Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Am I crazy for wanting to do this?

Old 07-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I crazy for wanting to do this?

I've thought about getting all the chrome goodies that everyone else seems to be adding to their cars. My convertible is black and I've considered painting the door handles black. I'm also considering painting the silver trim around the windshield black. Has anybody done this before? Any pictures? I'll have to get one of my webguys to do up a photoshop to see what it looks like. I also want to shave crossfire/srt6/chrysler off the back of the car. I would then chrome the side bars and do something with the grill on the front. I'm going to look at taking off the Chrysler emblem on the front as well, but don't want it to look to goofy.

It's surprising how many people have no clue what type of car this thing is. To me, it would just add to the mystique of the car. Thoughts?

Old 07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Am I crazy for wanting to do this?

Strange you would ask that question, I too am thinking of getting chrome front grill, side fins and roll bar chromed. I have already purchased chrome OEM wheels. Anyway I took it to a body shop a few days ago to get a price on getting the door handle and windshield surround painted. I about dropped dead when he gave me the quote $650.00. I guess he figures if I can afford a crossfire I would pay that to get the items painted, boy was he wrong. Does anyone have any ideal what's a fair price?

Old 07-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by my65cuda
My convertible is black and I've considered painting the door handles black. I'm also considering painting the silver trim around the windshield black. Has anybody done this before?
you just described the base Crossfire... all the silver trim is painted black.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lack of silver painted items is one of the main reasons I bought my base model. Although many people like the painted trim, I don't like it at all. On some colors, it's not too bad, but on the black, I think it looks cheap (just my opinion). I'm more of a "monocolor" person. (I painted my '49 street rod 1999 Ford Ranger Yellow, and removed all the chrome and trim. I even shaved the door handles. The grille, running boards, metal dashboard, custom console etc. are all painted to match).

The money I saved on the base vs. limited I used for Katzkin leather and a bunch of other stuff. Although the Katzkin was more expensive than having the trim painted, I also really liked the base seats. And now the interior is different from everyone else's too.