Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Headlight Adjustment

Old 12-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Adjustment

Originally Posted by Salty Dawgs
Hey Fellows,
Regarding the blowby catch can...I made one during last winter's project car in my workshop. This is a link to fabricating your own can. I used ABS pipe, due to availability, and it seems more durable. The finished product was wrapped with a BUDWEISER aluminum beer can for the humor factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC3x-UAbNdk

The car is a Volkswagen Beetle, with a Corvair 140 HP engine in it, which has been warmed over with a small Holley 4 barrel, headers, reverse cam, etc. The catch can has replaced the old blow-by pipe that dripped oil on the garage floor. I'm attaching a photo of the Baja Bug, that we call the Ice Cream Car. You know...."Honey, get in the car, we're going for an ice cream cone"!

Again, thanks to all for your kind support. Merry Christmas!
Ted

Heya Salty & MRS! A question on your home made catch can? Did you fab a drain of any type? It seems the youtube version has to be taken off every time it needs draining.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Adjustment

On the Tijuana Taxi, the home-made can is securely fastened to an unused boss on the forward side of the engine, with a straight drop for waste oil to go below. The "plan" is that at oil change time, to move the waste oil catch pan from beneath oil drain plug, to beneath catch can and unscrew the large ABS bottom drain plug. Easy access. If it ever becomes a nuisance, it would be easy to put a petcock in the bottom.
For the X-Fire, I'm looking at some cans on E-Bay that look very good for about $30 USD. First, I'll have to look at the PCV system on the X-Fire engine and determine from there....
Right now I have a Radio Shack beeper to instal for the keyless entry. I may need a louder beeper though. Happy wife has some hearing issues, except when it comes to MONEY!
The wind deflectors look interesting too.

HAPPY HOLIDAZE,
Ted