Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is rust a big issue.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Is rust a big issue.

I had a 2004 Crossfire and sold it about a year after I got it, I have wanted another one every since. I noticed on the Forum that there was a mention of door rust. How big an issue is this?
Most of the cars I see are several hours drive from me and I am wondering if I need to go inspect each car before deciding on buying. Before anyone mentions it I know that the right thing to do is inspect before buying. I am just trying to save some time.
I also know that different regions have different issues with rust.
Thank you.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Is rust a big issue.

You nailed it,,"Buyer beware". If your going to plunk money down, go inspect it. Yes, the bottom of the doors , fender wells, just a couple of places that rust starts on these cars. Lift the hatch an check that seal. My list goes on an on. If you find one your really really interested in, you my ask around and see if a forum member, lives close by to do a preliminary inspection for you..¢.02

Old 07-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is rust a big issue.

Yeah, rust a big issue. I've owned this car a long time and just recently re-treated the door sills again. It held it off for a while but it eventually comes back (Many years later). I guess all these cars are plagued with this but, just like any other car they all have their pitfalls. I think my bottom door panels will hold up long enough for the life of the car as long as they are kept after.