Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

The one that got away

Old 05-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The one that got away

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I like you too Bill.

Why do you keep teasing me with these temptatious listings?

Get behind me satan!

allright, I'll check it out.
(and I was so close to a cure too.)

roadster with a stick
Now you've got an out Franc, Instead of the devil made me do it, it's Silverfox made me do it. I'll vouch for you. I have this mental image of Silverfox with horns on his head sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear " Go ahead Franc you deserve it, Cathy won't mind, she'll see the wisdom in the end and she'll thank you."

Last edited by chuck65; 05-22-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: The one that got away

Originally Posted by chuck65
Now you've got an out Franc, Instead of the devil made me do it, it's Silverfox made me do it. I'll vouch for you. I have this mental image of Silverfox with horns on his head sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear " Go ahead Franc you deserve it, Cathy won't mind, she'll see the wisdom in the end and she'll thank you."
ROTFLMFAO!

(& she'll even thank me also!)

Last edited by SilverFox; 05-24-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Received 511 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck65
I have always thought Bill was a nice guy. But he keeps taunting me. Tempting me with these juicy morsels, when he knows I'm weak.

It's just mean.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are KILLING me!

I _really_ wanted an SSB coupe when I decided that before I bought a coupe, I had to at least try the SRT-6. So I drove 2 1/2 hours to a dealer that had two on his lot. One was "new" with 214 miles and was black. If that roadster was Darth Vader's car, I must have got Darth Maul's car. The minute I drove the car, I absolutely had to have it. I bought it on the spot. No haggle - just "I'll take it."

Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to buy another one to "put away" for when this one wears out!

It's a sickness, I tell you. A really fun sickness, that's only bad for your checkbook.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
You guys are KILLING me!

I _really_ wanted an SSB coupe when I decided that before I bought a coupe, I had to at least try the SRT-6. So I drove 2 1/2 hours to a dealer that had two on his lot. One was "new" with 214 miles and was black. If that roadster was Darth Vader's car, I must have got Darth Maul's car. The minute I drove the car, I absolutely had to have it. I bought it on the spot. No haggle - just "I'll take it."

Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to buy another one to "put away" for when this one wears out!

It's a sickness, I tell you. A really fun sickness, that's only bad for your checkbook.

Tom2112

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

In the end it won't help but it does explain to Cathy, the gravity of my affliction.

And just when i'm starting to get stronger, Silver Fox taunts me again.

He is so evil

roadster with a stick

Old 05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Forum Regular

Look out, Franc - that devil on your shoulder is opening a can on spinach !!

Tom - I did about the same as you, but my heart wasn't up for much haggling so I only got him to drop $500.

There would be rehab programs available, but nobody that has been afflicted wants to quit. So, Franc, you'll just have to tell Cathy that the 12 step program is out of the question.

Perhaps if you promise not to blow money on mods she'll cave - although a CAI and new tires and perhaps some interior bling can hardly be called "blowing" money. The best solution is to bribe friends to tell her she looks younger & slimmer in the Crossfire; then you'll need to buy two.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb

then you'll need to buy two.

Jeff,

That devil on my shoulder looks a lot like Silver Fox...without his Sports car hat!

roadster with a stick

Old 05-23-2008, 07:43 PM

[quote=Jeff Cobb]Look out, Franc - that devil on your shoulder is opening a can on spinach !!

There would be rehab programs available, but nobody that has been afflicted wants to quit. So, Franc, you'll just have to tell Cathy that the 12 step program is out of the question.

Well, first I have to thank all my friends for helping me through my recent crisis. The brush with the dark side was close to terminal but I made it.The SRT-6 was calling my name but I had to chose. I hope I chose wisely.

I chose the Bronco. No, I'm not an OJ fan and I don't do four wheelin'.

The Bronco is a Doboy Bronco and it is a packaging line for my company. We closed the deal today.
Business is good, and Cathy and mine is growing. We needed a new line to meet demand. Putting the money in a new toy would have been a bad idea right now. Instead, we get to put a few more people to work and maybe grow the company.

There's an SRT-6 out there somewhere with my name on it. Hopefully it will be owned by one of those 2 or 3% who are putting one away or better, one that will be well cared for 'till I'm ready. So mod them up and keep 'em shiny and clean. It will be much appreciated.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my N/A and hopefully challenge the Dragon this fall.

It is , after all, a true sports car.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-23-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Exclamation Re: The one that got away

[quote=Franc Rauscher]
Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb

Well, first I have to thank all my friends for helping me through my recent crisis. The brush with the dark side was close to terminal but I made it.The SRT-6 was calling my name but I had to chose. I hope I chose wisely.

