Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wild Kingdom

Old 03-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wild Kingdom

Did anyone happen to catch "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" on Animal Planet last night? The main MoO commercial they were playing featured a kid grousing about how his dad bought long term care insurance instead of something cool for his mid-life crisis. The next scene shows a red roadster pulling into the driveway.

I'm not sure if I should be amused or insulted by that commercial!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wild Kingdom

Originally Posted by bobs
I'm not sure if I should be amused or insulted by that commercial!
Funny, I'm also not sure if you should be amused or insulted.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it s funny... i say we have XFunadulterated ordacity... not mid-life crisis!!!

and why did we really buy the XF... simple... BECAUSE WE CAN!!!

my brother-in-law said jokingly to my sister... is your brother going thru a mid-life crisis because he got the XF?????

hmmm as brother-in-laws go, he is a cutesie!!! so i took him for a ride... and i do mean a RIDE in the XF... let him drive it TOO, and he retracted his statement...hehehehe quietly saying that the XF is a car well appreciated by a skilled driver...

his next car purchase is his dream-car... the mini!!! hahaha... come on john (brother-in-law)!?!?!? who is going thru a midlife crisis!?!?! LOL ... he is just jealous that my sis won't let him get the XF!!!

there is only room for one XF in this family!!!

HEHEHEHEH

Old 03-14-2006, 03:48 PM

Haha! XF envy! Aren't mid-life crisis's fun! You think your mid life is at 40? Haha again!
I still think mini's are female cars.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
Haha! XF envy! Aren't mid-life crisis's fun!
Everytime I hear someone (I know) suggest that I'm going thru a mid-life crisis, it really cracks me up. Then I ask them, "Since I've never been without a high performance sports car since I turned 19, just how did they come to that conclusion?
Finally, I remind them, if I was to ever go out and buy a big new 4 door sedan, or a SUV, then that would truly qualify as a MID-LIFE CRISIS for me!
As for the people who don't know me, they can think what ever they want.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:38 PM

+fireamx,
I'm not sure where that term goes (mid-life crisis), exactly, but I guess people think you can pick-up more chicks in a sports car than a big sedan, or suv.so maybe that qualifies for something to make you feel like you still got it, lol! AS for me, I don't want to pick up ANY chicks, but I don't mind getting the thumbs up once in a while! I'm sure the youngsters with the XF's don't mind that either.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Forum Regular

+fireamx ... that's funny... me too ... i think i will be on my death bed... inside my future garage next to the xf... to put my midlife crisis to rest... hehehehe
j

but you know people, the majority of the XF owners i see on the road is 55+... not a "kids" car here (NYC). i know this forum posted an AVERAGE AGE POST a while back... i think the outcome was 34 something... there abouts...

however here in NY i am a youngster compared to the other XF owners... to date, since SEPT '05 i have only seen 3 people under the age of 30 in NY behind the wheel of the XF.

whenever i see an XF, i always let them know about Xff.org. most (the elders) seem to care less. a few ask why!?

i say... besides my normal ritual about this site's benefits... WHY NOT?!

Old 03-15-2006, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Everytime I hear someone (I know) suggest that I'm going thru a mid-life crisis, it really cracks me up. Then I ask them, "Since I've never been without a high performance sports car since I turned 19, just how did they come to that conclusion?
Finally, I remind them, if I was to ever go out and buy a big new 4 door sedan, or a SUV, then that would truly qualify as a MID-LIFE CRISIS for me!
As for the people who don't know me, they can think what ever they want.
I'm still waiting for someone to accuse me of such a thing. Then again, only being 28 helps in that department.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Forum Regular

yeah i was thinking ... when i was twenty something in the mid 80's, what car then, would be the equivalent to the XF in terms of performance and its unique mass-appeal yet rare to see on the road... the delorean??? hehehehe... hmmm maybe the 944??? but i am looking more at AMERICAN MADE or bred...

