Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

unlikely compliment

Old 05-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default unlikely compliment

so rolling down robertson blvd (1 lane each way with double yellow median) and stopped mid-block and car behind me pulls in middle lane alongside and a lady in mid-40's looked at me...

so was thinking she needs directions, so simply lowered window and she go "excuse me, what make is your car?" no hesitation, i said a chrysler, ...

and she goes "thank you.. the car is beauuutifull..."

put a smile on my face as she was driving a Rolls Royce Corniche ($380K car when new)... very unusual compliment for a chrylser in these neck of the woods...

Old 05-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: unlikely compliment

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
so rolling down robertson blvd (1 lane each way with double yellow median) and stopped mid-block and car behind me pulls in middle lane alongside and a lady in mid-40's looked at me...

so was thinking she needs directions, so simply lowered window and she go "excuse me, what make is your car?" no hesitation, i said a chrysler, ...

and she goes "thank you.. the car is beauuutifull..."

put a smile on my face as she was driving a Rolls Royce Corniche ($380K car when new)... very unusual compliment for a chrylser in these neck of the woods...
BHs people have good taste.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:16 PM
svo
Forum Regular

Yesterday I went to eat and when I parked and started to put the top up a 8ish year old boy and his mother stpped walking so they could see the top go up. Then they and two other men stopped to look & figure out what kind of car it was.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular

yep... most BH folks got good taste in cars. no short supply of high end luxo and super cars. one thing that i havent seen in the street is a spyker... ferrari's and lambo's are dime a dozen... porsche turbo's even worse...

i actually did a u turn in front of her so she got a full view of the car.. but my back is debadged, with wing removed and emblem up front... probably why she couldnt tell its a chysler or have no clue what a chyrsler is... hehe

now if they ever made the ME Four-Twelve's and had one of those....

Last edited by srt6_crossfire; 05-23-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 PM

The other day I went to a store as one of the employees was getting off her shift. She passed my car and told me how beautiful it was.

Today at work a customer wanted to know who owned the Dodge (!) out front. At my look of confusion he elaborated about the blue color. Then I knew he was referring to my Crossfire. I told him a little bit about the car and he was surprised to hear about the stock performance. He mentioned how he'd love to go for a ride. Since he is bringing business to my work, I'm more than happy to let him take the car for a drive.

Once in a parking lot, after I first gotten my car, I was walking away when a woman and I assume her 12 - 13 yr old daughter walked past. I heard them comment to each other how beautiful the car was. However, a 70 - 71 Mustang Mach 1 was parked next to me and this car was in pretty good condition, so I'm not sure if they were really talking about my car.

The best comment came from a friend though. After driving my car he commented that he had never driven a car like the Crossfire before.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent
The other day I went to a store as one of the employees was getting off her shift. She passed my car and told me how beautiful it was.

Today at work a customer wanted to know who owned the Dodge (!) out front. At my look of confusion he elaborated about the blue color. Then I knew he was referring to my Crossfire. I told him a little bit about the car and he was surprised to hear about the stock performance. He mentioned how he'd love to go for a ride. Since he is bringing business to my work, I'm more than happy to let him take the car for a drive.

Once in a parking lot, after I first gotten my car, I was walking away when a woman and I assume her 12 - 13 yr old daughter walked past. I heard them comment to each other how beautiful the car was. However, a 70 - 71 Mustang Mach 1 was parked next to me and this car was in pretty good condition, so I'm not sure if they were really talking about my car.

The best comment came from a friend though. After driving my car he commented that he had never driven a car like the Crossfire before.
Those mach 1's are beautiful cars haha

Old 05-24-2008, 07:44 AM

The first day I ever drove mine to school, I heard some phat ghetto girl tell her friend, "That's a bada$$ car." Ha ha.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:09 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was kinda funny last night at the track. There's a guy there with a blue Nissan 350z, and he was ahead of me in the staging lanes. As I'm waiting behind the waterbox to approach, I can hear the announcer talking about a blue Crossfire. (The 350z is blue, and my car is black) and he's going on and on about how it is a factory supercharged car has snazzy styling, etc, etc, etc.

Then as I pulled up to do my burn out, you could hear someone behind the announcer say "That blue car wasn't the Crossfire, this black one is." The announcer goes "Oh! Nice." LOL.

I guess there's way too many Mustangs and Camaros around here.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by smokey847
The first day I ever drove mine to school, I heard some phat ghetto girl tell her friend, "That's a bada$$ car." Ha ha.
fat girls need love to. offer her a ride.

youll get to see how your car looks lowered...well, on one side at least.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Forum Regular

i think smokey meant phat and not fat.. not exactly the same...

Old 05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT

Fat girls are like moped, fun to ride until someone sees you....

Old 05-24-2008, 10:23 PM

What's BH????

Old 05-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Question Re: unlikely compliment

BH?? Anyone?

EDITED: What happened to Dan? Will we never know?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Forum Regular

BH = Beverly Hills

Old 05-25-2008, 09:44 AM

I went to the Laconia Nationals car show yesterday. I parked in the spectator lot. As my wife and I were getting in the car to leave, 3 younger men and a woman walked by, then as they saw the car, I hear, "Holy Sh**! That is fu**in' nasty!! Bad a$$!" Pretty explicit comments! lol

Old 05-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Not in the same league as you guys, but my wife took the SRT6 to school last week. One of the 6 years olds came in wanting to know who owned the Porsche Turbo Carrera. I'd rather have the SRT6, but it's nice to be mistaken for a $100+k car.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Not in the same league as you guys, but my wife took the SRT6 to school last week. One of the 6 years olds came in wanting to know who owned the Porsche Turbo Carrera. I'd rather have the SRT6, but it's nice to be mistaken for a $100+k car.
I hope she gave him an A+

Old 05-26-2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT

No fat chicks, bumper will scrape.

Anyone ever seen that bumper sticker?

Old 05-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I went to the Laconia Nationals car show yesterday. I parked in the spectator lot. As my wife and I were getting in the car to leave, 3 younger men and a woman walked by, then as they saw the car, I hear, "Holy Sh**! That is fu**in' nasty!! Bad a$$!" Pretty explicit comments! lol
I must be getting old. I can not tell if that was a complement or not.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:29 PM

First phat means pretty hot and tempting not chunky. Second the wife and I rode pass a more upscale club with lambos, rolls , bentleys and other costly vehicles. All heads turned when we drove up and the valet parked us right up front. All wanted to know about the new Alfa. One guy just wouldn't believe it was a Chrysler.

Quick Reply: unlikely compliment