CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Crossfire Wont start or turn over after flood (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/67709-crossfire-wont-start-turn-over-after-flood.html)

cojoman 05-15-2014 07:35 AM

Re: Crossfire Wont start or turn over after flood

Thank you Sir.

I will do that very soon. I can't wait to start working on it and hopefully to get it running again!

Thanks!

cojoman 05-17-2014 10:17 PM

Hello guys,

I am back now. Went to the trunk for the security module and it seems like most of the water affected there. The computer looked toasted. Right now i want the car to turn on. I will love to hear the engine again and later will worry about other computer component. I decided to check if there is electric current coming to the wire that connects to the Security Module and i was getting some current. So i think the wires are still getting currents to the security system module. The computer looked toasted but at this point i don't know what to expect. Is there any other computer that can affect this computer from working? Can i rebuild this computer? Where can i buy another one? Is it a total loss at this point? Where can i get another one here in Austin,TX. What step should i follow now since i know for sure this computer will definitely have some problem.
Please any help is appreciated!

RED DOG 05-18-2014 09:17 AM

Duplicate post deleted . . .

RED DOG 05-18-2014 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by cojoman (Post 796600)
Hello guys,

I am back now. Went to the trunk for the security module and it seems like most of the water affected there. The computer looked toasted. Right now i want the car to turn on. I will love to hear the engine again and later will worry about other computer component. I decided to check if there is electric current coming to the wire that connects to the Security Module and i was getting some current. So i think the wires are still getting currents to the security system module. The computer looked toasted but at this point i don't know what to expect. Is there any other computer that can affect this computer from working? Can i rebuild this computer? Where can i buy another one? Is it a total loss at this point? Where can i get another one here in Austin,TX. What step should i follow now since i know for sure this computer will definitely have some problem.
Please any help is appreciated!

You need to take this one step at a time. The flooded security module can prevent your car from starting (and might be your only real problem). There are no short cuts. It is unlikely that the flood affected computer modules and things that are mounted higher up in the vehicle. You should take some photos and post them here so we can see what you've got there and what's going on . . .

Was that rear area of the trunk well still full of water? Did you drain the water from that rear area of the trunk? Did you disconnect the wiring harness connectors from both the security module and from the central locking pump? Then remove the security module AND the central locking pump and get them dried out. Clean up all the connectors, apply dielectric silicone grease compound to the connectors and hook everything back up. Report back on the status . . .

cojoman 05-18-2014 09:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Good Morning,

Okay i was able to see only one module. The part number is 17080000848. It was in the passenger trunk side. That area looked very corroded and the computer looked corroded as well. This is the picture of the module i have and how corroded it is.

onehundred80 05-18-2014 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by cojoman (Post 796628)
Good Morning,

Okay i was able to see only one module. The part number is 17080000848. It was in the passenger trunk side. That area looked very corroded and the computer looked corroded as well. This is the picture of the module i have and how corroded it is.

That's toast for sure.:(
Here are some on eBay.

cojoman 05-18-2014 09:43 AM

I ran test to see if i am getting current to the wire harness that connects to the central locking pump and it was. I didn't put it through the connectors, i just checked through the wires. If it has current, does it mean that my wire harness is okay?

cojoman 05-18-2014 09:50 AM

after buying it, does it need to be programmed? What should i be worried about so that i don't screw up the new one i will get. I know how sensitive computers can be. Do you think i might still have some wiring issue? I havent seen the circuit so i don't really know how things are been powered.

Thanks

ala_xfire 05-18-2014 09:58 AM

onehundred80 - That's toast for sure.:(
same, but US eBay :

1708000848 in eBay Motors | eBay

( no programming in this puppy )

onehundred80 05-18-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by cojoman (Post 796636)
after buying it, does it need to be programmed? What should i be worried about so that i don't screw up the new one i will get. I know how sensitive computers can be. Do you think i might still have some wiring issue? I havent seen the circuit so i don't really know how things are been powered.

Thanks

You will need no programing for this unit. You will need the plugs that plug into the module as I am sure yours may be too damaged to use. So your best bet is a used module with the plugs that were cut from the harness. You will need to splice these into the harness after cutting off the old plugs.
There is another module behind and above this one, this is the lift and tow alarm, it sounds when the rear of the car is raised to tow the car. this has to be switched of before towing. How does that one look? It should be OK as it is a little bit higher.

cojoman 05-18-2014 10:06 AM

Can you please show the picture where i can find the lift and tow alarm? Does this module have any effect on making the car to start? I just want to hear the engine. I miss this car.
Also is there something else i should worry about before buying this module? What is the difference between central vacuum module and System security module? Am slightly confuse on both terms.
Thanks Guys. Am looking locally if i can find one i could go and pick up but if not then i will just order in ebay. Good thing there is no programming required :). Good news is better than bad news

ala_xfire 05-18-2014 10:09 AM

Can you please show the picture where i can find the lift and tow alarm?
It's mounted close to the right tail light, below it if I recall correctly.

