Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Worked a deal today

Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worked a deal today

Spent a couple of hours today at the dealer working a deal on a 2005 base convertible. My first two seater, first vert and first black car all in one move. I could have waited and brought it home this evening but, I wanted some time to think it over before I sign the papers. 6 speed ,36,000 miles. clean and straight and everything works. It appears from the car fax it was originally a Florida car until 2008 when it showed up in the Cincinnati area. Only driven about 8000 miles since then. Any advice or things I should check before I sign the papers tomorrow?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: Worked a deal today

Originally Posted by xjken
Spent a couple of hours today at the dealer working a deal on a 2005 base convertible. My first two seater, first vert and first black car all in one move. I could have waited and brought it home this evening but, I wanted some time to think it over before I sign the papers. 6 speed ,36,000 miles. clean and straight and everything works. It appears from the car fax it was originally a Florida car until 2008 when it showed up in the Cincinnati area. Only driven about 8000 miles since then. Any advice or things I should check before I sign the papers tomorrow?
Where in Cincinnati? I am local. I am not sure of the charge, but the shop I work for will do an inspection of your car before purchase. Western Hills area.
Also we can change your oil & filter if you want to supply your own parts.

I saw a black Roadster at Northgate FS.

James

Last edited by James1549; 02-24-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the offer James but, I had it checked out Friday by my regular garage and everything looks pretty good. I am in the Groesbeck area and the car is located at Northgate Chrysler. I was checking out your photos and remember the Crossfires at that Rollin on the River show, I was there with my Jeep Cherokee that year. It was actually at that show that I started thinking of a Crossfire because of your awesome display. Are there a lot of Crossfire owners in this area?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great! Best of luck with it! I'm too new of an owner to give any advice.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Look good at the rear window. You can do a search on it hear so you k ow what to look for.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Are there a lot of Crossfire owners in this area?
There are more Crossfires in the area than you would think. I have left cards on many windshields and actually spoke to 5 or 6 and none seem interested in joining us for any of the events. I am in Delhi so if you get over this way, let me know. Good luck with your car, it will be fun to drive. You must join us in some of the weekend events this summer.

James

PS Check the window seal on the rear glass, be sure the center brake light is at normal brightness, check for smooth easy shifts in the lower gears, check the operation of the top to work smoothly, ask about the multi-function tool if you can't find it, make sure floor mats come with it, check the cupholder. Northgate has access to get the parts you need, I know, I get them there when I need them. It helps to know the guys in the parts department.

Last edited by James1549; 02-24-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM

I'm a proud owner of a 2005 Roadster myself. Just put set number 4 tires on it this weekend. I have 118,000 miles on it. Daily driver. Never a LICK of problem out of it. Keep from my prospective is keep oil changes regular, the spoiler starts having a mind of it's own it's time to change the battery, keep the top clean and water proofed at least once a year....beyond that................ENJOY THE RIDE !

CONGRATZ on the buy....

Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by gfalcone
I'm a proud owner of a 2005 Roadster myself. Just put set number 4 tires on it this weekend. I have 118,000 miles on it. Daily driver. Never a LICK of problem out of it. Keep from my prospective is keep oil changes regular, the spoiler starts having a mind of it's own it's time to change the battery, keep the top clean and water proofed at least once a year....beyond that................ENJOY THE RIDE !

CONGRATZ on the buy....
Still driving from Gadsden to Anniston daily ?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Forum Regular

It's a done deal, brought her home about an hour ago. Also purchased a 24 month Chrysler Max Care warranty. Of course it's gonna rain the next two days then colder, flurries for the next five days.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:40 PM

congrats Ken, spring is just weeks away and you will be driving around top down and a big grin on your face.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM

It's a done deal, brought her home about an hour ago. Also purchased a 24 month Chrysler Max Care warranty. Of course it's gonna rain the next two days then colder, flurries for the next five days.

NOW you need to post some pictures

Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Still driving from Gadsden to Anniston daily ?
ABSOLUTELY ! LOL. Hey Alex. You'd think we'd of cross paths by now somewhere on the streets. Tuesday - Friday nights are spent in Annistion for work. Can't complain know allot of folks without a job.

