Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Convertible Top Rubber Molding

Old 10-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Convertible Top Rubber Molding

I have a piece of rubber molding that is partially out on the passenger side of the convertible roof. I just can’t push it back into place. I’ve tried. It doesn’t prevent the door from closing or the window from closing but I want to get it back into place before it works its way further out.

What’s the process for fixing this? Should the top be partially up or will it go back into place while the top is locked into place?

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
top_molding_IMG_1086.JPG (49.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Convertible Top Rubber Molding

The moldings are held in place via the u shaped channel. This gets spread when a strip is removed. I use a pair of channel lock pliers to compress the gap one jaw width at a time, then it will stay put.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Convertible Top Rubber Molding

Originally Posted by KeithTexas
I have a piece of rubber molding that is partially out on the passenger side of the convertible roof. I just can’t push it back into place. I’ve tried. It doesn’t prevent the door from closing or the window from closing but I want to get it back into place before it works its way further out.

What’s the process for fixing this? Should the top be partially up or will it go back into place while the top is locked into place?

Thanks!
My 2005 has been in the shop (my GOD, finding a shop was difficult) for a few days to address this very thing (plus a few other hopefully minor issues). I've been told by 2 different places that this molding's been discontinued & can no longer be found. What sucks is that mine is a 2-yr-old recall replacement—one would think that this issue would have been addressed (perhaps another recall) once this issue had been identified.

Not sure what to do about this now. The driver's side one is out (they BOTH were sticking out when I picked the car up after the recall) & the pass side fell out last week. What. The. Hell.