onehundred80 05-18-2014 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by cojoman (Post 796643)
Can you please show the picture where i can find the lift and tow alarm? Does this module have any effect on making the car to start? I just want to hear the engine. I miss this car.
Also is there something else i should worry about before buying this module? What is the difference between central vacuum module and System security module? Am slightly confuse on both terms.
Thanks Guys. Am looking locally if i can find one i could go and pick up but if not then i will just order in ebay. Good thing there is no programming required :). Good news is better than bad news

In post #13 it is seen under the bracket at the rear of the foam that holds the module, it is at the same height as the top of the foam box. I have one of these security/pump modules with the plugs but it is untested although it looks perfect.

cojoman 05-18-2014 11:25 AM

How can it be tested?
I am looking to get one. Do you think it might at least start the car since am getting power through the harness.

Thank you!

RED DOG 05-18-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by cojoman (Post 796659)
How can it be tested?
I am looking to get one. Do you think it might at least start the car since am getting power through the harness.

Thank you!

PLEASE quit asking about getting the car started . . . The car will start when you go through the flood issues and get those things back in order.

The part you pulled out (and posted in those photo links) is the central locking pump module. The central vacuum pump module and the central locking pump module are the same thing . . . just different terminology. The security module (or anti theft tow away module) is the small black plastic box mounted on the rail right above and slightly rearward of where you found the central locking module (as onehundred80 advised see picture in post #13). It looks like this one but yours may have a different part number on it.

2004 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Delphi Anti Theft TOW Away Alarm Module 1938200126 | eBay

Did you pull that out? Had that gotten wet too?

cojoman 05-18-2014 05:29 PM

I am just coming back home. I will go down my friends shop(where it is packed) and try and pull out the security module to check it out. I doubt it is working because that area was really damaged by water. I am talking to this guy that is trying to part out his wrecked crossfire. Since he is local, i might want to buy everything from him. What else do you think i might need to buy from him because of the flood situation.
I am sorry if i am annoying you guys with my desperation to make the car to run. I just love my crossfire and i hate to see it there. It breaks my heart to see it there. Got only 18k miles on it.
Thanks to all of you! I really appreciate your helps. Hope you guys are having a beautiful sunday.

ala_xfire 05-18-2014 05:53 PM

What else to buy ? Can't say at this point, take it one step at a time, try to make an agreement with him that you will probably be buying more from him in the future.
If connectors are corroded / damaged, learn how to solder a new connector ( that you get from him ) to your old harness using shrink-wrap insulation.
Get a good soldering pistol ( Weller ) some good rosin core solder and lots of shrink wrap of various sizes.
The proper way to connect two wires together is to strip each at about 1/2", cut a piece of shrink wrap to about 3/4" and slide it on one of the wires, cross the wires at the center of each stripped section and twist them to each other. Solder using the minimum amount of solder that completely covers the connection, let it cool for 20-30 seconds, then slide the shrink wrap over the section and apply heat. If you see you are gonna be doing a LOT of this, get a good heat gun also.
DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS WITH CRIMP CONNECTORS, YOU'LL REGRET IT IN THE FUTURE !!!

cojoman 05-18-2014 06:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay i went and got the central locking pump module from my car. This is what it looks like currently. I really think this one is okay but the terminals are corroded and also the piece of metal holding it seems to be in very much corroded also but it doesn't seem to be as bad as the Vacuum Pump. I know this one might need to be programmed if i have to get a new one.
My questions is, can it be tested? At least before i go through the hassle of trying to get another one, i will love to see if it is still good.

What do you think?

cojoman 05-18-2014 07:30 PM

Hey Guys,

I opened it and the inside was heavily corroded. I think the water was sitting there for a while that's why. I probably need to get a new one and program it. Is the dealership the only place that can program it? Is there something i should be worried about beforeprogramming it?

Thank you guys.

RED DOG 05-18-2014 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by cojoman (Post 796729)
Hey Guys,

I opened it and the inside was heavily corroded. I think the water was sitting there for a while that's why. I probably need to get a new one and program it. Is the dealership the only place that can program it? Is there something i should be worried about before programming it?

Thank you guys.

These parts do NOT need to be programed. Nothing that you're going to do requires any programming so get that out of your head and don't even THINK about going to the stealership again.

See if you can buy the central locking pump including the foam case and the security module with it's mounting bracket and bolt from the guy locally who is parting out his collision damaged Crossfire. Make sure the parts look good (no sign of water damage) and make sure the part numbers match what you removed. Everything is "plug & play".

In the meantime clean up all the wiring and the wire harness connectors using isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Do any of the wires or connectors look burnt or melted? You should also take apart the left side of the trunk so you can clean out the entire lower trunk well area that was flooded. Suggest using "scrubbing bubbles with bleach" and a scrubby sponge.

Do you have water inside your taillights?

Post photos of the trunk well areas when you get them cleaned up and post photos of the wire connectors.

Did you take out the battery and either get it charged up or get a new one?

Let us know when you have the replacement parts in hand.