Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT-6 Performance Question

Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-6 Performance Question

I will be getting an SRT-6 this saturday based on a test drive. I have yet to drive this car as the dealer i dealt with was an id**t. Its the last brand new srt-6 in australia. basicly told me if finance goes through you can test drive the car. Its pretty much new comes in machine grey with only 78ks on the clock. Finance wil go throught 2moro and ill go in on saturday before work to seal the deal after a test drive. I have been doing a whole lot of research on this car and i must say im really impressed. Im coming from driving a 350z so i basicly wanted to know how these cars are different in terms of driving? I want to know what this car is known to beat stock vs stock. Here in australia we have mainly wrx evo's sti's 200sx rx7s skylines etc. We also have a fair few aussie cars (holden) that use the american LS3 from the vets pumping 317kw and 500s in Nm torque. sorry dont know hp/lb. They weigh 1.9 ton however. My mate is geting into a bmw 135i in january that he has on order and i would really like to hear that i would be able to take him?! any experiance is greatly appreciated

Last edited by lacerdaschoon; 11-12-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRT-6 Performance Question

your car should be faster than a stock 135i. until he starts modding, which is when you could start modding (or before that preferably). With some kind of pulley setup (ASP 178, LET 181 or 185, Code3Performance), intake (Needswings, SL55, or others), tune (InMotion or LET), you shouldnt have too much trouble with some of those cars. Heavily modded EVOs and STIs and skylines may still give you difficulty. But with just those three mods alone, you will certainly have a very quick car!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Forum Regular

I own an 93 TT RX7 and an SRT6. Handling wise I would say the RX7 would easily win. Power wise if stock, I think it would be a close race. Of course modded cars can very tremendously. Just depends on how deep your pockets are.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon
I will be getting an SRT-6 this saturday based on a test drive. I have yet to drive this car as the dealer i dealt with was an id**t. Its the last brand new srt-6 in australia. basicly told me if finance goes through you can test drive the car. Its pretty much new comes in machine grey with only 78ks on the clock. Finance wil go throught 2moro and ill go in on saturday before work to seal the deal after a test drive. I have been doing a whole lot of research on this car and i must say im really impressed. Im coming from driving a 350z so i basicly wanted to know how these cars are different in terms of driving? I want to know what this car is known to beat stock vs stock. Here in australia we have mainly wrx evo's sti's 200sx rx7s skylines etc. We also have a fair few aussie cars (holden) that use the american LS3 from the vets pumping 317kw and 500s in Nm torque. sorry dont know hp/lb. They weigh 1.9 ton however. My mate is geting into a bmw 135i in january that he has on order and i would really like to hear that i would be able to take him?! any experiance is greatly appreciated
I think the list should be to cars you WILL LOSE to since there are less to be mentioned. lol

Some include......

1. C6 Vette Z06's
2. Porche GT3's
3. Audi R8's
4. Nissan GT-R's
5. Lexus IS-F
6. BMW M5's
7. Vipers

You get the picture.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by distantpulse
I think the list should be to cars you WILL LOSE to since there are less to be mentioned. lol
Some include......
1. C6 Vette Z06's
2. Porche GT3's
3. Audi R8's
4. Nissan GT-R's
5. Lexus IS-F
6. BMW M5's
7. Vipers
You get the picture.
Not to mention you'd have to pay tens' of thousands more to get one of them them!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, good luck getting that nearly new SRT6. Sounds like it could be one of those rare 2006 models....!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM

I have an SRT-6 and my wife just picked up a 135i. I haven't run the cars side-by-side, but my butt dyno says it would be a close race.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spdracer35
I have an SRT-6 and my wife just picked up a 135i. I haven't run the cars side-by-side, but my butt dyno says it would be a close race.
Nice selection of cars! Is that 135 auto? U realllllllllllllllly need to get your wife to give you a quick little run to 60! I think it would be close as well. make it happen. do it! haha

Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM

Nice selection of cars! Is that 135 auto? U realllllllllllllllly need to get your wife to give you a quick little run to 60! I think it would be close as well. make it happen. do it! haha
No, its a 6-speed. I do like her car a lot, but not as much as my car. I may have to convince her to go for a cruise with me....we will see.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 PM

My daughter has a 350Z and I can tell you from experience that the SRT will take the 350. I like the feel of the SRT better than the Z. I also like when you drive up in the SRT eveyone takes notice. There are a lot more Z's out there. Good luck!!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by distantpulse

Some include......

