Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Another SprintBooster Endorsement

Old 04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another SprintBooster Endorsement

Wow. I just HAD to post about how pleased I am with the Sprint Booster in my SRT-6. I was a total skeptic when it came to paying $300 for something that just simlulates me pressing the gas pedal faster, but all the folks with the SprintBoosters convinced me that it would eliminate the throttle lag that was such a disappointment in this car.

Boy were they right! To anyone who has an SRT-6 without a SpringBooster, I have to say you don't know what you're missing. The car's throttle response with the SprintBooster is how the car should have shipped from the factory. It's like I have a different car now. It moves out the way a 350hp sports car should. Turn that traction control off and see how easy it is to light up the tires. Hell, even with it on, you can light 'em up for a sec before the TC kicks in.

I'm very happy with my purchase. It is worth every penny. Thanks to all the folks that helped convince me.

BTW: to anyone installing a SprintBooster: don't bother with the "remove the whole gas pedal assembly" method. It's such a bugger to get that washer out, it will ruin your day. Do the "two screws and a side panel removal" method. It couldn't get any easier unless the seat popped up and out of the way!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another SprintBooster Endorsement

Originally Posted by tom2112

BTW: to anyone installing a SprintBooster: don't bother with the "remove the whole gas pedal assembly" method. It's such a bugger to get that washer out, it will ruin your day. Do the "two screws and a side panel removal" method. It couldn't get any easier unless the seat popped up and out of the way!
Thanks for the heads up - my CAI arrives in a couple of days, and the SB is my next mod.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
TVT_DESIGN

We installed 4 SB at the RI meet and the longest one took about ten mins. Super simple and not one unhappy customer.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 482 Likes on 335 Posts

As I said here on so many other threads.
It's worth every cent and everyone should at least drive a Crosfire once that has one before they make a judgment. Enjoy

Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tom2112
Wow. I just HAD to post about how pleased I am with the Sprint Booster in my SRT-6. I was a total skeptic when it came to paying $300 for something that just simlulates me pressing the gas pedal faster, but all the folks with the SprintBoosters convinced me that it would eliminate the throttle lag that was such a disappointment in this car.
Did you use BDD451A or BDD451A2?

BTW: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=23949

Last edited by 70GT6; 04-27-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Since I have an SRT-6, I went with the recommended BDD451A2.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:58 PM

I installed mine earlier this week and the car is a totally different beast. I absolutely love it and I have to thank Cryril for the awesome deal

Old 04-27-2008, 12:59 PM
RPM

I'm still a SB holdout. Can't seem to shell out 300 bones for something that really doesn't make it faster, handle better, etc.
Posts like these make me get closer to ordering one, but I'm not there yet.

The throttle lag on these cars is pretty bad.
Does it really make that big of a difference?

Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I'm still a SB holdout. Can't seem to shell out 300 bones for something that really doesn't make it faster, handle better, etc.

It makes a difference when launching or doing quick accelerating. I know it doesn't make it faster but it's the response that the car gives you when you want to gun it

Old 04-27-2008, 01:17 PM

I am one of the RI happy customers. It is a night and day difference. I ended up getting the ecu tune too. Surprizingly I have to get used to starting out in 1st usng the Autoshift. The response is instantanious. I am very happy with it. What is $300 now-a-days 6 fill-ups? I only have an N/A Crossfire so I am not sure how an SRT would benefit. I'd say save up cut back on a few coffees, find a was to justify the expense and get one.

By the way Tony was great, if all things are equal (price/product) I'd say give him the busuiness.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by RPM

Yes it does make a big difference in the throttle response. TVT Design installed one in my srt6 at Newport RI. cruise yesterday and I'm happy I bought it. you just touch the throttle now and you feel it respond. You won't regret it even though $300 bucks is lot for it it's well worth it for the difference it makes in the throttle response.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:32 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Thank you everyone for the support.

The SB will theoretically increase 0-60 times and passing power due to faster onset of WOT. Expect a tenth or two difference dpending on mods. I say theoretically because I have never personally tested it, but have read that a few MB guys did.

For SOP, the SB will be more noticeable then the ECU tune. For example, we picked up 30RWHP when we did our tune and injectors and the only way I knew this was from the Dyno. It's the way these cars accelerate.
With the SB it was instant.

If you buy it through us or not I still highly recommend it and if you have any technical questions about it don't hesitate to call.

Anthony
TVT Design

Old 04-27-2008, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by robby363
Yes it does make a big difference in the throttle response. TVT Design installed one in my srt6 at Newport RI. cruise yesterday and I'm happy I bought it. you just touch the throttle now and you feel it respond. You won't regret it even though $300 bucks is lot for it it's well worth it for the difference it makes in the throttle response.
PS. Thanks Anthony.

Last edited by robby363; 04-27-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 PM

I have a question for you sprint booster guys. Whenever I mess with my friends on an isolated highway, if I leave it in D and punch it there is an aprox. 2 sec delay, then my car finally takes off. Does the sprint booster eliminate this "lag"?

Old 04-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
I have a question for you sprint booster guys. Whenever I mess with my friends on an isolated highway, if I leave it in D and punch it there is an aprox. 2 sec delay, then my car finally takes off. Does the sprint booster eliminate this "lag"?
Yes, you feel the throttle just touching the pedal now.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
You'll also benefit by knocking it down to 4th as well to reduce any lag as well.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:32 PM

I know some nay sayers say it is a waste but if it can eliminate the delay then it will be worth it to me. Last time I raced my friends NSX, he jumped out two cars right away, but once my car actually kicked in I blew by him. If it were a faster car I might not be able to make up that 2 sec head start. So if the SB can eliminate the lag then I say there is a definite performance benefit. I guess I'll have to add it to my wish list.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 482 Likes on 335 Posts

Another thing I find I like by having the sprint booster is the effortless acceleration at higher speeds on the highway.
For example you are driving along on the highway with the cruise set at 70mph.
You simply tap the cruise control lever to accel and rapidly hit 80 to 85 in seconds.
It is so damn responsive to a slight touch.
This holds true for just driving along without cruise to.
70 mph give it some throttle and before ya know it your doing 100+
It's great !!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading this post, I just "bit the bullet" and ordered one!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
After reading this post, I just "bit the bullet" and ordered one!
I see you are trying version 2 - I am trying the version 1 which should be a little more aggressive from what I read.
Make sure to post your results!

Quick Reply: Another SprintBooster Endorsement