Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Crossfire roadsters are too common

Old 10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire roadsters are too common

On my drive home from the office early this afternoon, I stopped at a traffic light, and there were 3 of us at the intersection. My yellow roadster and two blue ones. How often does that happen? Crossfires are getting too common around here, like Lamborghinis and Bentleys. I think it's time to find something a little more exclusive.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Default Re: Crossfire roadsters are too common

No srt6 roadsters for sale on auto trader. You can't get any more exclusive than that. Gary

Old 10-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only seen two CF's in the almost year I have owned mine here in Vermont. One of them a forum member. Rare as hens teeth up here.

The only Lambos and Bents we see up here are on TV.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM

In a recent thread, I mentioned seeing two other yellow roadsters within a mile while driving near my home. Crossfires are everywhere around here!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Forum Regular

Like real estate, it's all about Location-Location-Location! :-)

Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can see why they would be popular in FL. You might have also had a dealer in the area that was liquidating the last of them. There is an area around Dallas/Ft. Worth where Crossfires are common because a dealer in that area was snatching them up and selling them cheap.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieO
In a recent thread, I mentioned seeing two other yellow roadsters within a mile while driving near my home. Crossfires are everywhere around here!
Bought my roadster in Sarasota last November. Brought it up north, so now you have one less.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots of Crossfires around here, hardly any are forum members. It is not uncommon to see one every day.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Lots of Crossfires around here, hardly any are forum members. It is not uncommon to see one every day.

I have to agree to this. I see more coming to the Northwest, I bought our second Xfire from Wyoming. I see a few around town but, they don't know there is a Club (CICCI) or there is a friendly Forum. If you look where most are being sold from, that would be in Florida, Texas, and the Midwest. Notice most are in the hotter climates. I only wish that more show up in the Northwest, (like Colarado) to have a local club. Getting together with owners who think their Crossfires more than just a car but, good times with others is what this car is all about. It is fun to drive again...I will never go back to anything else. I love the complements, I love the car. I love the fun it brings. It must have showed, my wife had to have one also!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Damn Hoosiers Larry...they are all stuck up...lol... Just a few us die hards, right? I tried several times to get a meet together, and I know John has too.... maybe you can have some luck... can't you have a XF car wash for charity at the firehouse or something?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Damn Hoosiers Larry...they are all stuck up...lol... Just a few us die hards, right? I tried several times to get a meet together, and I know John has too.... maybe you can have some luck... can't you have a XF car wash for charity at the firehouse or something?
At the Firehouse Doc? You know how busy we are don't you Feel free to stop by some day I work at HWY 25 and Sagamore Parkway (US 52) Station 6.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieO
On my drive home from the office early this afternoon, I stopped at a traffic light, and there were 3 of us at the intersection. My yellow roadster and two blue ones. How often does that happen? Crossfires are getting too common around here, like Lamborghinis and Bentleys. I think it's time to find something a little more exclusive.
LOL you are in Sarasota, there is no easily attainable high end convertible you will not see on a regular basis. If one of those blue ones was SSB, it was probably one of my parents in their roadster

Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
At the Firehouse Doc? You know how busy we are don't you Feel free to stop by some day I work at HWY 25 and Sagamore Parkway (US 52) Station 6.
UNfortunately I was just up there, at Saint Elizabeth's with a family member. Next time, under better circumstances, I will give you a shout...

Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are all over the place in Florida and when they dropped the price on them a few years ago the dealerships around here had lots full of them with $10,000 off stickers all over the windshields. Not to mention the fact that with no snow they are year round transportation.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There must be at least ten of them here in The Villages, Fl. When I put my card on the windshield they never get in touch with me about the forums.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes on a sunny Sunday morning I'll take a drive along the coast from Dana Point to Long Beach and back. I'll see more Lamboghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, and Maseratis than Crossfires - in fact, on those drives I almost never see another Crossfire.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by john book
They are all over the place in Florida and when they dropped the price on them a few years ago the dealerships around here had lots full of them with $10,000 off stickers all over the windshields. Not to mention the fact that with no snow they are year round transportation.
In 2006 I bought my SE Roadster new in the wrap for $25, 000. Those days are long gone. Gary

Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by aschrager
There must be at least ten of them here in The Villages, Fl. When I put my card on the windshield they never get in touch with me about the forums.
That is a common thing with a lot of XF's in the St. Louis area. Heck some of them are so snobby they look at you when driving in parking lots like "how dare you acknowledge me". Oh well, I think more roadsters the better the area.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Mike,
You are right. A drive down PCH, on the weekend, is it's own car show. Mercedese are the Cheverolets of Dana Point, Laguna Beach, Newport crowd. I think There are more Lambos, Masserrati's and Ferrari's per capata than anywhere else in the world. Not to mention Rolls Royce, Bently's Porche's, Panterras and Custom Hot Rods and Classics of all kinds. It is amazing. The value of all of those vehicles being driven has got to be astronomical. The Crossfire does still get glimpses of attention though.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

On our recent Epic journey to the Dragon and then CT Cathy and I saw only one Crossfire other than those of The Group at Fontana.

It was a white roadster who's driver pretended not to notice three aero blue SRT's following Jane Bridges' Graphite SRT thru Kentucky.

However, we did see two Porsche four door sedans (weird) and a sea of Prius cars trying to prove they could go as fast in traffic as our SRT's.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 10-07-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Crossfire roadsters are too common