Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Thanks for the time

Old 01-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the time

Well I traded my 05 roadster yesterday afternoon, and picked a 2010 Hemi Orange Challenger R/T. While the Crossfire was a blast I am hoping the Hemi will more than fill the void. If any one is looking for a well kept Aero Blue 05 roadster, the Dodge dealer in Schaumburg Il. has mine.They gave me $12,200 in trade. This group has been very helpful and a blast to party with.
Be well,

Old 01-29-2011, 12:03 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thanks for the time

Congrats. Enjoy the new car!!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you were part of the forum group and I enjoyed our chats at the Dragon.

Sounds like you got a fair trade-in price for your X-Fire, and I'm sure you got a smokin' deal on the Hemi as the dealers clear out '10 inventory.

Don't be a stranger.

Last edited by harbor; 01-29-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK Scott, admit it, the "Harley" made ya do it.
Challengers are so cool, I'm sure you're going to have a blast with it.
Besides, you can't let Steve (Apkano) have all the fun.
Remember, there are a few straight stretches at the Dragon.
Enjoy.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:53 PM

Congratulations! Great choice. I late November, I was talking with a very successful sales person at a Chrysler dealership in Michigan. He told me (out of the blue), that he has considered several times, getting a group of investors to purchase several truck loads of Hemi Challengers, loaded to the gills and taking them down to California. He said that each of them could be sold within a day and that they would each bring $5000 over dealer cost.

He believes that this would be the fastest route to financial independence. After costs for drivers, transport and insurance, he believes that he could reign in a helluva nice profit. The last I spoke to him, he was working out partners and timing.

I know two guys who did exactly this with Corvettes. Each quit their very nice paying jobs to buy nice 'vettes and drove them to Texas and Cali - sold them and flew back. 'Vettes were all produced in the U.S. so if they bought in Ontario and took it out within 60 days... they got all their tax back AND there was no import tax (returning to country of origin). Seems too, that all the 'Vettes were nestled in the NE states and Canada back in the 80's. So demand in the SW and incentives were ripe for profit.

All that said, you might do very well with your Challenger in the SW states if you weren't happy with it. Somehow, I cannot imagine that ever being the case! Good luck with that beast!

Last edited by PitMarshall; 01-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by harbor
Glad you were part of the forum group and I enjoyed our chats at the Dragon.

Sounds like you got a fair trade-in price for your X-Fire, and I'm sure you got a smokin' deal on the Hemi as the dealers clear out '10 inventory.

Don't be a starnger.
Jim, you are correct on the blow out pricing, car listed for 39K+ and I got if for 29k, and 2.8 financing. The finance guy seemed a litle shocked. I felt pretty goon when I drove away.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do have Lx party down in Gatlinburg in June they will be over 100 cars check it out on the Z forum , maybe we can catch up with down there !!

Last edited by Osofast2; 01-29-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats on the great deal Scott! It was great to meet you at the Dragon last fall. Enjoy the new ride, I'm sure the extra cylinders will be a fun addition.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had fun running with ya that morning on Moonshiner 28! You stepped up to a very nice ride though, and one that lacks an identity crisis.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

Scott,
I always enjoyed having you at our local meets here in Chi-town as well as the GTG at the Dragon.
Keep in touch with us here and maybe ya can bring that new Hemi to one of our local Crossfire meets this summer.
We'll save a spot for ya

Enjoy, Gary

Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to see you go Scott and enjoying seeing you at the dragon, I guess we could still run into each other at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle. Hope to see you around. Pat

Old 01-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Welcome to the darkside!

I did pretty much the same thing...... I took the Cross in for some warranty work about 100 miles before the warranty went out, then I walked out with a new Challenger.

Get on Challengertalk.com ...... there's a wealth of info there.

Oh ya..... Cut that huge suitcase muffler off from under the car and straight pipe it. It'll sound wayyyyyyyy better! Then order a Diablosport Predator tuner and a 180 Degree thermostat. You'll have that Hemi flying in no time, women and children will cry when you fly past them, and the tire companies will LOVE you!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by apkano
Welcome to the darkside!

I did pretty much the same thing...... I took the Cross in for some warranty work about 100 miles before the warranty went out, then I walked out with a new Challenger.

Oh ya..... Cut that huge suitcase muffler off from under the car and straight pipe it. It'll sound wayyyyyyyy better! Then order a Diablosport Predator tuner and a 180 Degree thermostat. You'll have that Hemi flying in no time, women and children will cry when you fly past them, and the tire companies will LOVE you!
Hate to see you go Scott, but I know the lure of muscle car. I haven't had the fever yet. Still loving the 6's. But, I have my eye on something totally different. We shall see in the future if I jump onto a whole new world. LOL. Enjoy, and don't be a stranger. Fast cars are always welcome here.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Good luck with the new car Scott. Doc we are going to get you.............................

Old 02-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Best wishes with the new ride. Congrats.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by apkano
Welcome to the darkside!

Apkano - are you talkin' about the SRT-8? Do you still have that baby garaged up north or are you using it as your new D.D.?

Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by Kurts
Apkano - are you talkin' about the SRT-8? Do you still have that baby garaged up north or are you using it as your new D.D.?
The SRT is still wrapped up nicely up north....... with gun towers and rabid dogs keeping it safe from RPM.

The new one is just a R/T with a Hemi.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 AM

thats a great ride ! Wish I could do that !!!!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 AM

Thanks for all of the kind words, Boy I can't wait for the roads to clear, of all of this friggin snow. I will check in from time to time.
Thanks again,
Scott

Old 02-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scott weber
This group has been very helpful and a blast to party with.
Be well,
Scott, Molly and I enjoyed all the time we have spent over the last coupe of years. The waterfalls were a blast, as were many a spirited jaunt through the hills.

You will be missed, so dont be a stranger. Enjoy that new car, I am sure she is quick....

Quick Reply: Thanks for the time