Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Car won't start

Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car won't start

Got a call from parking garage saying they're having problems starting my car.

The key won't lock/unlock the doors for one. Second, when I put the key in the ignition and try to start, there's power (headlights on, radio on) but engine is not turning.

Reading from posts regarding dead batteries in key fob. I got my spare key and tried that and same thing happens.

I doubt if both my keys have dead batteries at the same time. If this is true, why wouldn't my key able to lock/unlock doors if the car battery has enough juice to turn on headlights and radio?

Waiting for Triple A to jump the battery... so hopefully that's all it is. Any thoughts... while i wait for the triple A? :-)

Old 08-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Car won't start

Jump starting didn't work. Saw something about turning the wheel and starting in the forum. That didn't work either.

Damn, starter problems already???

To make matter worse, i'm parked in an underneath garage where towing the car is not going to be possible. Gonna have to get enough people help push on a curve... and maybe to the nearest cliff... ;-)

Anyone else had starting problems?

Old 08-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds to me like the immobilizer system has forgotten your keys, in which case you may have a warranty issue because one of the electronic modules (the SKREEM) may have gone bad. Give your dealer a call.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Forum Regular

Looks like the parking attendant at work f'd with my car. Triple A came and he did the usual stuff but what fixed it was when he disconnected and reconnected the battery. We think they somehow triggered the alarm and disabled the car. Though they never mentioned that the alarm went off and that they pushed the car out of the way so another car that i was blocking could leave.

Is there a kill switch of some sort on this car?

Come to think of it my Expedition had two separate incidents dealing with the alarm with the same parking attendant.

So I take back what i said about pushing the car off the cliff, and perhaps push the attendant off the cliff instead.

Oh and from now on, disconnecting battery is my first troubleshooting step... sound like a Windows pc... ;-)

Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
Though they never mentioned that the alarm went off.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the XF does not have an audible alarm.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by midnightman
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the XF does not have an audible alarm.
It is quite audible...it will deafen you in a garage. Set mine off accidentally once.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The alarm is so load it'll wake up a dead horse and he'll run so fast that he'd win the Derby. Don't ask how I know.

John

Old 08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

I stand corrected. Good to know. Of course, I should have realized this by the fact that the key fob has a panic button.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:33 PM

LOL, That's why when I have to park in a garage, I find one that you don't have to leave the keys! I would never do that. lol

Old 08-09-2006, 01:38 PM

midnightman,

Someday, when you want to mess with somebody, hit the panic button as somebody walks past your car. Don't do it to old people...you may cause a heart attack.

I accidentally set it off while my wife was about to open the trunk. Neither of us knew that she could jump that high and that fast. I think she still thinks it was done purposely...It wasn't.

John

Old 08-09-2006, 09:57 PM

maybe get to the dealer and have him download from the computer incident record just exactly what happened...jimboo

Old 01-19-2007, 10:58 PM

This sounds EXACTLY what is happening to me as I sit at work waiting for someone to come pick me up. I think I will try disconnecting the battery.
But what is causing the keyless entry not to work in the first place? Someone set off my alarm during the day disabling it or something?

Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by midnightman
oh trust me it does the sound it produces causes you to hear extra sounds which are not typically presents... i set this off in a small closed garage accidentally and was actually able to hear my eardrum vibrations... i have not had that happen even after standing next to a sound system of a loud dance club... if you some day decide it's time to become deaf like when your grand children are bothering you or something... this is a good way to do it

Old 01-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
Looks like the parking attendant at work f'd with my car. Triple A came and he did the usual stuff but what fixed it was when he disconnected and reconnected the battery. We think they somehow triggered the alarm and disabled the car. Though they never mentioned that the alarm went off and that they pushed the car out of the way so another car that i was blocking could leave.

Is there a kill switch of some sort on this car?

Come to think of it my Expedition had two separate incidents dealing with the alarm with the same parking attendant.

So I take back what i said about pushing the car off the cliff, and perhaps push the attendant off the cliff instead.

Oh and from now on, disconnecting battery is my first troubleshooting step... sound like a Windows pc... ;-)
Hernan: Sounds like you need to put a sign on your dashboard (in spanish) "IF YOU TOUCH MY CAR, I'LL DEPORT YOU".

Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Cool Re: Car won't start

Originally Posted by HDDP
Hernan: Sounds like you need to put a sign on your dashboard (in spanish) "IF YOU TOUCH MY CAR, I'LL DEPORT YOU".
Wow... Hddp i thought you was a educated guy, but its obvious your just another hillbilly ****** bag!! That comment was little uncalled for, don't you think so Billy Bob Cletus??

Old 01-21-2007, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by filbercf
Wow... Hddp i thought you was a educated guy, but its obvious your just another hillbilly ****** bag!! That comment was little uncalled for, don't you think so Billy Bob Cletus??
You wouldn't understand... It's a California thing, and a LONG running problem here... There have been too many news reports of parking lot attendants making copies of keys, house, car etc... and then getting the home address off the auto registration when you park the car in the lot, then... You can imagine... Mostly illegal aliens who work for cash at these parking garages here in So. Cal. and nobody has verifiable ID when they are hired... I'm not telling stories out of school, nor was this a racist comment... This is a fact of life in this big city and the LAPD has tried to address the problem... Do a google search about the subject and then send a nice email with your retraction and apology for calling me a
hillbilly ****** bag!! Billy Bob Cletus??

Last edited by HDDP; 01-21-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

This is too strange. After reading the Forum this morning, including this thread, I went to the garage and began taking my car cover off. For some reason, maybe I forgot to set my alarm, but my alarm went off and almost deafened me. I had a heck of a time getting it to go off. None of the buttons worked. I had to start it, luckily the key worked, and let it run for about two minutes until the alarm went off. I guess they was to reset something?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM

You're right FILBERCF... I'm just a BILLY BOB CLETUS who thinks that breaking the law is ILLEGAL... As far as the other member (AF)who posted, then retracted his comment, good decision...

Federal officials said Tuesday they arrested more than 750 illegal immigrants over the past week in the Los Angeles metropolitan area in what they described as one of the biggest such sweeps in U.S. history.

The weeklong series of raids in the five-county region targeted illegal immigrants who had previously been deported for crimes or had ignored final deportation orders.

The raids netted 338 illegal immigrants who were arrested at their homes and apartments and 423 who were identified in area jails since Jan. 17. Those already jailed will be transferred to federal custody when they finish serving their state sentences, said Virginia Kice, spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Last edited by HDDP; 01-24-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Forum Regular

I had the same thing happen to me but the
car wasn't moved. There is a module in the steering column
that went bad. They replaced, works fine..
I put a thread out here about 3 moths ago.
Will try to find.