Car still in good shape. Far from show room. Still all original !! Nothing but stock. 118,000 and still running strong.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular

Four hours into ownership and there's a problem. Took the wife out to dinner in the car, everything is fine car is running great. Come home go into the house for about 20 minutes when i decide to go get the manual from the car. Walk up to the car press the key fob button and nothing, the lights don't flash the door doesn't unlock. Get in insert the key and again nothing, it won't even turn. I decide to run up and get a couple of new batteries and now it works. I am hoping it's that simple but with my luck I am doubtful. Are our electronic keys problematic or pretty reliable?

Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Received 530 Likes on 363 Posts

Four hours into ownership and there's a problem. Took the wife out to dinner in the car, everything is fine car is running great. Come home go into the house for about 20 minutes when i decide to go get the manual from the car. Walk up to the car press the key fob button and nothing, the lights don't flash the door doesn't unlock. Get in insert the key and again nothing, it won't even turn. I decide to run up and get a couple of new batteries and now it works. I am hoping it's that simple but with my luck I am doubtful. Are our electronic keys problematic or pretty reliable?

Car won't start or car won't crank? If it won't crank, the key fob battery isn't your problem.
Sounds like the car battery went dead. You can charge it and it will start the car. An hour later,,,,nothing. If so,,that dealer owes you a new one.

They ain't cheap. $110 to $180 bucks

Let's hope it was just the fob batteries. But that is rare.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-25-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Forum Regular

No it was like the fob was not sending any kind of signal to the car, the lights would not flash when I tried to unlock, I had to unlock the door via the lock in the door handle. Once inside I inserted the key but it key would not turn at all.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 AM

No it was like the fob was not sending any kind of signal to the car, the lights would not flash when I tried to unlock, I had to unlock the door via the lock in the door handle. Once inside I inserted the key but it key would not turn at all.
Logic says you have no power anywhere...battery. Try jump start and see if the head lights come on or turn signals. They do and you disconnect the jumping battery ...then I'd day battery. FOB is easy fix. $2.00 battery ...but jump the car and see what happens. Even with the car not starting the head light still should come on. .... It's dead you got bigger issues. Check the fuses. Two sets. One under the hood on the right ( beside the battery ) the other is driver door in the door jam where the head light switch is. The driver side fuse panel is more for the lights then anything. See what happens when you try to jump start the car...

PS the fob won't work if the car doesn't have electrical current. If the car is dead ..power... you'll get no response from the FOB....FOB input is hitting a wall....nothing to respond back.

Last edited by gfalcone; 02-26-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

What you have is the common problem caused when the ignition lock does not turn because a part jams in back of the switch. Everyone is reading what you wrote the wrong way. The fix costs nothing and you will not have the problem again because the fix eliminates the part that causes the problem.
The dealer will want to change the ignition switch but the problem may occur down the road sometime.
The procedure is fully explained here. (click and print the PDF file)
Sometimes the key will turn and the next time the key will not turn, fix it now because soon it will not turn at all and the key will be jammed in the lock and it is harder to fix then.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-26-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

hi ken...you said you bought a chrysler warrenty with the car, if it was me i would have been straight on the phone to get them to come and sort it out, sure it will work out ok...chris..

Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM

As xjkens brother I have got to say nice pickup. I got to drive the Crossfire last night. Wow what a nice car. As a very happy owner of an 04' Mazdaspeed Miata I was quite impressed with the Crossfire! Definetly more luxurious than my Speed. Like everyone here I can't wait for spring to get here. I look forward to doing some cruising together and hitting some cruise ins and maybe a few shows with our cars. We have both wanted a convertible for awhile. Stock up on sun screen Bro.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 PM

Inevitably, when you purchase a 2nd-hand car, there's going to be a bug or 2 to work out.
Nothing you've described sounds like a serious problem.
Did you try moving the steering wheel around while turning the key?

Quick Reply: Worked a deal today