Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

EBay love/hate it

Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EBay love/hate it

I have bought quite a few cars off of Ebay (including my 2004 Xfire coupe). But sometimes it irritates me - especially the dealers. Silver SRT for sale by a dealer in San Antonio - great bright silver color. I ask him if they would take a trade- he says yes and send some photos - which I do - TWICE. No response. Auction ends without selling - strange thing - 2 offers ABOVE the "Buy it Now" price - one declined, one expired. Very strange, Very frustrating.

EM4ce

Old 12-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: EBay love/hate it

I had the same thing happen to me from a dealer in GA on a gray one. It's the dealer more than ebay...ebay doesn't care about us, they care about the money. If they did care about us, there wouldn't be a Dan Root selling junk, and stealing from members on here. I would have purchased the gray one, but the dumb@ss dealer wouldn't respond, just keeps relisting it until he gets what he wants. Not dealing with people like that no matter what the car is...I'm still looking, working on a private sale now. Good luck, but ebay is no help, it is a roll of the dice whether you get a good deal or not...

Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I had the same thing happen to me from a dealer in GA on a gray one. It's the dealer more than ebay...ebay doesn't care about us, they care about the money. If they did care about us, there wouldn't be a Dan Root selling junk, and stealing from members on here. I would have purchased the gray one, but the dumb@ss dealer wouldn't respond, just keeps relisting it until he gets what he wants. Not dealing with people like that no matter what the car is...I'm still looking, working on a private sale now. Good luck, but ebay is no help, it is a roll of the dice whether you get a good deal or not...
Doc after reading your reply i thought I would share this with you guys this is a note I had sent to fp,,,,, does not have to do with buying a car but accessories and BS and dan root. here is the message I sent (this happend last month)

Originally Posted by hcarter
Fp
I thought you might find this interesting . Awhile back I remembered you guys talking about a guy called Dan that was not on the up and up.
Well to start from the beginning I was looking for some eyebrows for my car and came across some for sale on ebay. and (not doing my homework ) decided to purchase a pair for 45.00 date Nov 11 th.
Emailed him about areo blue ones .He answered Me right back he had that color no problem .After 2 weeks I emailed him and ask if they had shipped ,,,no answer I waited 2 more days and no answer ,then I got up set and sent him a message stating that I was going to turn it in to ebay and neg- feedback this time he sends me a note that they had gone out of town to visit family and hadn't shipped it yet ,he would be back dec 2nd and would ship it asap. this time he signed the email Dan Root that struck a brain cell and I knew I had heard that name . Going back to the forun sure enough there it was all the problems people had in the past with this guy ,,I contacted him again yesterday and told him I was not taking his BS any longer and that I knew who he was and to refund my money and he was going to get negitive feedback .I filed it with ebay and he refunded my money within 15 minutes of notification from Ebay.they droped my complaint but not the negitive feed back ......I almost got burnt . i asked the guys on the forum (like i should have done in the beginning) they hooked me up with TVT ,,,there on the way .....

That guys a crook

Old 12-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emforce
I have bought quite a few cars off of Ebay (including my 2004 Xfire coupe). But sometimes it irritates me - especially the dealers. Silver SRT for sale by a dealer in San Antonio - great bright silver color. I ask him if they would take a trade- he says yes and send some photos - which I do - TWICE. No response. Auction ends without selling - strange thing - 2 offers ABOVE the "Buy it Now" price - one declined, one expired. Very strange, Very frustrating.

EM4ce
I am in San Antonio and had a silver SRT mess with me on the loop one morning. He was beating the hell out of his car trying to show off. I wonder if it was the same SRT! They are very rare here.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM

It sure as heck could be - maybe you could check out Jordan ford if you happen to be driving by.? The ebay pics show it in the showroom ! Strange thing - this car has been posted AGAIN (at least the 3rd time). First time 18,988 with offers very near this price - but nothing accepted. 2nd time 17,588,- offers ABOVE this (17,700)- again not accepted. New posting- 16,988- What the heck is going on here??? Makes no sense at all - I smell a crook in the weeds here - >?? No offense to Texas - but I get the feeling there are a lot of shisters down there. Texas is where I bought my company truck - what a mess , what crooks - got a good deal though- LOL.
I have this posted in the WRONG area - oh well. sorry

