CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   XF rear towing questions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/78222-xf-rear-towing-questions.html)

BibaResto 05-09-2018 04:04 PM

XF rear towing questions

1 Attachment(s)
Brief background. I broke my leg, badly. I’m finally able to drive, but I can’t walk. My hope is to be able to have a rear bracket to hold a lightweight (25 pds.) wheelchair on the back of my XF. To complete the hope - I would hire someone to take the chair away once I’m inside, then stow it. Reverse when returning.

Has anyone mounted a bracket as seen here? Or to be more precise, has anyone been able to mount a towing bracket (shouldn’t need to be all that hefty) on the back of their XF? If so, I’d appreciate a photo and details.

If not, would someone be so kind as to take a clear photo from underneath facing up to see if a towing bracket could be configured to hold at least a 175 pounds? More if possible.

Perhaps a bicycle bracket could be made to work?

BibaResto 05-09-2018 09:12 PM

XF rear towing questions

This is really important to me to even know if it is possible as to what I’m proposing. In this case I’m going with “There’s always a solution…at least somehow.”

I will pay anyone $40 (paypal only) who has at least a semi sharp photo of a XF either pulling something or has a bicycle on the back or ??? - meaning it must have a tow hitch of some sort. If more than one photo is submitted I'll pick the best one and pay the $40. If there are other photos I can use - $25 each.

If you send me a gimmick photo, no $40 or even $25.

I’ll also pay $40 for a clear photo or photos of the rear center underside of a stock XF. Meaning the area - if a tow hitch could be installed. First clear/sharp photo in gets the $40.

Steve Jr 05-09-2018 09:19 PM

Re: XF rear towing questions

No need for all that , search "rear hitch" here on the forum and you'll find a few options an the pictures your looking for....M.D. Foundation is my favorite charity...;)

BibaResto 05-10-2018 11:27 AM

XF rear towing questions

Steve Jr, unfortunately my mind is the opposite of intuitive. Hopefully you are serious there being info here or on the Internet. If you give me the Specific location of two or several of these towing bracket threads on XF's the $40 is yours or your foundation. Just give me the address you use on Paypal and it will be sent shortly.

ala_xfire 05-10-2018 11:47 AM

See this thread :
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post905328

( no charge )

Steve Jr 05-10-2018 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 905509)

Dang it George , now what are we gonna do for beer money... :p

ala_xfire 05-11-2018 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Jr (Post 905539)
Dang it George , now what are we gonna do for beer money... :p

Forget the Corona and get some Miller Light :)

Padgett 05-11-2018 09:50 AM

Major problem with the XF is the center exhaust outlet. I would look for a trunk or hatchback mount (didn't say if coupe or convertible.

The other option would be to remove the rear fascia and bolt a carrier directly to the body.

ala_xfire 05-11-2018 11:05 AM

The other option would be to remove the rear fascia and bolt a carrier directly to the body.
Cut a square hole in the bumper cover for the 1 1/4 " hitch connector.
Paint it up and put a matching plug in the end when not in use and probably wouldn't look TOO bad.
Might need to gooseneck the trailer connector with the high mounted hitch.

BibaResto 05-11-2018 02:24 PM

XF rear towing questions

1 Attachment(s)
First when I order items I have to be as sure as possible they will work. Depending on the welder, or not, but most don't suffer fools very well. I'll add that I'm not in the position of going from one welder to the next.

Do we know if this towing receiver/bracket has been used successfully on a XF - or just 'might' work okay?