Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

South Carolina MOPAR Car Show

Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Carolina MOPAR Car Show

The wife and I went to an all Mopar show Saturday. I drove the Crossfire Roadster, she drove our '92 Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo. Lots of classes, we were put in the "Special Interest" class, it was a points show, which I always like. The Crossfire took 1st place, and also got Best Chrysler. The stealth got 3rd, 2nd place was a restored '64 Dodge pickup that was very sharp. Lots of very nice classic cudas, challengers, chargers, etc. No other Crossfires or Stealths though. Will add pictures later.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: South Carolina MOPAR Car Show

Congrats...it's always a lot of fun, especially when you win!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by danimal
Congrats...it's always a lot of fun, especially when you win!!!
Yes, I was somewhat shocked, I've been showing classics for over 20 years, specifically my '68 Camaro convertible and '66 Stingray. I have been fortunate to acquire many trophies over the last 20+ years, I've never taken a new car to a show, though the '92 stealth isn't really new, the '05 crossfire still is. I was glad they placed us in a separate class, I've never been a fan of old cars competing with new ones. The camaro and vette I've worked hard to get them nice and in the state they are in, the stealth has been just taking good care of it, the crossfire was pretty sweet from the get go, so can't take much of the credit for them. But a great feeling all together, and quite a few people were interested in both, not having seen a nice stock stealth in a long time or a crossfire up-close.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: South Carolina MOPAR Car Show

Congrats on a Great Win & Place! Got any pics?

SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-26-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CrossfireRSSS
The wife and I went to an all Mopar show Saturday. I drove the Crossfire Roadster, she drove our 92 Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo. Lots of classes, we were put in the "Special Interest" class, it was a points show, which I always like. The Crossfire took 1st place, and also got Best Chrysler. The stealth got 3rd, 2nd place was a restored '64 Dodge pickup that was very sharp. Lots of very nice classic cudas, challengers, chargers, etc. No other Crossfires or Stealths though. Will add pictures later.
Congrats, however I am a little confused? From other recent posts on this forum I have been led to believe that the crossfire is now classed as an import into the good old USA. Therefore I am shocked that mopar even let you in... Is it just me getting confused... I think it may well be time...

Old 09-26-2007, 04:40 PM

Here are a few pics from the show and our awards...the red '64 Dodge truck got 2nd place in our special interest class.

100_3294.jpg

100_3283.jpg

100_3299.jpg

100_3297-1.jpg

Old 09-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by bollox
Congrats, however I am a little confused? From other recent posts on this forum I have been led to believe that the crossfire is now classed as an import into the good old USA. Therefore I am shocked that mopar even let you in... Is it just me getting confused... I think it may well be time...

The crossfire is produced by Chrysler, therefore its a Mopar, plain and simple...doesn't matter who made parts for it, the stealth was partially made by Mitsubishi, its still a dodge, the magnum is also partially produced by MB just like crossfire, its still a dodge...nobody questioned our entries, I've never heard anyone say they are imports...Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge have always been referred to as mopars.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM

Great looking Black Roadster! Again congrats & thanks for the Pics!

SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-28-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossfireRSSS
Here are a few pics from the show and our awards...the red '64 Dodge truck got 2nd place in our special interest class.
RSSS, congrats on your win! That's a great bunch of cars you have in your collection too. I almost traded my Viper GTS for a 1966 Corvette coupe 327/300hp, but it was a Powerglide, and while I was trying to decide what to do, the guy traded it for a 1966 GTO. It's just as well, I need the money more than I need another toy.
I must say though, I'd sincerely love to have that "Lil Red Wagon" A-100 Dodge pick-up. It's really the only "truck" I wouldn't mind owning.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:04 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the dodge truck is too cool ...

Old 09-27-2007, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by andrew
the dodge truck is too cool ...
I agree, I loved that lil truck. The only reason the crossfire won over it, I am sure, is because it was a point show. The only points I would have deducted off the truck was the bed was scratched up, if had not been a point show I would have picked the truck for first place. The guy was real nice and I wanted him to win, he spent a lot of time on it to get it that nice. Kind of why I never liked new cars up against old cars at shows, hard to beat a new car, especially in a point show, but he did get 2nd place but probably deserved first. I'll add more pics of it tonight.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

The best Chrysler trophy would be nicer if the idiot who did the engraving learned how to actually spell CHRYSLER.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlG
The best Chrysler trophy would be nicer if the idiot who did the engraving learned how to actually spell CHRYSLER.
Hey, now that's real class bringing that up!

Congrats and enjoy the limelight. Hope somday to keep my '96 Ram Sport in good enough original condition to show it off. Maybe they will spell Dogde right.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by AlG
Yea isn't that a bummer. Oh well its not the word that matters, but yea the person should know better. Here are a few more pics from the show including the popular '64 pickup.

Thanks for all the congrats! Everyone should take their x-fire to a show, they will usually be the only one.

100_3284.jpg

100_3293.jpg

100_3292.jpg

100_3287.jpg

Old 09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
RPM

CrossfireRSSS -
Congrats on the win. Nice Crossfire and Stealth ya got there.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been a fan of those A-100's ever since I was kid, and they were brand new. Actually, one of the key designers who worked on that trucks styling had alot to do with several other of my favorite cars.
His name was Chuck Mashigan. He was directly responsible for the port hole window on the T-Bird, as well as the Continental Spare on the '56 Bird and the fin design of the '57's. He later worked on the 4 seater Birds, and I believe he designed the hood scoop that was on the '58, '59 and '60 T-Bird.
He then transferred to Chrysler in the early 60's, and was very involved in the Chrysler Turbin car and the Darts also.
The remainder of his career was spent at AMC where his first creation was the Tarpon, (essentially a Rambler American that had a Marlin roofline). Later on he was responsible for much of the AMX styling. I do believe the 1970 AMX hood scoop was a direct "rip off" of the '58 T-Birds, (at least when viewed thru the windshield) but since it was his design in the first place, he felt it was OK to use it again.
There's alot to read about him if you Google him. He went from driving a dump truck, to working in Fords Styling Studios (in the mid '50's) with no formal training, practically over night.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 AM

+fireamx,
Great story about Chuck Mashigan, Thank you!

SF