Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

unable to open trunk when top is down

Old 07-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unable to open trunk when top is down

Well hello all you out there in Crossfireland.....if your trunk ever gives you a problem when the top is down, chances are you haven't waited for beep, or the windows starting to go up when you put your top down........this baffled me for a while....I was alway in the habit of waiting until the windows started going up before I released the button powering the top down.......then I thouight, I'll just wait until the tonneau cover locks in, then I won't have to put the windows down after........BAD IDEA....when the tonneau cover locks and you let go of the button right away, the computer thinks you are still in the process of lowering the top and the safegaurd witl not let you into the trunk...took a good Crossfire buddy to twig me to this.....so I am just putting this out there for all of the Crossfireites to reference if it ever emerges as a difficulty happy trails Ron

Old 07-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: unable to open trunk when top is down

I don't put my top up/down very often (goes down in May and pretty much stays there all summer), but I have never had this problem. I am not aware of any interlock between the top and the trunk. The only interlock is the panel in the trunk that has to be in proper position so the top knows it is "safe" to retract. I have been able to open my trunk with the top 1/2 way down. However, before I release the button I make sure the rear latch clicks and the system beeps.

If the doors have been locked, you either need to press the unlock on the dash or press the keyfob 2-3x to make sure both doors and the trunk (and the gas cap) unlock.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a trunk lock - otherwise the hard tonneau would hit the trunk lid when opening. I checked mine and it is part of the top operation. Ron's problem was he let the switch go when the cover latched but before the beep. Solved his trunk lock not opening problem by making sure it beeped first.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah and thanks to your suggestion Reliableron