Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Texas Motor Speedway / Running of the Xfires - May 13, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Motor Speedway / Running of the Xfires - May 13, 2017

The event this year is scheduled for May 13th. "Running of the Crossfires" Don't know if this is the only one this year, as we used to have TWO, one in May and one in September. For the past 2 years we have only had the September event, hopefully we are getting back to the 2 per year.
You can register for this event "On-Line" on the "Dallas Speedway Charity Events" web site.
Our preferred Hotel is Motel 6, only a stones throw from the track.
Further details will, no doubt be posted shortly.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Forum Regular
Default Texas Motor Speedway / Running of the Xfires - May 13, 2017

8th years in a row, the tradition continues!

The date is set, May 13th for the our TMS event.

Speedway Children's Charities - "You’re the driver when Texas Motor Speedway opens up the track to the public! Experience the thrill of driving your personal vehicle around the NEWLY CONFIGURED 1.5-mile speedway oval, all to benefit Speedway Children’s Charities. After you take your laps, you can celebrate with a picture taken in Victory Lane."

Saturday's Itinerary:

* 12:00 - Meet 'n Greet and group photo at Motel 6
* 1:30 - Leave Motel 6 to go to Babe's Chicken Dinner House. Then return to Motel 6.
* 5:00 - Leave Motel 6 for TMS
* 6:00 TRACK TIME!: Drive laps on the NASCAR Texas Motor Speedway!!!
* Have your picture taken with you and your Xfire in Victory Circle.
* After track pool party @ Motel 6.

For $40 you can take 3 laps around the track, get one Laps for Charity 2017 t-shirt, and then go enjoy our car show, live music, food and beverages! Price will increase to $50 the day of the event and additional sets of laps are $30 each. Photos in Victory Lane will be $10 and any additional t-shirt purchases will be $15. Don’t want to drive on the track but want to join in on the fun? Tickets to the car show and live music area are $10 per car.

PRE-Register here: https://www.speedwaycharities.org/ev...s-for-charity/

The official hotel for the event is the Motel 6 near TMS.
13601 Raceway Dr, Northlake, TX 76262
(817) 541-3625

Attendees

Terry and Margaret
Char and Dalen
Vicki and John
Daniel Durre
Mitch and Helen Lintner
Steve Holloway
Steve Martin
Michael Harmon
Freddy Ruiz

Comment below to add your name to the list!

Last edited by Char; 04-07-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Default Re: Texas Motor Speedway / Running of the Xfires - May 13, 2017

I will be there. Do I have to pay twice to have a co pilot or just the GA price for him to get in. I'm bringing my father in law

Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Forum Regular

No you do not pay extra for him. He will have to sign a waiver.. When we line up outside of the track the driver and the passenger both will sign the waiver.. but no extra charge for the passenger.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:22 AM

Thank you for the info. We may not make it until shortly before you guys leave motel 6. This is also a family trip. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone though.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Spamman_tx
Thank you for the info. We may not make it until shortly before you guys leave motel 6. This is also a family trip. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone though.
Looking forward to meeting Ya'll. If you have never run the track in a Crossfire you will have a memory to remember, AND a photograph in the Winners Circle. See Ya at Motel 6
TerryR & Margaret Robinson

Old 04-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Forum Regular

Spamman_tx - Are you on Facebook? You might want to join one of the groups (Chrysler Crossfire Owners or Lone Star Crossfires !) That way just in case you do not see us all out at the hotel (which most likely you will if you get there before we leave), You can message on there. We get those notifications on our phones and can let you know where we are.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Char
Spamman_tx - Are you on Facebook? You might want to join one of the groups (Chrysler Crossfire Owners or Lone Star Crossfires !) That way just in case you do not see us all out at the hotel (which most likely you will if you get there before we leave), You can message on there. We get those notifications on our phones and can let you know where we are.
yes im a member of both and a couple more Facebook pages. I'm Michael Harmon on facebook

Old 04-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Forum Regular

lol Oh okay... Gotcha!!

Old 05-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Forum Regular

Received a reminder email today...

Your drivers have until Friday, May 12th, at midnight to register in advance for the $40.
On Saturday, the price goes up to $50. Both prices include, for car clubs only, 5 laps, a Laps for Charity t-shirt, and entry into the show-n-shine/music area. Here is the link to register in advance: https://www.speedwaycharities.org/events/texas/laps-for-charity/registration/

Old 05-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Cool Re: Texas Motor Speedway / Running of the Xfires - May 13, 2017

Char, just wondering, how fast do they let you go driving on the track? Can't make it this May 13, but maybe if you do it in September? Be a nice drive from Florida. Little earlier notice possibly?

Old 05-11-2017, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by djohn14296
Char, just wondering, how fast do they let you go driving on the track? Can't make it this May 13, but maybe if you do it in September? Be a nice drive from Florida. Little earlier notice possibly?
Hi John, speeds now are restricted to 90 - 100 MPH and are monitored by Track Marshals.
Some years ago a stupid driver of a Dodge Viper crashed into the wall, after that they restricted the speeds. This is not a race however, we follow behind each other with Marshals at Front, Back and Center. This is however a great experience and an opportunity to meet up with fellow Crossfire owners. The Motel 6 is our preferred Hotel, we have a Pool Party after the Track, talking Crossfires Etc and really have fun. Hope you can join us sometime. We are obviously much closer than you, but would never miss this event. TerryR

Old 05-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Forum Regular

I understand needing early notice for planning, specially coming form Florida. We try to post the date as soon as the charity group gives it to us.

Hopefully if they have a September date, we will get notice sooner.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking of driving the track. Some questions:
On the registration they ask for a Car Club, we just putting Crossfire Group, or some other name ?
They/you mention a car show, music and food. Do we have any time in the schedule to do that while we are there ? The schedule didn't look like there was time for that unless we skipped the track time.
I won't be staying at the hotel, is it going to be weird to go there afterwards if I'm not a guest ?

Old 05-12-2017, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by garjoe05
I'm thinking of driving the track. Some questions:
On the registration they ask for a Car Club, we just putting Crossfire Group, or some other name ?
They/you mention a car show, music and food. Do we have any time in the schedule to do that while we are there ? The schedule didn't look like there was time for that unless we skipped the track time.
I won't be staying at the hotel, is it going to be weird to go there afterwards if I'm not a guest ?
Joe ??? It would not be weird for you to come to the Pool Party at the Hotel after the track, quite a few locals join us. ALL Crossfire owners are welcome.
On registration if you put "Crossfire" when you enter the track and sign in, they will direct you to the Crossfires automatically when you enter the track Waiting area.
I cant comment on the Car Show/Music/Food as most of us Crossfires just return to the Hotel for our Pool Party.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Add me to the list for the drive, Joe and my two sons.
We're not staying overnight, but plan to meet at the hotel with everyone else, and do the rest of the hotel stuff.