1. C6 Vette Z06's
2. Porche GT3's
3. Audi R8's
4. Nissan GT-R's
5. Lexus IS-F
6. BMW M5's
7. Vipers

You get the picture.
What??? lose to a GTR?? yea nah im taping out on this car i dont want it! haha. I just cant believe the bargain this car is, i hear it from you guys over there is usa how cheap this car is but here in oz it is as well. They were selling brand new for 90k in australia and now i can get this last brand 2008 srt6 for 52k drive away. There is literaly nothing for that price that even comes close to that power. To give u an idea a Evo x MR is 75k, 135i is 85k. The IS-F wil be on sale at 120ish i think here in oz so bang for buck is unbelievable

Old 11-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blueaero
My daughter has a 350Z and I can tell you from experience that the SRT will take the 350. I like the feel of the SRT better than the Z. I also like when you drive up in the SRT eveyone takes notice. There are a lot more Z's out there. Good luck!!
Yea i know the Z is well slower than the SRT6 and the best part is this car is very rare here, most people dont even know what it is, so ill get alot of unsuspecting jap car drivers thinking they will dominate. I hope to give them a pleasant suprise! It was out of luck i came across this car and saw what its capable of.Thanks mate

Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jturkel
your car should be faster than a stock 135i. until he starts modding, which is when you could start modding (or before that preferably). With some kind of pulley setup (ASP 178, LET 181 or 185, Code3Performance), intake (Needswings, SL55, or others), tune (InMotion or LET), you shouldnt have too much trouble with some of those cars. Heavily modded EVOs and STIs and skylines may still give you difficulty. But with just those three mods alone, you will certainly have a very quick car!
Thanks for your advice i have looked into dragtimes.com and seen most srt6 owners with these mods u mentioned. How much is it to buy pulleykit and intake for the xfire? with those 2 mods alone how much do u think i would be shaving off the 1/8?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Brentwood, CA (no not the OJ Simpson Brentwood, the real city of Brentwood in NorCal)

...They were selling brand new for 90k in australia and now i can get this last brand 2008 srt6 for 52k drive away...
Last year for the SRT6 is 2006, and there were so few, most don't really consider that a production year.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cal_Cobra
Last year for the SRT6 is 2006, and there were so few, most don't really consider that a production year.
How does that all work? It was dated on the 8/8/08 this one im picking up. theres one selling 2nd hand from a dealer thats an 07. im a bit confused but as the one i want is advertised as a 2008model

Old 11-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What are the last 8 numbers of the VIN? That will tell us what year it was made. The number to the left of the X is the year made. It should be a 5 or 6 for an SRT6. You can also find the build date on the door I believe.

MikeR

Old 11-13-2008, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by spdracer35
No, its a 6-speed. I do like her car a lot, but not as much as my car. I may have to convince her to go for a cruise with me....we will see.
She will never touch you with a 6 speed unless she is a GREAT driver. Although manuals are faster generally, it takes a hella driver to get them to beat autos with similar numbers......

Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 AM

Look at it this way no matter how your car were to perform against his "belly button" 135i it would make up in, Class, individuality and most of all taste.
Polish them up, park them in a lot, and watch which one people come up to and stare. No one loves the looks of my SRT more than I but I have to tell you it really feels fantastic to watch people stare. Just be prepaired to talk about it a lot, there will be questions.
Buy it while you have the chance!
Mike

Last edited by Montana Crossfire; 11-13-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 AM

PS. Belly Button means everybody has one...
Mike

Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does that all work? It was dated on the 8/8/08 this one im picking up. theres one selling 2nd hand from a dealer thats an 07. im a bit confused but as the one i want is advertised as a 2008model
I was emailing back and forth with a Aussie dealer a few months back. They are advertised as 08 but the production year is 05 or if your lucky 06. They only made about 12-14 06 SRT6's.

He said in Australia they can advertise as a 08 because the car is still new. You will be the first owner correct?

This came up last year with another Aussie buyer of a "07" SRT, which was really a new 05.

Either way your getting great car that will blow your Z away. I've ran with my buddies slightly modded Z and I win everytime.

Have fun and enjoy mate!! Definitely post the VIN when you get a chance, that would be great if you are getting a 06. Just some small badge differences and clear markers I believe.

WOW- Just checked out that 135i, what a great deal for that car. I read with some cheap mods it's pretty much a M3, is that true??

Quick Reply: SRT-6 Performance Question