CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Wind Restrictor (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/21310-wind-restrictor.html)

Chris Newman 01-27-2008 07:04 AM

Wind Restrictor

Hi

I'm considering purchasing one of these Wind Restrictors, does anyone have any knowledge as to whether these are a suitable fit to a UK model. I can't think that there should be any problems.

Any ideas?

Thnaks

Scott_lmtd 01-27-2008 08:00 AM

Re: Wind Restrictor

The location that the Wind Restrictor mounts should be the same in all of our Roadsters. As long as you have the two hangers mounted on the rear wall you should be fine I would think.

My understanding of the differences in the UK model, are the lighting requirements and something about the steering wheel being relocated to the other side of the car ;) .

InfernoRedXfire 01-27-2008 08:11 AM

I have the mesh windrestrictor from http://tuningshop.co.uk and love it. I think it looks much better than the plexiglass ones.

blackrider 01-27-2008 11:33 AM

I had no problems fitting one to mine and I think it looks great,
Only thing to remember is that you have to pay import duty and the courier charges for collecting same if you order from the States.
Steve

MAKIII 01-27-2008 03:58 PM

InfernoRed

I never took the time to get the mesh screen, do you think it works better than the plexi models, I have the Mopar version - and am VERY disappointed compared to the Audi that I had

golfergal 01-27-2008 08:20 PM

The wr model is outstanding...and it's very very well made. I love the illumination and it's a real head turner....I'd get the dimmer switch and you'll never look back...

There is some wind that comes in behind the roll bars...not much, but there's some compared to those restrictors that cover the area behind the bars. It's slight and nothing to deter me from buying it again. However, I did have a wind screen that covered that area prior to the WR, and it was a bit less drafty...but not nearly as nice looking or well made... no regrets on my end...

Chris Newman 01-28-2008 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by golfergal
The wr model is outstanding...and it's very very well made. I love the illumination and it's a real head turner....I'd get the dimmer switch and you'll never look back...

There is some wind that comes in behind the roll bars...not much, but there's some compared to those restrictors that cover the area behind the bars. It's slight and nothing to deter me from buying it again. However, I did have a wind screen that covered that area prior to the WR, and it was a bit less drafty...but not nearly as nice looking or well made... no regrets on my end...

Hey Golfergal, thanks for your endorsement I think I'll take the plunge.

ZERACER 01-28-2008 10:17 AM

I have the mesh on my Mercedese and the Wind Restrictor on my Crossfire. I believe the mesh is a tad better at blocking the air but there is no comparison to the addid WOW factor with the illuminated Wind Restrictor. Unless it has changed, you can customise your own picture and wording. If our cars weren't so rare and spread so far apart, it would make a great clup emblum like the old license plates the hot rodders have in their back windows.

InfernoRedXfire 01-28-2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by MAKIII
InfernoRed

I never took the time to get the mesh screen, do you think it works better than the plexi models, I have the Mopar version - and am VERY disappointed compared to the Audi that I had

I can't say it works better because I have no experiance with the plexiglass ones. I think it looks better though. Just my preference.

crossfirefun 01-28-2008 01:35 PM

I also have the lighted one and find it works great. I couldn't be more happier. I recommend it to all my friends with a roadster.

woodlands1 01-28-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Newman
Hi

I'm considering purchasing one of these Wind Restrictors, does anyone have any knowledge as to whether these are a suitable fit to a UK model. I can't think that there should be any problems.

Any ideas?

Thnaks

Go for the Windrestrictor. It is a quality product. And, I will tell you that at night when it is illuminated it is a head turner. The WR adds to the mystique of the XFire.

Goldwing 01-29-2008 09:43 AM

The Chrysler version works fine....albeit much better with the windows up. There is still some wind coming through but it is diminished. If you want image as well as function, go for the lighted version.

Hint: I find that using ArmorAll keeps them real clear and removes the occasional swirls on the plexiglass. I've used it for years (30) on my motorcycle windscreen and it looks almost new.

KingPennSky 01-31-2008 11:22 PM

There are many options for wind reduction. We suggest weighing out all of your options.

If you decide to go with Windrestrictor TM, we offer a 10% discount for members of this forum. Please mention the code when ordering or enter it in on our website....

Preferred10

Please refer to other postings for new photos of our quality work!

KingPennSky 02-03-2008 03:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[quote=KingPennSky]Some photos of our recent work. Congratulations you guys on your brand new custom wind deflectors. You guys sure are creative!!!!!! I have to say that it is was an honor for me to be a part of these projects......

I've added some of my own custom work also.....

Attachment 50729

Attachment 50730

Attachment 50731

Attachment 50732

InfernoRedXfire 02-03-2008 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by KingPennSky
There are many options for wind reduction. We suggest weighing out all of your options.

If you decide to go with Windrestrictor TM, we offer a 10% discount for members of this forum. Please mention the code when ordering or enter it in on our website....

Preferred10

Please refer to other postings for new photos of our quality work!

With all due respect, you have said you were coming up with a new design for your xfire's windrestricter. The current design doesn't really block as much wind as one that goes behind the rollbar.

KingPennSky 02-03-2008 05:49 PM

I appreciate your oppinion. However, many people love this product.

For the record, we are still coming up with the new design. We've decided to completely change it though because of leg room. And the reason for the new design is not because our original is not a good design but simply because we want people to have options like on the rest of our product line.

Chris Newman 02-24-2008 05:55 AM

I've just finished fitting my new Wind Restrictor - in the end I purchased one from those great folks at www.windrestrictor.com, in Garland Texas.

From start to finish this was a smooth transaction and all communications were of first class.

I ordered on February the 2nd and it arrived in the UK on the 18th - wow. All for the standard shipping charges which were actually less than cost.

The product is of the highest quality and works perfectly.

I would highly recommend this Company to all forum users.

Chris Newman 02-24-2008 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully this a photo of the finished result....

KingPennSky 02-24-2008 11:04 AM

Thanks so much for the great feedback... Wow, that was fast to the UK.. lol

GREAT PHOTO!!!

remember, forum members receive 10% off on orders. Enter discount code

preferred10 for discount on website.. www.windrestrictor.com

Tony Curtis 02-24-2008 11:31 AM

Hi Chris, very nice photo and choice. I assume you got the lighted version. How did the installation go and connection to the wiring harness? Which lighting choice did you select ?