Old 03-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfire1
yeah i was thinking ... when i was twenty something in the mid 80s, what car then, would be the equivalent to the XF in terms of performance and its unique mass-appeal yet rare to see on the road... the delorean??? hehehehe... hmmm maybe the 944??? but i am looking more at AMERICAN MADE or bred...
by the way atrius you were the first member here to assist me with questions when i joined up here... something about the service manual... anyway... 28 huh? 30 is usually a monumental year in terms of self!

j.

you lucky son of a gun to have an XF b4 30... yet there are very bright 21 years olds here with XFs too... what will they be driving at 40??? an enzo??? hehehehe

Old 03-15-2006, 01:18 AM

by the way atrius you were the first member here to assist me with questions when i joined up here... something about the service manual... anyway... 28 huh? 30 is usually a monumental year in terms of self!

j.

you lucky son of a gun to have an XF b4 30... yet there are very bright 21 years olds here with XFs too... what will they be driving at 40??? an enzo??? hehehehe
Well, I know if I have my way, it would be either a Firepower or a ME412. With my trusty Crossfire in the garage receiving its latest mod.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:31 PM

You know, xfire1, these days there is such thing as 1/4 life crisis! Maybe Atrius comes under that!
There was no such thing when we were in our mid 20's. We just had fun, no crisis needed!
Anyway, no matter what your age, the xf is a blast to drive!

Last edited by MI Roadster; 03-15-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
You know, xfire1, these days there is such thing as 1/4 life crisis! Maybe Atrius comes under that!
There was no such thing when we were in our mid 20's. We just had fun, no crisis needed!
Anyway, no matter what your age, the xf is a blast to drive!
atrius... yeah...see...you in a FIREPOWER in your 30's and me in a firepower when i am in my 40s'...your still a decade or so behind me... what's after the firepower??? and so... the cycle of life forges on... but or rides make it more thrilling.... hooooorah!

MI roadster...
its a car for all times for all people for all ages...! but in this wild kingdom...hehehehe ...to have a XF, does bring one out of any crisis!

just what the doctor prescribed!!! one fool-proof bona-fide attitude adjuster!

Old 03-16-2006, 01:11 AM

atrius... yeah...see...you in a FIREPOWER in your 30's and me in a firepower when i am in my 40s'...your still a decade or so behind me... what's after the firepower??? and so... the cycle of life forges on... but or rides make it more thrilling.... hooooorah!

MI roadster...
its a car for all times for all people for all ages...! but in this wild kingdom...hehehehe ...to have a XF, does bring one out of any crisis!

just what the doctor prescribed!!! one fool-proof bona-fide attitude adjuster!
Given the relative costs between the Firepower and the ME412, I imagine the ME412 after the Firepower.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:25 AM

28 when I got my xfire!!! my dad bought a boat when he had his mid-life crisis, then at the next one he bought another boat, then a jeep, then a convertible and his last mid life crisis he got a harley... he may live forever if he gets the corvette next time! my mom says he's entitled to a mid-life crisis every 4 years cause he still acts like he is 8.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular

HEY DAVE... SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DAD IS LIKE A CAT!!! 9 LIVES....HEHEHEHE.

ANYWAY... WHEN ARE YOU HEADING FOR THE SEA AGAIN???

ANY LUCK 'BOUT THE xf RENTAL... I AM STILL LOOKING FOR YOU AS WELL.

JOSH

Old 03-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Smile Re: Wild Kingdom

Originally Posted by Dave_rccl
28 when I got my xfire!!! my dad bought a boat when he had his mid-life crisis, then at the next one he bought another boat, then a jeep, then a convertible and his last mid life crisis he got a harley... he may live forever if he gets the corvette next time! my mom says he's entitled to a mid-life crisis every 4 years cause he still acts like he is 8.
Hahahahaha! That's great! I like your mom. She actually put a minimum number of years 'till the next one, I think my husband has one every year! If you've seen our gallery before it disappeared, you'd know what I mean. I'll have to think about that minimum year to wait for the next one, thing!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Talking Re: Wild Kingdom

Hey!!! What you talkin' about girl???