Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Helpppppp

Old 12-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helpppppp

i recently bought my first car and i decided to be a chrysler crossfire 2005 but it has the check engine light and also the abs and bas and esp light i need help it throws me the p0500 code and i dont know what it meanns got a diognosis and the guy told me it was the abs computer and pump and i changed it but it still has the same code 😩😩😩

Old 12-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: Helpppppp

The "guy" may have told you wrong; P0500 vehicle speed sensor malfunction. Are you sure the code is correct? Take it to an auto parts store and have them read the Diagnostic Trouble Code. They will do it for free. Some people have changed the brake switch at the brake peddle to remove the bas/esp light. However that fix normally doesn't throw a code. A good Mercedes independent shop can tell you which speed sensor/wheel is bad. It is a simple fix to change a wheel speed sensor.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Saperr_115
i recently bought my first car and i decided to be a chrysler crossfire 2005 but it has the check engine light and also the abs and bas and esp light i need help it throws me the p0500 code and i dont know what it meanns got a diognosis and the guy told me it was the abs computer and pump and i changed it but it still has the same code 😩😩😩
to reset the esp light, just start car turn wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right and reenter, think you just have to do it once, been awhile since I done it.
I suggest buying torque pro app $5 and a obd bluetooth adapter around $10 and can read and lookup factory and generic codes.

congrats on your purchase.
do you drive in cold weather?
if you do make sure you have proper tires on.
I see people all the time that complain about driving in winter no matter what vechicle it is, with bald tires or summer only tires .

Old 12-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

P0500 is a generic code for the Vehicle Speed Sensor, not the ABS. You need a scanner designed for the Mercedes R170 to really see what is going on.

Torque Pro is great, I have it but is a generic scanner, not Mercedes specific which you need for a Crossfire.

Last edited by Padgett; 12-20-2017 at 10:14 AM.