Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

My new SRT-6 (pics)

Old 03-25-2009, 05:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My new SRT-6 (pics)

Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon
Congrats on the car, really decent that you have mods. I agree about the rims get rid of them when you can. Do you think dealers will notice aftermarket pulleys? Where im from I dont foresee many mecanics dealing with srts or having much knowlege about them. I have a 3yr warranty and im itching to get a pulley
My car has been in the shop several times and had warranty work done. Actually my cars in the shop as we speak and they don't notice the Code-3 Pulley. I even have the modified single intake and they still replaced my computer under warranty. They rock!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess my biggest concern is how the modifications will effect emissions. In Alberta, where the car is from, they dont test for emissions. I am taking it back to British Columbia where they have to be tested every year

Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Keff
I have the dealer trying to track him down as well. If anything I would like to find out where the original wheels are . Even though the original arent the most beautiful thing either, they are better than bright chrome.
Would like to find some like Cgocifer, they look classy
Thanks about the wheels. You'll find that the stock SRT-6 wheels are very nice on the car. There aren't too many aftermarket wheels that look or fit as good as the stockers. There are several threads about this subject. My wheels are 19 and 20 inch Mandrus Milleniums which happen to be made for Mercedes vehicles only. Since our cars are mechanically Mercedes, they fit very nicely.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel like a kid with a new toy, Picked up my SRT-6 today. Its in showroom condition. Wish it had the original wheels, these are a little to Bling for my taste. Turns out the previous owner did some modifications. It has a chip, exhauste and a modified air intake that says "NEEDSWINGS" Im new to to Crossfires and never heard of this aftermarket CO. before. Going to have to do some research. One thing for sure, it sure is fast!
Are you the one who commented on my video on youtube? Someone just commented a few days ago saying they just bought a black one. I replied to join and post here.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mimi05 you mention the Chrysler techs not noticing your mods.............its a small wonder they even recognize the car much less how to work on it. Keff welcome to the forum, get some polish on that car!

Old 03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 PM
svo
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by patpur
Mimi05 you mention the Chrysler techs not noticing your mods.............its a small wonder they even recognize the car much less how to work on it. Keff welcome to the forum, get some polish on that car!
When the dealership sees an SRT6 come in I bet the mechanics draw straw to see who the unlucky one ill be that has to work on it... I just think it's pretty much safe to assume that 90% of the dealerships don't have a mechanic who knows what he's doing on an SRT6.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM

Well since I live in northern British Columbia , 40 miles from Alaska border, and the local Chrysler dealer has one general manager, one salesman, and one mechanic. Im pretty sure they havent seen a SRT-6 before. If the mechanic has to start removing the NEEDSWINGS modifications to bring emissions back to legal levels, Im sure he will be scratching his head

Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Cruzinquick, No I wasnt the one that commented on your Youtube vid

Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I guess my biggest concern is how the modifications will effect emissions. In Alberta, where the car is from, they dont test for emissions. I am taking it back to British Columbia where they have to be tested every year
our kit does not change the emmissions system on the car

Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 PM

Good to know, Thanks

Old 03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Forum Regular

CGOCIFER I would have to say you have the first aftermarket rims i actually really like. Im a pretty big fan of the stock srt rims as i dont see too many aftermarket rims that look better, I find it hard to find a nice rim that i think would look good on this car. Very nice choice +1

Old 03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum.......

Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
My car has been in the shop several times and had warranty work done. Actually my cars in the shop as we speak and they don't notice the Code-3 Pulley. I even have the modified single intake and they still replaced my computer under warranty. They rock!
Haha yea thats what i thought would be the case, thats good news, it really is a rare car and nobody has a clue. Im deff going to get a pulley in the next month just not sure which one i want

Old 03-25-2009, 06:47 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, just so you know, that's not a Code3 supercharger pulley. That's a stock pulley. You can tell by how thick the outer ring of the pulley is, the beveled part in front of the belt.

Also, you should be OK on emissions, unless whatever "chip" you mentioned is affecting it. As Rob said above, the cold air intake won't affect emissions. If you need some more go parts, check in with Rob at www.needswings.com. I have to say he's fantastic to deal with, and makes some great stuff.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your fabulously underpriced fine European sports car.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Funny this is all so familiar to my experience with ending up with a modded SRT6 unknowingly and then finding it's original owner with a vin number on here.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:30 PM
svo
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom2112
As Rob said above, the cold air intake won't affect emissions.
NOt entirely true... The Open Air Element (K&N fiter behind the grille) is cause to fail the visual inspection - most probably really care about it though.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Wow, very nice. I'll be in your shoes sometime this year! I hear you have some amazing roads/drives up your way.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon
CGOCIFER I would have to say you have the first aftermarket rims i actually really like. Im a pretty big fan of the stock srt rims as i dont see too many aftermarket rims that look better, I find it hard to find a nice rim that i think would look good on this car. Very nice choice +1
Thanks,

It took me a year and many photo shop trials before deciding on the set up. I'm happy, it looks better than I thought it would and actually rides like a dream now with the new suspension.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 AM

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 55324. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Quick Reply: My new SRT-6 (pics)