Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Why I have two Crossfires

Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I have two Crossfires

First question:
Why I have two CF's?

When my daughter turned 16 in May 2006, I gave her my '97 C 230 MB and I went out and bought a new 2005 Black roadster SRT6. I ended up paying 38K for it. It was new (never titled) and had 150 miles on it. I thought it was a great deal. It was either the CF or the Corvette in the dealer lot next door. My wife said the Vette had too much power and knowing me, (figured I would let the daughter drive it) she thought the Cf was better to buy

Then in November the business next to me in Miami bought the twin to my car at an auction. At that time I was thinking, hmmm, wouldn't it be cool to have matching Crossfires. So, I was seriously considering buying the second one. Well, on December 8, my daughter got into an accident with the MB and I decided to give the matching CF to her for Xmas. (what a Dad). So on xmas night we returned from Ft.Myers and pulled into the driveway and she saw the Black roadster Crossfire in the driveway with a big red ribbon around the entire car. At first she thought it was mine till she turned around and saw the other one behind her. The 2nd one cost me 25K.

Both have about 11,000 miles on them.

To Brad considering a Crossfire:

Yes, the brake dust is a pain. Cleaning the SRT6 rims is time consuming. It takes 15 min to wash the car and 30 to clean the rims. For that matter it is a black car, which I had never previously owned. Luckily, I golf on weekends and usually have them wash it once a week. During the week, I'll wipe it down if it rains or spray that wax on it when I clean it. Ohhh yea, then there's my daughter... I cajole her into washing it occasionally.

Negatives:
Cup holder - need 2
No room for golf clubs in the "cough cough" trunk. They are my passenger.
If your taller than 6 ft., leg room might be a problem in the roadster
Driving long distances - In most other cars the right arm rest (and door arm rest) is situated where you can rest your elbow on it and still reach the steering wheel. Ok, maybe my arms are short... Bring a small pillow with you. The Corvette I was test driving was excellent ergonomically.

It took me a little bit of thinking for me to figure out if I wanted heat on my feet, I needed to shut off the top vents. Common sense prevailed. Was having senior moments. (Should have asked my daughter)
Lots of back draft wind coming in with the top down- Read last night about the plastic shield. That should eliminate that problem.

I will tell that I absolutely love driving the Cf. I usually drive fast and my wife might say a little aggressively. You have maximum control of this car. The car is very unique. It corners like a slot car on a table.

The heated seats are great. Even though I am in Miami, it does get a little nippy down here. Yea yea yea you can cry for me... it was 43 degrees yesterday morning. Buuuttt, no snow. LOL.

Thing I wish the Xfire had:

A better radio sound system. Ok I can replace the speakers and stereo.
Optional decent GPS Ok I can replace the radio with a GPS and satellite system

The car is comfortable. Would I buy another one. I did!

PS I'm 52 going on 19.

Randy
2 Black Roadster SRT6'S 2005

Hope to be a part of this forum for a long time.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Default Re: Why I have two Crossfires

I think the radio is great, the 2 6" subs behind the seat really get your butt bumping if you have some bass playing. Sounds better then my old 7 speaker infinity in my galant. The XF has nice bass with the subs, nice highs and mids with the 3 different speaker ranges.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Forum Regular
Red face Re: Why I have two Crossfires

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
First question:
Why I have two CF's?

When my daughter turned 16 in May 2006, I gave her my '97 C 230 MB and I went out and bought a new 2005 Black roadster SRT6. I ended up paying 38K for it. It was new (never titled) and had 150 miles on it. I thought it was a great deal. It was either the CF or the Corvette in the dealer lot next door. My wife said the Vette had too much power and knowing me, (figured I would let the daughter drive it) she thought the Cf was better to buy

Then in November the business next to me in Miami bought the twin to my car at an auction. At that time I was thinking, hmmm, wouldn't it be cool to have matching Crossfires. So, I was seriously considering buying the second one. Well, on December 8, my daughter got into an accident with the MB and I decided to give the matching CF to her for Xmas. (what a Dad). So on xmas night we returned from Ft.Myers and pulled into the driveway and she saw the Black roadster Crossfire in the driveway with a big red ribbon around the entire car. At first she thought it was mine till she turned around and saw the other one behind her. The 2nd one cost me 25K.

Both have about 11,000 miles on them.

To Brad considering a Crossfire:

Yes, the brake dust is a pain. Cleaning the SRT6 rims is time consuming. It takes 15 min to wash the car and 30 to clean the rims. For that matter it is a black car, which I had never previously owned. Luckily, I golf on weekends and usually have them wash it once a week. During the week, I'll wipe it down if it rains or spray that wax on it when I clean it. Ohhh yea, then there's my daughter... I cajole her into washing it occasionally.

Negatives:
Cup holder - need 2
No room for golf clubs in the "cough cough" trunk. They are my passenger.
If your taller than 6 ft., leg room might be a problem in the roadster
Driving long distances - In most other cars the right arm rest (and door arm rest) is situated where you can rest your elbow on it and still reach the steering wheel. Ok, maybe my arms are short... Bring a small pillow with you. The Corvette I was test driving was excellent ergonomically.

It took me a little bit of thinking for me to figure out if I wanted heat on my feet, I needed to shut off the top vents. Common sense prevailed. Was having senior moments. (Should have asked my daughter)
Lots of back draft wind coming in with the top down- Read last night about the plastic shield. That should eliminate that problem.

I will tell that I absolutely love driving the Cf. I usually drive fast and my wife might say a little aggressively. You have maximum control of this car. The car is very unique. It corners like a slot car on a table.

