Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Hello to all

Old 05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hello to all

Hello to all. I am now the proud owner of an Alabaster White Roadster. And it is fantastic.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Hello to all

Happy to have another new owner. I have only had mine is 12 days.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM

I have owned it for 1 month. It is my daily driver, and in Florida, that means everyday the top is down (unless it's raining). I traded in a corvette, because I was tired of having a garage queen, and wanted to get back to the..."there's no feel like the feel behind the wheel" that I'lI have not had in a long time. The Crossfire is a very well designed and constructed vehicle. And for the money...it can't be beat. I bought the last convertible in Jacksonville, Florida. Now I want to see if the "wave" works with other Crossfire owners.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:52 PM

It's not the same. When I owned a Vette I didn't know anything about a wave, but you quickly learn. There is no such Crossfire fraternity. Of course we're comparing one car with a couple of years of heritage and another with half a century.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonFire
...I bought the last convertible in Jacksonville, Florida. Now I want to see if the "wave" works with other Crossfire owners.
DragonFire, you will definitely get a wave if I see you. Finally someone on the forum from my 'neck of the woods.' Welcome!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Forum Regular

What color interior did you get? I've had 2 Vettes myself and IMO I like the more intimate surroundings of the XFire. I started with small British sportscars and although the Vettes were always nice I find the size to be a bit too big.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 AM

I have the two tone grey interior in my Crossfire. I think that it accents the white perfectly. I have now owned it for 6 weeks, and have not missed one day without the top down. It's great to live in Jacksonville, Florida.

P.S. What is the normal cost for an oil change on the crossfire. 8.5 quarts of 0W-40 seem like it's going to be a lot. Do you think that living in Florida 5W-30 Mobil 1 would work just as well??? When I owned my vette, my service guy would let me bring in my own 5W-30 Mobil 1 and they would only charge me $25.00 for filter and labor. I wonder if my Chrysler dealer will let me do the same.

P.P.S. What was really weird, was that I put it in a car show last Friday and over 60% of the people who walked by, did not know what a Crossfire was. I explained that it was a reskinned SLK, but all they could see was the Chrysler emblem.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, I also have an Alabaster Roadster and LOVE it. As to the oil I would advise staying with MB specs. Also look up Dan Root on this forum and order some of his emblems, They replace the Chrysler emblems on the hood, rear and wheels and they look GREAT. Drop the top and have fun.