58 PM

I just held both buttons for 5 seconds. The LED flashed twice. We'll see if it makes a difference when I leave work. I hated having to press the button twice to unlock the doors. I'd always forget and my passengers would get angry.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Forum Regular

And I thought mine was broken, thanks Steffen.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:02 PM

Good post..

Q. Do you have to be in range of the car or is it just the remote that needs programming?

Old 02-14-2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by TSaxMan113
I just held both buttons for 5 seconds. The LED flashed twice. We'll see if it makes a difference when I leave work. I hated having to press the button twice to unlock the doors. I'd always forget and my passengers would get angry.
I hate it too. That's why I'm searching for it. If I'm on vacation in FL I had a Dodge Stratus with the same problem then I read the manual and rear that you can change it. Today I read the XF Test.pdf and find the answer to all my questions and I think a lot of XF owners hate it to push twice to open the doors.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:19 PM

Awesome discovery. You don't have to be near the car to do it. I did it from my office.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:30 PM

yep, definately worked, both doors now unlock with one touch and they all lock still at like 5-7mph..Brilliant.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM

Excellent post Steffen!! Stuff like this is what really makes owners forums worthwhile.

Maybe now "the wife" will stop pounding on me for leaving her in the rain for that extra second.

or maybe she'll just find some other excuse....

Old 02-14-2005, 10:53 PM

Steffen,

You rock dude, most excellent!

Old 02-15-2005, 12:08 AM

Hi All - I don't post here very often anymore - but I read this thread and just thought I would add one more post about it - an angle that nobody else has looked at - and I think it is important to see!!

Having the Crossfire passenger door only open after the 2nd click the way they have it programmed is actually a good thing for 2 reasons:

#1 - Less wear on the passenger "locking device". Why have it unlock, then have to lock every time if only one person is in the car? Seems that the less times it goes up and down, the less chance it will break.

#2 - Safety - especially for the ladies. I am glad that when I drive the car and I am alone, when I press the button once, the passenger door does not automatically unlock. If it did, there is a "chance" that someone who did not exactly have the best of intentions could jump into the passenger side as I was sliding into the driver side and that would NOT be a good thing.

I just thought I would add my 5 cents and give another side to this thread as I truly feel that the 2 click system is a "pain in the butt when I'm waiting for my husband to unlock my door" but "well worth the wait when I realize my safety COULD be jeopardized without it." BTW - this does not ONLY apply to the ladies - but I know most of the guys would not want to admit that they, too, could be car-jacked!

But at least now everyone has an option to do it the way they want it...which is a good thing!

Old 02-15-2005, 12:43 AM

The good news is that if you have the two keys then your husband can have the two door open setting and yours can be the single opening...Cool...

Old 02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Question Re: Looks of the XF very important news!

Originally Posted by afwill78
I am talking about the automatic locking that locks when you get a certain speed.

Have you activated the auto-locking by turning the ignition on and holding the lock button for 5 seconds?

Old 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM

I recall when first getting the car I attempted to disable the auto-locking because I did not want that feature. It did not work by using the instructions in the manual. I can't remember now what I did, but I think I just left the veh running and held the door unlock button until I heard a beep. In any case, I was able to disable the feature and it wasn't by the method in the manual. You might just want to play around with it until it works.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Looks of the XF very important news!

Wow!!! Way cool! It worked for me I hated that two push crap.
Phil

Old 02-15-2005, 05:14 PM

Great info...thanks

Old 02-16-2005, 01:54 AM

best thread on this web site ever, you should feel proud steffen, this truly is valuable information. You solved my number one annoyance with the car. I would like to see someone try and steal my car with me in it. I carry a S&W .45 and its legal.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:12 PM

Just a FWIW... this same technique worked on my wife's '99 SLK230. Very cool indeed!
Thanks Steffen!

Quick Reply: Looks of the XF very important news!