Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Got One!!

Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got One!!

Hi All
Just picked up my 05 Graphite roadster. Love the car. I have a couiple of questions for you all.

1. Has any bought the extended warranty, if so, is it worth the money?

2. Has anyone looked into putting a power antenna to replace the rubber one that came with the car.
Thanks Al

Old 12-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Default Re: Got One!!

An extended warranty is like any other insurance. If you need it, it can be well worth the money. If you don't need it, then it wasn't worth the money. It's a gamble. I gambled and bought it.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 PM

I gambled and didn't buy it. I kind of figured the big items are the drive train. 7/70 should cover it for me.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Forum Regular

I bought it too and with all the sophisticated electronics, I will probably use it. The only downside is if I ever decide to hop up the Xfire and void the warrenty. Decisions, decisions!
As far as the antenna goes I have the one in the window so I can't be of much help. You'll need a very compact unit as there is little space in the trunk. Good luck!

Old 12-29-2004, 10:54 PM

Bob,

I am facing the same dilemma. Since Mopar Performance offers performance parts (high performance engine control modules, turbochargers, etc.) for most Chrysler models that have been around for a few years, I figure it is just a matter of time before they offer performance parts for the Crossfire. All Mopar Performance parts still allow you to maintain Chrysler's original warranty on the car, so I think I am just going to wait it out.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlvinByars
Bob,

I am facing the same dilemma. Since Mopar Performance offers performance parts (high performance engine control modules, turbochargers, etc.) for most Chrysler models that have been around for a few years, I figure it is just a matter of time before they offer performance parts for the Crossfire. All Mopar Performance parts still allow you to maintain Chrysler's original warranty on the car, so I think I am just going to wait it out.
Avin:
I think that is a sound decision at this point!
Question! Does Chrysler have an issue with the warranty when you add more than 10% more hp than stock even with their parts?

Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM

Bob,

I called the folks at Mopar Performance several days ago looking for a high performance Powertrain Control Module, and I asked about the impact on the OEM warranty (standard and extended) when performance parts are installed. They said that all Mopar Performance parts are OEM parts and, if installed by a Chrysler dealer, all OEM warranties remain intact. They have performance parts for nearly every Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep model that has been around for at least a couple of years. Many of their performance parts add significant performance increases. However, one caveat ... they said that the warranties remain intact under normal driving conditions, and that sanctioned racing is not considered normal driving conditions (I assume they mentioned sanctioned racing because that is something they can check).

Old 12-30-2004, 12:07 AM

that rubber antenna with the wire wound around it what makes the GPS work I think.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:16 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks Alvin. By the way, is that module comparable to a Power chip from DC?

Old 12-30-2004, 03:54 PM

Bob,

Yes, their performance chips are comparable to those from PowerChip, Upsolute, or any of the other performance chip makers. They typically cost less than the third party vendors (current performance chips for the Chrysler 300, PT-Cruiser, Prowler, etc. run a bit less than $300), they produce the same performance gains and everything is still covered under the Chrysler warranty. It's just a matter of time before the same kinds of performance equipment is available for the Crossfire.

Old 12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by al_luss
Hi All
Just picked up my 05 Graphite roadster. Love the car. I have a couiple of questions for you all.

1. Has any bought the extended warranty, if so, is it worth the money?

2. Has anyone looked into putting a power antenna to replace the rubber one that came with the car.
Thanks Al
1.I think you can purchase it anytime before your factory one expires.

2.don't know .maybe ?

Old 12-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks Alvin,
Please let me know if you hear about on coming out by DC.