Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Ladys car ? is it ?

Old 01-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ladys car ? is it ?

Guys iv had my xf since 3 months now & 1 week ago a cousin in the states told me THIS
(HEY TONY THAT CAR HERE IN U,S,A IS A LADYS CAR MAN WHY WHAT DID U DID)

A COUSIN IN ENGLAND SAYS it looks kinda like a little girls car

i love my cross fire alot but listning to this is a killer is this true in the states please let me know whats the deal as i cant sleep lmao lol hehehehe

Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Ladys car ? is it ?

Thier yankin your chain. They meant (you get girls with that car!)

Old 01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, I've had more ladies since I got my Crossfire :lol:

Old 01-11-2005, 01:46 AM

Think of the car like the mask in the movie with Jim Carey. If people see you driving it and think it's a girl's car... well, there's really not much hope is there...? All it really does is accentuate you own pesonality, so there you have it...

Old 01-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Smile Re: Ladys car ? is it ?

Originally Posted by Bob G
Thier yankin your chain. They meant (you get girls with that car!)
Tony,
If you talk like you write, don't worry about picking up any ladies.

Last edited by Gunner; 01-11-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah screw those jealous losers. One guy said that to me after I first got my car... the only time someone referred to it as a girls car, he said "Oh my friend had one of those but he traded it in for a whatever because he thought it was a girls car". I just nodded and smiled but inside I was thinking yeah right, your friend didn't even have enough time to get one and trade it in, they just came out.

Anyway this guy was just jealous too. You gotta understand the mentality of a hater. I think everyone does the same thing to some extent.. you see a mansion or a Bentley or something you can never afford and you say "oh I dont like that about it, or I'd have done this instead of that". Well too bad you can't have it to begin with. That's the attitude I've sensed from some people. Meanwhile they wish they were flying home from work in a Crossfire instead of their 92 corolla. However most of the time it's nothing but praise.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Banned

Maybe because the Crossfire has the SEXY rear -end !

Old 01-11-2005, 10:46 AM

I quit worrying a long time ago about what other people think about what I drive or about what other people think about anything else I do. Life's too short ... do and drive what makes you happy, not what makes someone else happy (unless it's your spouse, of course ... then worry about what makes both of you happy).

Old 01-11-2005, 04:24 PM

Lady's car i think not, it just a great looking car with mediorce performance. Not like it is a 6 cylinder pony car. I call that a chick's car and I am not jealous of a 6 cylinder poney car. Every time i see a guy driving a 6 cylinder pony car I just shake my head and say why?
Yes I know this coming from a guy who thinks he should have bought a mini cooper s. LOL

Old 01-11-2005, 05:31 PM

Have confidence brother. Like what you like and ignore your detractors.

As for the Crossfire, it's certainly not a ladies' car. The SLK is - but the XF certainly isn't.

Best **** in town, mine.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:32 PM

Yea, but your a lady!!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 PM

I have a feeling that anything WoooWooo drives would be a real lady's car!

Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 PM

A female clerk at a convenience store was looking at my new Crossfire while I was inside looking for a bottle of water. As I got into my car, she saw the lighted doorsills and was so blown away that she asked me to pick her up after work and take her for a drive. I didnt even know the woman, but being the chivalrous gentleman that I am, I felt it was my duty to honor her request and give her a taste of the XF experience.

Hold your head high my friend, you are a member of an elite few who are fortunate enough to own such a unique ride.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by WOOOWOOO
The Crossfire is a Unisex Vehicle - suitable or designed for both males and females. TONY..take your testosterone down a knotch and let women play with toys also..The only thing girly about my car is my WoooWooo tag... The rest of it is like a A Metro Sexual male..it is meticulous, fashion-conscience and fabulously sexy..no matter who drives it...Its the hottest car on the market for the bucks...and whoever drives it is SEXY BEHIND THE WHEEL...Dont worry about what people say..just pick up the women and I mean real women and see how they feel about you and your car...Crossfire Goggles is what they will be wearing...
Saying its metro sexual is not a good thing, hearing that makes me want to get rid of my car more lol. I may be well dressed and clean cut, but I do not have a manicure!

Just thought of a story. I was sitting in a restaurant parking lot, waiting for the other to arrive, and these 2 women came up to and said there is that crossfire, not realizing I am in the car. When they did it startled them, and they asked me how I liked it and I said I'm a bit underwhelmed. They said I'm looking at this and a base Boxter, told her to get the boxter. Then she said the power of the crossfire did feel weak compared to the Boxter. She said thanks and walked away.

The Attention was not wanted----they were old enough to be my mother.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a lot of reasons why some losers say negative things about our Crossfire styling....we have it all! The European styling of a Mercedes ( the gills and the SLK platform ), of a Porsche ( the boat tail and auto deployed wing ) and an Audi ( the silver trimming in the windshield ). Hey, those are great styling cars aren't they...and we have it all in our Crossfire!

Old 01-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Banned
Talking Re: Ladys car ? is it ?

Originally Posted by Bullseye
Saying its metro sexual is not a good thing, hearing that makes me want to get rid of my car more lol. I may be well dressed and clean cut, but I do not have a manicure!

Just thought of a story. I was sitting in a restaurant parking lot, waiting for the other to arrive, and these 2 women came up to and said there is that crossfire, not realizing I am in the car. When they did it startled them, and they asked me how I liked it and I said I'm a bit underwhelmed. They said I'm looking at this and a base Boxter, told her to get the boxter. Then she said the power of the crossfire did feel weak compared to the Boxter. She said thanks and walked away.

The Attention was not wanted----they were old enough to be my mother.
Meaning they weren't air heads !

Old 01-12-2005, 01:35 PM

Tony,
I think the Crossfire is a car for anyone that likes it. I see Male and female drivers in the Corvette, and it's not a girlie car! I know you love your car and I even like what you've done with it! Your car is just that, your car! There is no stigma in the U.S. that the Crossfire is a "girlie car". In fact, Red Cross, who is a guy referrs to his car as a "he". I'm not sure that the guys like the "Metro sexual" term, Wooowooo. It's just a hair away from gay for a lot of them!

Tony, just keep having fun with your car!!

Old 01-12-2005, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
Tony,
I'm not sure that the guys like the "Metro sexual" term, Wooowooo. It's just a hair away from gay for a lot of them!
This is true lol.

But I do consider a automatic vette vert kinda of a woman's car. Any vert auto I feel this way lol. The XF is an exception though.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Wink Re: Ladys car ? is it ?

Wooowooo, I got that! And I'm sure you didn't offend anyone.
Actually, when I wrote that gay thing, I had intended and forgot to add, "no offense, WonderDallas".
it was just something I've observed about men I've been around when the word "metro sexual" came up.
You're a lucky lady and that was a strong comparison!

Old 01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Banned
Red face Re: Ladys car ? is it ?

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
Wooowooo, I got that! And I'm sure you didn't offend anyone.
Actually, when I wrote that gay thing, I had intended and forgot to add, "no offense, WonderDallas".
it was just something I've observed about men I've been around when the word "metro sexual" came up.
You're a lucky lady and that was a strong comparison!
I guess either way your leaning the Crossfire has a sexy rear-end !

Some people may just get more rear-end than others !

Quick Reply: Ladys car ? is it ?