Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Hello Again!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Again!

Some of you old timers may remember me from a few years ago; I had come so very, very close to buying a Crossfire, but changed my mind to buy one of the new GTO's.

Anyhow, got tired of the GTO this past year and sold it, now looking at buying a used Crossfire, this time a convertible. Many have 40-60K on them.

So, you long term owners, with higher mileage cars, how are they holding up? Also, do you think the Limited convertible is worth about $2K price difference from the base convertible?

Hope everyone's doing well, and look forward to the inputs.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Hello Again!

~ welcome back ... i hope to see you in a roadster yet.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Hello Again!

Originally Posted by noz34me
So, you long term owners, with higher mileage cars, how are they holding up? Also, do you think the Limited convertible is worth about $2K price difference from the base convertible?

Welcome back, and absolutely on the $2K difference in price. I don't have that many miles on my XF yet, but I know someone that has 150K miles on his, and still looks and runs great. You should be able to find them with 20K - 40K without looking too hard.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coming from a GTO, buy an SRT-6 convertible this way you won't miss the LS1or LS2 power! You should be able to find one for a decent price.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There's one up the road from me at the dealer here in Denver that they just received in on trade.
Only 5k miles on this '05 Limited roadster. Black exterior, two tone grey interior.
6 speed manual transmission.

Test drove it yesterday, and it's in fantastic shape.

I put a post in the For Sale section with the info on the dealership.

BC.

Originally Posted by noz34me
Some of you old timers may remember me from a few years ago; I had come so very, very close to buying a Crossfire, but changed my mind to buy one of the new GTO's.

Anyhow, got tired of the GTO this past year and sold it, now looking at buying a used Crossfire, this time a convertible. Many have 40-60K on them.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

There's not a huge difference between base and limited other than the higher back, leather, heated seats. That and some fake plastic chrome trim pieces. I'd be more concerned with mileage and maintenance. That being said, I prefer the limited and I've seen more posts from base owners trying to upgrade the seats than the other way around.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

As far as miles and holding up I have been very fortunate with my '04 coupe which now has 38000 miles.
Never been in for service and I have changed the oil regularly to avoid any trips to the dealer.

My car...Great car !!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my 05 in California and had it shipped to Canada it only had 15m on it, many like it around. Look on Cars.com. red convertible. would not trade it for anything especially a Coupe. I am 65 and loving it.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 PM

Bought an almost new 2007 Roadster in Sept. Like it very much, good power, good handling and that sexy body style. In storage for the Chicago winter right now can wait till spring!!
One problem, I get battery run down when it sits un-started for a few weeks. Anyone come across this problem.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Forum Regular

My 2005 roadster just turned 45,000 miles - so far the only 2 things that have gone wrong
1. the drivers heated seat went -
2. 1 of the elements on the rear window defroster doesn't work

outside of that - car runs like a charm, I am not concerned that I will ahve issues coming at me with the car, there is too much mercedes in the car to start getting worried, the convert top is exactly like my 97 Audi cabriolet - that after 7 years of non stop up and down still worked flawlessly, If these are anywhere near Audi's quality - car has another 50,000 miles before I would even think to look for something to go wrong.
What you should look at is the tires - if they need to be replaced soon - you are out at least $700 to $1400 buck.

I intend to hang on to mine till I can't lower myself into it - so good hunting and hope to see you on the forum

Old 12-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bladecutter
There's one up the road from me at the dealer here in Denver that they just received in on trade.
Only 5k miles on this '05 Limited roadster. Black exterior, two tone grey interior.
6 speed manual transmission.

Test drove it yesterday, and it's in fantastic shape.

I put a post in the For Sale section with the info on the dealership.

BC.
That's a little far away for me; I'm in VA. I have a used car guy that said he'll take me to Manheim auction to look for one. Used car prices are tanking, so I'm hoping to find a good deal.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:35 PM

Took my X/F out today for a short spin after a one month hibernation. Started right up and purred like a kitten. Snow for tomorrow. Back in garage. Wiped her down after the short run. God, I hope spring is early this spring.