Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How to get more HP?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get more HP?

I have a 07 chrysler crossfire coupe manual and I am trying to get more horsepower out of it. I already have a cold air intake, exhaust system, and reprogram my ECU. Is there any other ways I could squeeze more HP out of it? Is it possible to turbo or supercharge this engine or not because I can't find anything for it?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by brandtja
Is it possible to turbo or supercharge this engine or not because I can't find anything for it?
Haha, gl.
Only one done.
We all wish a turbo setup could be tuned easily.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Default Re: How to get more HP?

I found this on eBay stating that this turbo kit is compatible for chrysler crossfire. would this work?

T3/T4 Hybrid Turbocharger Kit T3 T4 Turbo -3an oil feed, Downpipe, BOV, Stage 1 | eBay

Old 02-01-2017, 10:02 PM

You might wish to install an oil catch can. Believe it or not, they have been known to increase HP by 5-7 well, horsepower.

How? Here's what the folks at Lindsey Racing have to say:

Venting your crank case back into the engine is great for emissions, but not for optimum performance. All serious race cars have separate catch cans for oil vapor. Why?

1) Oil vapor does not burn. When your engine is pumping or inhaling oil vapor, it is displacing a certain percentage of air/fuel mixture. The more blow-by you have, the more air/fuel you're displacing. This means you're not getting 100% air/fuel into the cylinders. Removing the crank case breather from the intake system will eliminate this problem.

2) Oil vapor reduces the octane rating of your fuel. Oil vapor causes problems in a naturally aspirated engine, but is twice as bad on a turbo charged one, where octane rating is critical. If you're running 93 octane pump gas and injecting oil/air vapor into your combustion chamber, along with your fuel, then you no longer have 93 octane fuel. How much is not certain, but it may mean the difference between detonation and no detonation. Better safe then sorry.

3) When you suck all that oil into your turbo, and into your engine, you can clog your cat, coke up the turbo, and even knock the ring lands out of your pistons as it did on the turbo Mustang and Pontiac.

Does this mean that a remote crank case breather can make HP? Does this mean that a remote crank case breather can help keep from blowing a head gasket? The answer to both questions is "YES"!

Old 02-02-2017, 05:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

+1 Curtisr Mine runs better with an oil catch can and the exhaust tips stays cleaner too

Old 02-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by curtisr
You might wish to install an oil catch can. Believe it or not, they have been known to increase HP by 5-7 well, horsepower.

How? Here's what the folks at Lindsey Racing have to say:

Venting your crank case back into the engine is great for emissions, but not for optimum performance. All serious race cars have separate catch cans for oil vapor. Why?

1) Oil vapor does not burn. When your engine is pumping or inhaling oil vapor, it is displacing a certain percentage of air/fuel mixture. The more blow-by you have, the more air/fuel you're displacing. This means you're not getting 100% air/fuel into the cylinders. Removing the crank case breather from the intake system will eliminate this problem.

2) Oil vapor reduces the octane rating of your fuel. Oil vapor causes problems in a naturally aspirated engine, but is twice as bad on a turbo charged one, where octane rating is critical. If you're running 93 octane pump gas and injecting oil/air vapor into your combustion chamber, along with your fuel, then you no longer have 93 octane fuel. How much is not certain, but it may mean the difference between detonation and no detonation. Better safe then sorry.

3) When you suck all that oil into your turbo, and into your engine, you can clog your cat, coke up the turbo, and even knock the ring lands out of your pistons as it did on the turbo Mustang and Pontiac.

Does this mean that a remote crank case breather can make HP? Does this mean that a remote crank case breather can help keep from blowing a head gasket? The answer to both questions is "YES"!
Let me hazard a guess here, Lindsey Racing is selling oil catch can kits?
The amount of oil that enters a cylinder on a car without the CC kit is minute, you only have to see the amount of oil collected in the can when you change the oil. Divide that amount of oil by the number of firing strokes of that engine in that time to realize it. That 5-7 hp that must be on a real loose engine burning oil by the bucket.
The CC kit they are selling is totally different from the one we use, our system is closed and opening it up like theirs would wreck the tune.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-02-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Let me hazard a guess here, Lindsey Racing is selling oil catch can kits?
The amount of oil that enters a cylinder on a car without the CC kit is minute, you only have to see the amount of oil collected in the can when you change the oil. Divide that amount of oil by the number of firing strokes of that engine in that time to realize it. That 5-7 hp that must be on a real loose engine burning oil by the bucket.
The CC kit they are selling is totally different from the one we use, our system is closed and opening it up like theirs would wreck the tune.
Are your measurements for a car operating in normal traffic or on a car that is being tracked at high rates of rpm and experiencing (typically) higher operating temperatures?