The heated seats are great. Even though I am in Miami, it does get a little nippy down here. Yea yea yea you can cry for me... it was 43 degrees yesterday morning. Buuuttt, no snow. LOL.

Thing I wish the Xfire had:

A better radio sound system. Ok I can replace the speakers and stereo.
Optional decent GPS Ok I can replace the radio with a GPS and satellite system

The car is comfortable. Would I buy another one. I did!

PS I'm 52 going on 19.

Randy
2 Black Roadster SRT6'S 2005

Hope to be a part of this forum for a long time.
I love this post...and for the record, are you looking to adopt? I think you'd be a great "father" figure for me! Ha... (HINT: My Crossfire is lonely without a companion, if you're feeling generous!).

Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM

LOL.

I appreciate the thought. You just never know these days. I look forward to meeting you and all the Crossfire enthusiast.

Randy
rmaderman@aol.com

Old 02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks alot RMADERMAN, for those of us who have daughters, you just made our lives a whole lot more difficult.
My Daughter wrecked her car last year, (not her fault) and now she's going to ask me why she didn't get a Crossfire replacement too.
She's on the forum all the time, so I know she's going to see this post.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Why I have two Crossfires

My wife liked mine so much, she went and bought her own. She said she has always liked it since it was just being released. I told her I had my eye on it since it was a concept car. Ha! I still think mine looks better.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:30 PM
RPM

The 2nd one cost me 25K.
So you got a SRT6 Roadster for 25k w/less than 11,000 miles on it? How did you run across that?

Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 AM

The owner really didn't know that the combination of the engine and the CF being a roadster added 10k to the cars worth. I really didn't think I should have told him. He still made a couple grand and was happy. He bought a boat that week and needed the cash.

Worked out for everybody.
Randy

Old 02-21-2007, 12:34 AM

This is such a great post. It must feel great to do things like that for your kids. Makes me want to hurry up and be a dad lol.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 AM
xfire embrace

Can't help it. j/p

Tho you can always adopt.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:08 AM
xfire embrace

Putting joke aside.

Good for you with two Crossfires.

If only the price of crossfire here is close to those that you've got, would love to or we could have trio.
One for my dad & mom, one for my bro & wife and myself.
For now my dad's a family man with his Mazda 3 fits mom and my kid sister. My bro, used to ride motorbike now with MPV, will have additional member to his family. Left myself.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 AM
RPM

The owner really didn't know that the combination of the engine and the CF being a roadster added 10k to the cars worth. I really didn't think I should have told him. He still made a couple grand and was happy. He bought a boat that week and needed the cash.

Worked out for everybody.
Randy
Wow - screamin' deal. Guess I would by 2 too!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular

Congrats on the 2 crossfires. Its nice to see that kind of support for this vehicle from members.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:38 AM

I just got back from a golfing weekend with a friend. 2 sets of clubs in the trunk (coupe). shoes and clothing for the weekend. True, the woods have to be taken out of the bags and placed in on top. But it all fits. I am a happy golf professional.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by btfpro
I just got back from a golfing weekend with a friend. 2 sets of clubs in the trunk (coupe). shoes and clothing for the weekend. True, the woods have to be taken out of the bags and placed in on top. But it all fits. I am a happy golf professional.
Funny that this post would reappear, I just got home from playing a round of golf. Played a course in Davie Florida called Grande Oaks (nice course, excellent greens). It was renamed several years ago when it was known as Rolling Hills where the movie Caddy Shack was filmed. Just bit of trevia.

Be happy you have a coupe. Your weekend with two sets of clubs and clothes would not have happened in a roadster. My clubs sit in the passenger seat.

By the way there were 6, yes 6 Bentleys and maybe 10 AMG MB's parked outfront of the clubhouse. My SRT was in good company. LOL Somebody has lots more pesos then I do.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Re: Why I have two Crossfires

Be happy you have a coupe. Your weekend with two sets of clubs and clothes would not have happened in a roadster. My clubs sit in the passenger seat. ...................
Hey Randy,
Buy my "New" SRT6 Coupe(No, it's not Black ), and your Clubs will go in style. Also, then you can write, "Why I have three Crossfires", while I'm writing, "Why I Had three Crossfires." Bill (SF)

Old 01-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by SilverFox
Hey Randy,
Buy my "New" SRT6 Coupe(No, it's not Black), and your Clubs will go in style. Also, then you can write, "Why I have three Crossfires", while I'm writing, "Why I Had three Crossfires." Bill (SF)
You are an accountant,correct? Your Srt is blue, mine are black. Imagine me black and blue after the attorey's and accountants got through with me. How do you spell DIVORCE.

Nice thought, but I only have one daughter (no adoptions planed) and the wife actually likes her Town and Country minivan.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Forum Regular

Randy, what a wonderful reply, very good. One up on you Bill, that's why I felt you should let that March 1st deadline slip and come down and meet some real nuts. John

Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Why I have two Crossfires

Originally Posted by JAmacher
Randy, what a wonderful reply, very good. One up on you Bill, that's why I felt you should let that March 1st deadline slip and come down and meet some real nuts. John
John, He got me there! Maybe you would like to add an SRT6 to your Stable, or would you be Sleeping in the Stable with it, if you got it?
BTW, "Sometimes you Feel Like a Nut, Sometimes you don't!" Bill

Old 01-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I just picked up my second Crossfire, too. My roadster was my dream car to replace the 74 TR6 I had thirty years ago. But I thought it would be cool to have a "matched" pair and was lucky to find an SRT6 in the same color and year. It gets delivered next week. BTW, paid $21k but it needs some body work on the driver's door. But it has only 8,200 miles and another 18 months of warranty.

Quick Reply: Why I have two Crossfires