Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Can you flash a tune on an ecu that already has a flashed tune?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you flash a tune on an ecu that already has a flashed tune?

The next mod I'm looking at is the NW Mani's, which will incidentally require a tune due to the part leaning out the engine. I'll want to go to the custom InMotion tune however I already have the LET tune on it. Will that cause any problems trying to flash the InMotion tune on it? TIA

Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Can you flash a tune on an ecu that already has a flashed tune?

Originally Posted by cross><hair
The next mod I'm looking at is the NW Mani's, which will incidentally require a tune due to the part leaning out the engine. I'll want to go to the custom InMotion tune however I already have the LET tune on it. Will that cause any problems trying to flash the InMotion tune on it? TIA
nope, but why pay for another tune?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by loungn14
He's correct, they already have a dyno'd car with your mods. Or pretty close to your mods. It's free to upgrade tunes so try it and if your not happy then pay for Rob's Tune. Your in Jersey so you already have at least 3 tenths of a second advantage. I picked up a half second with the tune, but you will need hoosiers to enjoy it.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by loungn14
I can't speak for Glen, but I am also going to be going with the InMotion tune once I get my junk situated. Will we be paying for another tune? Yes, unfortunately . I have nothing against Jerry or the LET tune as it is a good tune and has produced some good numbers. It's just not as proven as the InMotion tune IMO. I have looked at a handfull of guys with the InMotion tune (Needswings, MDSRT6, Cruzin etc...) and these guys are running great times and more importantly, crazy trap speeds (116-119mph)! I believe im one of the fastest LET tuned SRT6's and im no where near those numbers. Right now im trapping 113 consistantly with 114 being the best. I am running way lean at the top of 3rd which is not good and probably causing some of my low mph's. Also, I believe that InMotion already was tuning a car with stacked pullies and a meth kit so it makes sense I should go this route as well.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Your in Jersey so you already have at least 3 tenths of a second advantage. I picked up a half second with the tune, but you will need hoosiers to enjoy it.
Not true. I was running 15.5-16.1 A/F with the V2 tune!! I am positive that the ECU was cutting back timing because of this, thus my bad times and mphs. Hey, im all for LET resolving this issue, but for now I haven't seen anyone run anything close to InMotions tune (as far as mph's). Agreed?

Last edited by distantpulse; 03-25-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Forum Regular

HYour in Jersey so you already have at least 3 tenths of a second advantage.
I heard jersey get's better traction too- 1.7 60's w/ street tires! Wowsers!

Old 03-25-2009, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by distantpulse
Not true. I was running 15.5-16.1 A/F with the V2 tune!! I am positive that the ECU was cutting back timing because of this, thus my bad times and mphs. Hey, im all for LET resolving this issue, but for now I haven't seen anyone run anything close to InMotions tune (as far as mph's). Agreed?
Your right I just wanted to keep my record for a little longer.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by cross><hair
I heard jersey get's better traction too- 1.7 60's w/ street tires! Wowsers!
No that's just the better DA giving you more power all the way around. Just think if Distantpulse was running my tune. He would be very close to MD. One day I will run somewhere with nitrous in the air.

BTW, I've been running my 100 tune on 91 octane for about 2 months and car runs perfect with a/c pumping. No track just everyday driving. I'm sure the ECU adjusts, but still has wicked kick. Since you are in a very cool climate you may want to just go with that tune. The 93 tune that is Rob's Tune did get me to 12.02 at 2100' da, so either are great tunes.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No that's just the better DA giving you more power all the way around. Just think if Distantpulse was running my tune. He would be very close to MD. One day I will run somewhere with nitrous in the air.

BTW, I've been running my 100 tune on 91 octane for about 2 months and car runs perfect with a/c pumping. No track just everyday driving. I'm sure the ECU adjusts, but still has wicked kick. Since you are in a very cool climate you may want to just go with that tune. The 93 tune that is Rob's Tune did get me to 12.02 at 2100' da, so either are great tunes.
Cruzin, i bet you would travel backwards in time if you ran on the east coast with that negative DA!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cruzin I hope you have a good sense of humor because this is some funny shlt right here lol:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxejIkAwIY[/MEDIA]

Old 03-25-2009, 04:34 PM

LMFAO!! That is great!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jake:
Any comments on all of the above? As someone who is about to purchase a LET tune, I'm very interested in your responses.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:51 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Photoman....you have way too much time on your hands. Funny though~

Old 03-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom2112
Jake:
Any comments on all of the above? As someone who is about to purchase a LET tune, I'm very interested in your responses.
Sure, I'll comment, I just try to stay out of this kinda stuff. As we all know LET stands behind their tunes. It really sounds like your comparing a custom tune to a pre-defined mail in tune? Not apples to apples. If you are not happy with your current tune have you talked to LET about it? Have you also modified the car since the tune and hence would need a reflash as well??? (for free mind you)

As far as the LET/ Eurocharged cars not being near those numbers, well that is just not correct. Our shop cars have broken into the 11's and have traps that high. At our last event I was next to one of the SRT's when I personally ran a 12.2 at 115. I didn't win the race.

Also, as far as the stacked pulley tune. Code3 has been working with LET for months on a safe tune for that setup. (they were the first ones guys by a long shot)

But all in all I wish you the best no matter which way you decide to go. You have two great tuners here, and only great things can happpen!

Happy modding!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

My .02 is that until you put your car on the dyno with the tuner, they are both mail order. Every car is slightly different and each part of the country / climate effects performance. I have the LET and have been THRILLED with the performance and more importantly the service. They both have a great product.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure in about 4 weeks LET will be back in NJ doing custom Dyno tuning. Chris you should try and attend I will also be back to be retuned also.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
I'm pretty sure in about 4 weeks LET will be back in NJ doing custom Dyno tuning. Chris you should try and attend I will also be back to be retuned also.
Keep me posted on that. I may make the trip just for a dyno run and some tune-tweakage.

And Jake: thanks for clarifying. You'll be hearing from Anthony and me very very soon. (Maybe tomorrow!)

Last edited by tom2112; 03-25-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:00 PM

I just got the LET v2 tune and boy is it way better then their previous tune. I remember Rob saying he and Inmotion did alot of datalogging and sharing back and forth to dial in his tune. I would try a custom dynotune or some serious datalog sharing with LET before switching and paying more money. Once I get my wb and some more mods I would like to get dynotuned and squeeze out the last of the hp.

Last edited by BlUEMDsrt6; 03-25-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
I just got the LET v2 tune and boy is it way better then their previous tune. I remember Rob saying he and Inmotion did alot of datalogging and sharing back and forth to dial in his tune. I would try a custom dynotune or some serious datalog sharing with LET before switching and paying more money. Once I get my wb and some more mods I would like to get dynotuned and squeeze out the last of the hp.
I would agree. I have been at the track and seen Jerry tell people that he will flash their car right there. If they don't go on the 1/4 and produce better results he will refund the money and flash their tune back for them.

If your going to try and get all you can out of the car, you need to dyno tune it.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Cruzin I hope you have a good sense of humor because this is some funny shlt right here lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxejIkAwIY

Thanks photo that was great. Can you put me in the new F&F 3? Funny thing is once you've ran 12.0's it's pretty much feels the same at 11.8's. I'd love to have that pull like the video. Nice I definately need you to compile my videos. Add in a few clips from the porsche 997tt race.

Quick Reply: Can you flash a tune on an ecu that already has a flashed tune?