Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Spotted: Chrysler TV Advertisement

Old 05-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spotted: Chrysler TV Advertisement

I saw a Chrysler Crossfire ad on TV yesterday (4/5/05). First one I've seen. They were showing a Black Roadster. Price stated, "starting at 29 something" - that was for the coupe I believe. I live in Dallas, TX.

Anyone else see these ads? They also seem to be popping up a little more on the road, unless it's imagination.

Old 05-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Spotted: Chrysler TV Advertisement

Yes, I'm in Michigan, and there are more on the road since spring finally broke here. Seeing more Roadsters too.
Didn't notice the ad though. Was it for a dealership, or Chrysler?

Old 05-06-2005, 09:18 PM

It was a Chrysler, specifically a Crossfire ad, not a dealer ad.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should have launched that when they first released the Crossfire in 2003!

Old 05-07-2005, 01:23 AM

Yes it is from Chrysler, not a dealership. It was one of the tv ads during Desperate Housewives.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:29 PM

I was in a bar last night and saw it twice on the TV there...it was on TNT...told my friend to stop talking so I could watch it. Also saw it on last week's Desperate Housewives.

FWIW, I got my Aero Blue Roadster end of January. Since then, I've seen 3 Crossfires on the road--all grey or black coupes, no Roadsters, no Aero Blue.

Couple of weeks ago, a guy I've never spoken to before but who I know lives in my condo complex, who has a Z3, stops me at this coffee joint and says he's getting the same car. Asks how I like it. Love it, I tell him. I'm sitting here wondering if he realizes we live a building away from one another. He must--we park 75 yards from one another.

Anyway, I was away the past two weeks, get back home, and sure enough, he has the exact same car.

Had to laugh...never see the damned car anywhere, and then this guy gets the same exact one and lives next door. Also have to admit that it annoys me at the same time. LOL.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:55 PM

The current "BeepBeep.com" new and used auto TV ad shows a SSB Roadster for a few seconds driving away from the camera, near the end of the ad.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:31 PM

They did run these ads when the car first came out. Hadn't seen 'em until the Playoffs a week or so ago, now I see them a few times a night. They're hurting and should've starting running them a long time ago, or at least not have taken them off of the air completely.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:14 PM

Hello good people, I saw the conversation about the Crossfire Commercial and just couldn’t help myself. So what did you guys think about the ad?

The word is that there will definitely be 2006 Crossfire, so please tell us what you think... I've spoken with a few of you in other threads who really seem to believe that the car hasn't taken off due to lack of advertising.... MotorAlleyCat seems to be expressing similar sentiment here... We’re trying people… Any one who’s willing and has an opinion, please send /post your thoughts… We're very interested in what you have to say.

Thanks,

Robin T.
Chrysler Information Center Marketing Representative
www.chrysler.com
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753)

Old 05-20-2005, 02:16 PM

I like the ad, I like most of your ads. I'm sure it's not all advertising, it could also be the price point of the car too. Everyone seems to love it, but whenever I'm stopped they have no idea who makes it or what it is! I mean I love having a car that no one else does for sure, but people don't even know what make it is. I've had to repeat myself 5 times to people..."Chrysler Crossfire" "A what???" and so on and so on... It's just a shame that more people weren't made aware of it.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RobinT, if you want to know what the Crossfire owners think of the car, just look under the topic "Things I wish my Crossfire had."

Old 05-23-2005, 02:18 PM

I think more (and better) advertising would help with sales. These people are right, a lot of people that say they like the car, don't know what it is. They need to make some really neet comercials. Something showing that the wing is animated, and not fixed (one of the things that sets it apart). I think Chrysler had some good commercials for the jeep in the past. I loved the one where it was driving under the snow and came to a stop sign where you could only see the glow of the turn signal in the snow. That was a classic. There needs to be one that is memorable like that! Something to get people talking about it!
Good luck!

Old 05-23-2005, 08:30 PM

All,

Have had my Limited Roadster one year now. The dash and the center console have rattles, one blown tranny gasket (My 03' S2000 has never been back to the dealer and does not have any shake, rattles or rolls). The market is so soft on Xfires that resale's (05') are less the 25K. Chrysler really needs to put on a full court press and TV adverts, or we will not see a 2007. Even though I love my XFire, never again with a Chrysler Badge.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:50 AM

i have not seen one advertisement in the states...ever. period. in fact, i didn't even know what this car was all about until i did my own research. and chrysler's site sux, they need to fire the team that made it and get a new team. if you can't do your job right, you don't deserve it.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Banned

Whatever happened to comparing cars on TV!!! DC should put the Crossfire up against its competition on some TV adds. The looks alone would blast them and then some laps.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:11 PM

Has anyone seen this ad with Celine Dion? http://members.aol.com/elee19971/crossfir.zip

I have yet to see any TV ads myself...

Old 05-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hansolo94583
Has anyone seen this ad with Celine Dion? http://members.aol.com/elee19971/crossfir.zip
You know...I remember this ad. This is old...my wife remembers it too. But both of us couldn't remember any specific Crossfire commercial until viewing the one at this link. Every Crossfire ad I've seen since wasn't a Crossfire ad, but a Chrysler ad with the Crossfire leading off the commercial. Sadly, there is never any focus or emphasis on the car. It is as if Chrysler marketing execs believe that everyone knows what a Crossfire is...so there's no reason to spend on advertising. Suggestion....if we're going to see some 2007s they'd better get to work on the Super Bowl spot. This is the right audience and the right time to relaunch the make. Chrysler marketing...are you listening? I'd bet a few good minds from this forum could write the copy. (No, I'm not one of them).

Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by RobinT
Hello good people, I saw the conversation about the Crossfire Commercial and just couldn’t help myself. So what did you guys think about the ad?

The word is that there will definitely be 2006 Crossfire, so please tell us what you think... I've spoken with a few of you in other threads who really seem to believe that the car hasn't taken off due to lack of advertising.... MotorAlleyCat seems to be expressing similar sentiment here... We’re trying people… Any one who’s willing and has an opinion, please send /post your thoughts… We're very interested in what you have to say.

Thanks,

Robin T.
Chrysler Information Center Marketing Representative
www.chrysler.com
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753)
That you guys should have been doing them sooner?

Old 05-25-2006, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by golfdude
RobinT, if you want to know what the Crossfire owners think of the car, just look under the topic "Things I wish my Crossfire had."
Would that be the thread I started or another one?

Old 05-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular

I thought I'd report that no one at Chrysler Marketing appears to be listening. RobinT hasn't been on the forum since last July. I shot an email to her...let's see if she's even still employed at Chrysler.

Quick Reply: Spotted: Chrysler TV Advertisement