Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

the leak was in the flexable grommet tube that connects the electrical and the yellow

Old 05-23-2017, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the leak was in the flexable grommet tube that connects the electrical and the yellow

My hatch lock doesn't work, pulled the rubber grommet off between hatch and body and found the yellow hose broke. Problem I have is refitting the rubber grommet to the plastic insert in the hatch and body. Can you buy the plastic inserts, or does anyone know what they are called? Ended up pulling the plastic insert out of the body, fitting the rubber to it and pushing the insert back into the body. Am worried if the seal is good, don't water getting into the body. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: the leak was in the flexable grommet tube that connects the electrical and the ye

I see where a lot of people have fixed their lines, but nobody wants to share how they re-seated the rubber grommet.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: the leak was in the flexable grommet tube that connects the electrical and the ye

Originally Posted by GunHawk
I see where a lot of people have fixed their lines, but nobody wants to share how they re-seated the rubber grommet.
This is not a common problem and so not to many know much about it. A few pictures would go a long way in getting people interested. I am not too sure what yo mean by the plasti part.