Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Tickets...

Old 12-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tickets...

Here's a question I'd like to throw out for everyone to ponder:

Have any of you received any un-wanted attention from the local anti-destination league? I swear that cops will let a Crossfire slide in favor of busting a rice-racer type every time. I know there are several times that I should have been caught but the cop ignored me and went after someone else instead.

Does anyone else have the same experience or do I just lead a charmed life?

(Of course, now that I have said this I will probably get pulled over on my way to Washington, DC today!)

Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tickets...

hey were you near the 210 and Naval Research labs last week AM? i may have seen you.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only had one speeding ticket in the past dozen years, and it was demoted to a non-moving violation based on my good record. That one exception was five years ago. In all honesty, I probably deserve another ticket or two on my record, but I usually make a habit of obeying the law within a 5 mph margin.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 PM

I get pulled over about 3 to 4 times a year when in my Cobra. Never for a violation but just because the officers want to see the car and ogle at the engine and talk.

As for the Crossfire, I have not had any undue attention by the Police.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobs
Does anyone else have the same experience or do I just lead a charmed life?
Must be a charmed life ...since while a have yet gotten a ticket per say for any moving violation, I have been pulled over/closely followed by local and highway officers numerous times. Maybe they are just bored...

Last edited by respdoc; 12-08-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Forum Regular

I had the car for two months, got busted peeling out from a four way stop, and because I was in the country I floored it, hitting 130, cop finally caught up when I got caught at a stop sign and said I got you going around 90 mph. Thats all? in a 45 . Got off with a ticket for disorderly conduct with a motor vehicle. Didn't go on my record, and didn't effect my insurance. WOW, was I lucky. Sad part was I didn't peel put, the tires happened to make some noise when I accelerated and shifted from 1st to 2nd.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Bobs just make sure if you do get pulled over in DC you have your insurance card, stiff fine if you don't. Haven't had the pleasure of any "encounters" with the law yet.
I'm not a heavy foot, doubt I will.

Pat

Old 12-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irafatsar
hey were you near the 210 and Naval Research labs last week AM? i may have seen you.
I was sort of, but I was across the river riding the Blue Line. The Crossfire was parked in the big garage at Springfield/Franconia.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by patpur
Bobs just make sure if you do get pulled over in DC you have your insurance card, stiff fine if you don't. Haven't had the pleasure of any "encounters" with the law yet.
I'm not a heavy foot, doubt I will.

Pat
Yep, I know all about that but my Crossfire will never set foot (tires?) in DC. The roads are too bad and parking is WAY to expensive. The Metro is a beautiful thing! Now, if I could just do something about those trash haulers that think I-95 is their personal nascar track...

Old 12-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Forum Regular

I was up on the interstate when a trooper started chasing me, I pushed it up to around 130 and did a 180 heading in the other direction, crossed over to the other side (North bound) and turned on my police scanner. The trooper came across the divide after me and called ahead for two interceptors to cut me off. About five miles up the highway I saw them positioning themselves to box me in. Over the scanner I heard one trooper talking to the trooper chasing me, it went something like this (keep in mind I am now hitting 150 mph) Trooper in interceptor "OK we see the car coming, OK he's almost here, OK we got'em, NO WAIT he's GONE, we lost the car, it’s gone”.

Sounds good anyway... Hooah

Old 12-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought their radios are supposed to be faster than their cars?

I've had my share for a fabricated violation by the Texas State Troopers in a different thread.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=7811

It ended up having the Governor reprimand the troopers and the IA investigating the incident. NAACP and the ACLU also got involved and that really shook them up! My ticket was dismissed off the record!

Hopefully I'll be safely driving here in Texas now without being harassed by State troopers anymore!

Last edited by Cyril Baldwin; 12-10-2005 at 12:59 AM.