Old 02-02-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by curtisr
Are your measurements for a car operating in normal traffic or on a car that is being tracked at high rates of rpm and experiencing (typically) higher operating temperatures?
My facts are based on a regular car, the OP has a NA Crossfire, he does not mention entering any racing events at all.
I assume Lindsey Racing does not have regular road use in mind.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Received 339 Likes on 299 Posts

Sell yours and buy an SRT6, huge horsepower gain for less money.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:45 AM

My facts are based on a regular car, the OP has a NA Crossfire, he does not mention entering any racing events at all.
I assume Lindsey Racing does not have regular road use in mind.
I suspect as much.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Post # 30 in this ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-2-m112-2.html ) thread! If you follow the entire thread you'll find this mod is easy but also super simple. Just make sure you take your time (don't break anything), and when you put it all back together, you line everything up properly (no intake leaks). Have FUN!

Old 02-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My mate has an NA crossfire ,no catch can but with a 74mm TB and Eurocharge tune it has noticably more power than it did. Not as much as an SRT6 of course but still worthwhile.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

you sound like a person that adds hp and then wants more,,,I looked into a mirror and saw the same thing LOL.
the only thing that will ever make you happy ia " put a v8 in it",, and i & Rudy of course can do that for you for less money than you think. take a look at this one. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...crossfire.html

Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
and i & Rudy of course can do that for you for less money than you think.
Really???
I am thinking of $1,500

Hahaha

Old 02-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Post # 30 in this ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-2-m112-2.html ) thread! If you follow the entire thread you'll find this mod is easy but also super simple. Just make sure you take your time (don't break anything), and when you put it all back together, you line everything up properly (no intake leaks). Have FUN!

Forgot to include, it is a reported 10HP with this FREE mod!

Old 02-03-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
you sound like a person that adds hp and then wants more,,,I looked into a mirror and saw the same thing LOL.
the only thing that will ever make you happy ia " put a v8 in it",, and i & Rudy of course can do that for you for less money than you think. take a look at this one. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...crossfire.html
not free but---------------over 300 over stock hp with this V8 mod. and for the srt 6 it is over 200 hp increase

Old 02-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Forgot to include, it is a reported 10HP with this FREE mod!

Where is this report? Seems way way to much. Maybe even 10hp too much.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Where is this report? Seems way way to much. Maybe even 10hp too much.
You know how the main stream media is these days, they exaggerate everything !

Old 02-03-2017, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
You know how the main stream media is these days, they exaggerate everything !
I hear the report came from a press release from the White House.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:51 PM

Just to give you the way it is in the real world on horsepower for your car.

1. new car bought from dealer ship, say 350 hp, cost of mod per hp is 100lbs of weight off the car. or $100.00 that is for the first 20 hp.
then it changes to 300lbs or $500.00 per hp for the next 20 or so hp
by now your 1/4 mile time has gone from 14.10 to 12.99,
now you don't look at hp any more you look at lowering your ET so now you need to spend $1000.00 to $2000.000 to drop you by a tenth, so cost of the car + your mods and maybe you can run 12.00 or 11.90 .

2. you buy a so called race car ready for the track but want more say like a GTR cost $112,000 ,claimed 480hp runs in the 11's add $100,000.00 and run in the low 9's so that is $2600.00 per tenth. this was a friend of mine and it is facts. he did it because the first time he ran me he lost,,,didn't see him for 6 months , then he shows up at the track and said jim i want to run you again, i ran a 10.74, he ran a 9.32
3. now is the time for a V8 for a lot less money.
USAF 1964 to 1968 jim

also see the GTR's hp here http://www.caranddriver.com/columns/...sepower-column

Last edited by amx1397; 02-03-2017 at 11:54 PM.