Emforce

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I am in San Antonio and had a silver SRT mess with me on the loop one morning. He was beating the hell out of his car trying to show off. I wonder if it was the same SRT! They are very rare here.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hcarter
Fp
I thought you might find this interesting . Awhile back I remembered you guys talking about a guy called Dan that was not on the up and up.
Well to start from the beginning I was looking for some eyebrows for my car and came across some for sale on ebay. and (not doing my homework ) decided to purchase a pair for 45.00 date Nov 11 th.
Emailed him about areo blue ones .He answered Me right back he had that color no problem .After 2 weeks I emailed him and ask if they had shipped ,,,no answer I waited 2 more days and no answer ,then I got up set and sent him a message stating that I was going to turn it in to ebay and neg- feedback this time he sends me a note that they had gone out of town to visit family and hadn't shipped it yet ,he would be back dec 2nd and would ship it asap. this time he signed the email Dan Root that struck a brain cell and I knew I had heard that name . Going back to the forun sure enough there it was all the problems people had in the past with this guy ,,I contacted him again yesterday and told him I was not taking his BS any longer and that I knew who he was and to refund my money and he was going to get negitive feedback .I filed it with ebay and he refunded my money within 15 minutes of notification from Ebay.they droped my complaint but not the negitive feed back ......I almost got burnt . i asked the guys on the forum (like i should have done in the beginning) they hooked me up with TVT ,,,there on the way .....

That guys a crook
Wow.. That guy is still around? Sheesh.. After all these negative feed back wouldn't ebay do something about this guy?..

Old 12-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emforce
It sure as heck could be - maybe you could check out Jordan ford if you happen to be driving by.? The ebay pics show it in the showroom ! Strange thing - this car has been posted AGAIN (at least the 3rd time). First time 18,988 with offers very near this price - but nothing accepted. 2nd time 17,588,- offers ABOVE this (17,700)- again not accepted. New posting- 16,988- What the heck is going on here??? Makes no sense at all - I smell a crook in the weeds here - >?? No offense to Texas - but I get the feeling there are a lot of shisters down there. Texas is where I bought my company truck - what a mess , what crooks - got a good deal though- LOL.
I have this posted in the WRONG area - oh well. sorry

Emforce
Maybe they are interested in selling it locally... hoping that someone will see the add on ebay and go in to the dealership. Or maybe they may not be interested in closing the deal on ebay to avoid paying the ebay cost. Who knows! I doubt there is any funny business going on. You should try calling the dealership and ask what is going on. I bet they will take your offer over the phone and sell it to you.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 PM

careful, the GA dealership tacks on a $500 doc fee just for that reason....

Old 12-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

careful, the GA dealership tacks on a $500 doc fee just for that reason....
You talking about the graphite SRT located near Atlanta for ~$16,000?

That thing has rotted on eBay since it was $21,000. I keep wondering why it never sells. It's a beautiful car... seems to not have any issues. But in this economical climate, I'm not sure why they'd give ANYONE a hard time about selling it.

A buyer is a buyer. I've considered driving my car down, offering a trade plus $12 and seeing if they'd bite. But I may not if they have a track record of being a$$es...

Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM

If you want it, bid the buy it now price, and then they tack on their doc fees...plus my time and gas getting it home...we are at 18k...not interested...tried to contact them, won't return emails or phone calls unless you do the "buy it now"....working on another, but my schedule may end that one, it is 1800 miles away, so closing the deal could get expensive by the time I fly down and drive it back...but working on it...

Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM

Some of those docmentation fees and dealer prep fees are getting a bit ridiculous- I was looking at junky old saturn for my son and it was going around 1500 or so - but the doc and prep fees were close to 300 - (ok - 20%- got to be kidding!). If you don't have a trade, that is one reason buying from a private party. I want to trade in my truck, so I either have to sell it on the street and/or ebay or lean toward a dealer. But no hurry.

emforce

If you want it, bid the buy it now price, and then they tack on their doc fees...plus my time and gas getting it home...we are at 18k...not interested...tried to contact them, won't return emails or phone calls unless you do the "buy it now"....working on another, but my schedule may end that one, it is 1800 miles away, so closing the deal could get expensive by the time I fly down and drive it back...but working on it...