Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

perfect timing

Old 08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry perfect timing

picked up my srt6 today, just to get letter in the mail telling me i didn't pay a stupid $30 dollar ticket and my license is suspended for 60 days. when i sent it in a few days ago, i head down to the registry and they say there's nothing i can do about it. so now there's just gonna be this beauty sitting in my garage for 2 months.

i'm pretty pissed off to say the least, and i don't even know how i'm going to get to work until my girl gets back from delaware for soccer games. AH!

Old 08-24-2007, 03:14 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Default Re: perfect timing

Ah Bummer Man!

If I lived any closer to you I would be glad to stop by and break that puppy in for you.

Not to worry - I am experienced!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM

Well, at least you now have 60 long days to do some mods before driving the beast. Could be fun.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Forum Regular

get me some kleenex.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by V-12
get me some kleenex.
Classic.

Doesn't everyone have a kleenex box velcro'd to their passenger side floormat? (See cupholder solution thread).

Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Life is random...so am I.

I expect that car is gonna shine like the sun in 2 months!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM
Classic. Doesn't everyone have a kleenex box velcro'd to their passenger side floormat? (See cupholder solution thread).
LMAO Great stuff!

Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 413MA
i picked up my srt6 today, just to get letter in the mail telling me i didn't pay a stupid $30 dollar ticket and my license is suspended for 60 days. when i sent it in a few days ago, i head down to the registry and they say there's nothing i can do about it. so now there's just gonna be this beauty sitting in my garage for 2 months.

i'm pretty pissed off to say the least, and i don't even know how i'm going to get to work until my girl gets back from delaware for soccer games. AH!
AH, I feel your pain man, I feel your pain!
(Come on Guys, Let's give him some support)?
(When your 17, 60 days seems like an eternity).

Last edited by SilverFox; 08-24-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:49 PM

FLASHBACK...1970 ...When I was 17 I got caught speeding 90 in a 65 south of Toledo going to OSU. Judge took my license for 90 days. I think he thought that was cute 90/90. Seems like yesterday. Sometimes you never learn. It is very difficult keeping this xfire under 100 on the expressway. But... I am trying my best.

Lets see :

Radar detector - on - check
Visual scan - ok - check

Old 08-25-2007, 09:23 AM

if things couldn't get any worse, i let my friend drive it last night and instead of saving money for mods, looks like i'm gonna be saving for a front bumper as it doesn't look very pretty anymore.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular

picked up my srt6 today, just to get letter in the mail telling me i didn't pay a stupid $30 dollar ticket and my license is suspended for 60 days. when i sent it in a few days ago, i head down to the registry and they say there's nothing i can do about it. so now there's just gonna be this beauty sitting in my garage for 2 months.

It is a good thing they did not bust you for driving to the office to complain about the suspension. That is if you drove there.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Forum Regular

if things couldn't get any worse, i let my friend drive it last night and instead of saving money for mods, looks like i'm gonna be saving for a front bumper as it doesn't look very pretty anymore.
Hope everyone was ok, if you can, post some pics. Something else you will learn with age, if you can't afford to fix it, you can't drive it. I've lived by that rule for most of my driving years. (Had a friend drop my perfect almost new Yamaha FZR-600 when I was 19, bike was never the same).

Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 AM

well, i have 2 months to fix it. so i'm going to be doing most of the work myself assuming only the bumper is damaged. i'm gonna have to take off the bumper to make sure the intercooler/radiator is still hanging correctly. and its not that i can't afford to fix it, its just the fact that it happened is just mind blowing it was like a dream.

but from the looks of under the car there's definitely something else that's out of place. i'm gonna have to take it out of the garage tomorrow and get a good look and take a few pictures.

if anything at all i wont have the temptation to take it out with a suspended license because that's just not looking possible.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 AM

does anyone know where i would be able to buy a srt6 front bumper? just hoping someone is ahead of me in research for the best place to buy parts for this car.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:24 PM

update:

looks like there's more damage than the front bumper, 1st the car wouldn't start. not a sound when the key was turned. i popped the hood to see a lot of dirt on everything and looking closer there was a wiring harness not hooked together. and a small puddle of anti-freeze under the car. i checked the hoses to see if they were still pressurized, which they weren't there was a lot of air in the lines. as i continued to looks for problems it looks like the fans are actually pushed back to the point where the top of the guard around the fan is partially under the front lip of the engine cover. tough to tell at this point if the intercooler/radiator is damaged because i can't get it out of the garage. hopefully there is no frame damage. tires didn't pop, and the wheels look to be in good shape. i hope dirt didn't get into anything either, i'm going to start draining all the fluids and get the bumper off today.

any feed back would be appreciated.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

update:

looks like there's more damage than the front bumper... any feed back would be appreciated.
sorry to hear of this.

any pics to share... it may help with a better view.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverFox
AH, I feel your pain man, I feel your pain!
(Come on Guys, Let's give him some support)?
(When your 17, 60 days seems like an eternity).
At our age we could be 60 days away from Eternity, Drive like the wind , with your Angel wing keeping you on the pavement.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:52 AM

well i got it rolled out of the garage (put the key into the shift release and rolled it out with a few guys). i cleaned it up and rolled it back in. i tried to take pictures after i rolled it back into my garage but they all came out dark. so next time i get a few people over to help out i'll snap a couple shots.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O man... that is just the nail in the coffin... first a license suspension now this... you have my condolences...

What happened? I don't get it... you rolled out and rolled in and now the car has problems?

That reminds me of the first few days I got the car also ran into some annoyances... Getting familiar with the car the first day I took it to a parking lot to do some ridiculous **** and accidentally drifted onto a small curb causing some bad scuffs to my wheels than a few days later, I left it in a parking lot and the rear bumper was SCRATCHED BAD... than driving home a truck passes me while i am a traffic light he is making a right passes to close and puts a deep mark on my passenger side window...

At that point I was like if this much happened in the first week... will I still have a car in 3 weeks? Since than though it has been taken care of at the highest level and has not acquired a new scratch since...

**** happens what can I say, don't let it take you down... just for next time regardless of what your friend did be careful who you let use your property, some people just are not deserving as they lack the skill for proper care... as you are 17 I am sure your friends are of similar age, who mostly lack driving experience so take it easy and make sure they do as well... the car can hypnotize you to drive up to speeds that may not be suitable for the driving conditions, what I am saying is take it easy... you will have your time..

Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 AM

i absolutely agree with you. i was shifting gears for my dad when i was 10 and behind the wheel when i was 12 (obviously not on the road, but learning basics) got on the road at 14 for brief side road driving with my dad and history from there. and i know i'm no professional so i can't imagine why i would let any1 else drive it. i hardly trust myself with the thing.

but i'm taking it as positive as i possibly can, i'm over all the one responsible for what happened. and i'm going to fix it to my up most ability. a friends step dad has an entire garage full of snap on tools and is a genius when it comes to cars. he's helped me before and he's always quick to jump into a project just for the fun of it. he's an awesome guy and i look forward to learning a lot from him.

Quick Reply: perfect timing