Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Attention getter!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Attention getter!!!

When I bought the Crossfire, I knew it was a fantastic car and of course had very unique looks. BUT I didn't realize that EVERYWHERE I went people would be asking me about this car...give me a break! Haha. This car draws lots of attention and if you are not into that sort of thing, do not buy this car. For me, it is flattery that they like it so well. I have never owned a car that was more fun to drive (except maybe for my RX7, I bought in 82')...it has it all and as you have all said, you don't see one at every street corner. That makes it even more unique. By the way I noticed another thread in here about manual vs. automatic. Mine has a 6 speed and I do love it. Drove both the automatic and 6 speed but chose this one. I do believe, I made a good choice although the auto seemed like a good trans too. Again, never had so much attention as with this car.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Attention getter!!!

...get used to the attention. I get a lot of looks in Michigan, where Crossfires are less of a rarity than in other states. Probably the same goes for Ohio.

Funny thing, though. I was out in Oregon for my honeymoon last week, and we drove over 1,000 miles down the coast to California and up through the mountains on the return to Portland. Our trusty rental was a Sebring convertible, which offered little of the thrill that goes with my Crossfire (but is surprisingly roomy and comfortable). During my trip, I saw exactly one Crossfire in over 1,000 miles of driving. That particular Crossfire was a white Limited, sitting on a dealer lot in Newport. I got to thinking about it, and it occurred to me that 1,700 Crossfires sell per month across the US (according to Wards). That's an average of 34 per state, per month. In places like Oregon (which have a huge appetite for uninspiring commodity cars from Asia), I would assume that far fewer than that average are sold every month. In Oregon, a Crossfire would probably get a ton of attention due to its rarity.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Yup, and not that I have the chrome mirrors, gills, and the Eibach pro kit the car seriously looks like an exotic. I rolled on a ricer car show at McDonalds this weekend and stole the show. LOL it was embarrassing.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Yup, and not that I have the chrome mirrors, gills, and the Eibach pro kit the car seriously looks like an exotic. I rolled on a ricer car show at McDonalds this weekend and stole the show. LOL it was embarrassing.
yeah...i bet the rear diffuser look nice! ah hello...picture for the millionth time.

i guess i should have just gone to the show.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing happened to me too! There is an every Thursday Classic Car show in Athens at Ken's Pizza parking lot and I decided to drive around to look at the cars. But instead, they all stop their activities and look at my car as I drove slowly in the parking lot. I kinda' sink in my chair a little bit and I got no choice but give them my thumbs up and big smile!

I've had my XFIREX for 2 years now and I'm still getting that much attention than any other cars that I owned including a Porsche 911 and my new '05 Mustang GT!

Old 08-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Attention getter!!!

When I got my 99' Mustang GT Convertible in 1999 it got a lot of attention, since it was pretty unique at the time. It pales in comparison to the Crossfire. I can't stop at a light without somebody saying something or doing a "thumbs-up". It is one really nice looking car!

Cyril, I would have gotten a new Stang, but paying $38,000 for a $35,000 car didn't appeal to me (the going rate around here). I hope you like it - they look really nice...

That being said, I am really glad I got this car...

Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: Attention getter!!!

I say get used to it and it can't be as bad as when I was in WV! I thought I was driving a spaceship or something, everyone was starring at me! This isn't a bad thing unless your runnin' late and in that case, just be polite.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Aero Blue
I say get used to it and it can't be as bad as when I was in WV! I thought I was driving a spaceship or something, everyone was starring at me! This isn't a bad thing unless your runnin' late and in that case, just be polite.
any pics of your car?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Forum Regular

Back in 2000, when I was driving the brand new PT Cruiser, I almost caused several accidents because people starred at the car like being from an other world.

Now with the Crossfire it's the same. People look but only when nobody is around. Nobody wants to admit to not know this car. But I know for sure they are starring.
The XF is still rare here. In the time since I own this beauty, I've seen far more Ferraris than Crossfires!

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last weekend here in So.Cal, I took a long cruise thru malibu canyon and up the coast and back to SFV. I saw the most ever XFs i've had since owning my crossfire, 4 total in over 100 miles in one Sunday, 2 were in the same parking lot.
Then just yesterday a 5 year old little girl looked at my XF and said unexpected to me "i like your car"! I asked her why and she just said "it's neat looking"!