I chose the Bronco. No, I'm not an OJ fan and I don't do four wheelin'.

The Bronco is a Doboy Bronco and it is a packaging line for my company.
Business is good, and Cathy and mine is growing. We needed a new line to meet demand. Putting the money in a new toy would have been a bad idea right now. Instead, we get to put a few more people to work and maybe grow the company.

There's an SRT-6 out there somewhere with my name on it. Hopefully it will be owned by one of those 2 or 3% who are putting one away or better, one that will be well cared for 'till I'm ready. So mod them up and keep em shiny and clean. It will be much appreciated.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my N/A and hopefully challenge the Dragon this fall.

It is , after all, a true sports car.

roadster with a stick
Franc,
"The Force is With You", long live the Force!
(but, beware of the Dark side! )

See you at the Fall Dragon, the Force will be with you!
SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 05-24-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Franc, when we meet up at the Dragon this fall, I will again have you seeking the '"Dark Side" You can take mine out for a cruise on the dark side, just don't find the mountainside, I hear the Dragon can have that effect on you.....

Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Franc, when we meet up at the Dragon this fall, I will again have you seeking the '"Dark Side" You can take mine out for a cruise on the dark side, just don't find the mountainside, I hear the Dragon can have that effect on you.....
Thanks Doc.

I look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for the offer. I'd be happy just to ride shotgun. I'll do my best to avoid the mountain.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Red face Re: The one that got away

Hey doc,

That's an indirect low blow.

When I said, "Dark-side" I meant of the Force, not the dark side of the Mountain.

Hope to See you Both (& Straighten you out) this Fall!

My best,

SF

Old 05-24-2008, 07:09 AM

Looking forward to it, but it is you that needs to straighten out....now that was a low blow...Doc

Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 AM

Thanks Doc.

I look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for the offer. I'd be happy just to ride shotgun. I'll do my best to avoid the mountain.

roadster with a stick
Hey Franc,

Will you ride Shotgun with me?

You can be sure, I'll do my best to avoid the "Dark-side" of the Dragon, this time.

SF (The former many time Dragon slayer)

Last edited by SilverFox; 05-24-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 AM

Looking forward to it, but it is you that needs to straighten out....now that was a low blow...Doc
low blow well accepted. SF

Old 05-24-2008, 07:25 AM

10-4.........

Old 05-24-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SilverFox
Hey Franc,

Will you ride Shotgun with me?

You can be sure, I'll do my best to avoid the "Dark-side" of the Dragon, this time.

SF (The former many time Dragon slayer)
I checked with Cathy, she said my life insurance is paid but, Get this, she wants to ride with you! Why does everybody's wife want to ride with this guy?

Must have been that dashing picture of you in your sports car hat.

roadster with a stick.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 AM

I bid (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...247170906&rd=1)on that car, when my wife saw the ebay account she almost crapped. I just bought her a SRT roadster (ssb) , so as you can see by the bidders list I stoppped at $18501.I told her if i get for between 21,000 and 23,000 i could make an easy couple grand on it. Like you franc she is the brains of the operation and saw right through me and knew I would never sell it.
So i have one srt which is never available for me to drive , which i guess i will have to be content with.
FRANC- you have to get a SRT, they are way to much fun>
steve

Old 05-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Talking Re: The one that got away

I checked with Cathy, she said my life insurance is paid but, Get this, she wants to ride with you! Why does everybody's wife want to ride with this guy?
roadster with a stick.
"Don't Knock it, if you haven't tried it"!
(just don't ask Irwin )

Old 05-24-2008, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Samstin
I bid (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...247170906&rd=1)on that car, when my wife saw the ebay account she almost crapped. I just bought her a SRT roadster (ssb) , so as you can see by the bidders list I stoppped at $18501.I told her if i get for between 21,000 and 23,000 i could make an easy couple grand on it. Like you franc she is the brains of the operation and saw right through me and knew I would never sell it.
So i have one srt which is never available for me to drive , which i guess i will have to be content with.
FRANC- you have to get a SRT, they are way to much fun>
steve
Don't mean to rub it in but you missed out on a good one. This was a personal car of the owner of the dealer. Except for a few miles here in St Charles county, it had only seen Florida roads for 675 miles. He didn't even drive it back to St Louis!

It was perfect, virginal yet had to be sold "used."

Like I said, sorry to rub it. Hurts here also.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-24-2008 at 01:54 PM.