Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Wabbit twouble...

Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wabbit twouble...

Working the antique venue in my area, so I have to drive some country roads early in the morning to get there. Monday morning a massive sized rabbit ran out in front of me, and I hit it at about 50-60 mph. Made my CD skip and gave the car quite a thump. Broke my fascia, fog light, and grille, so I now I gotta use some of my show money to fix that. It popped the corner marker out also, but I was able to pop that back in.

Just sharing my story. You can see the hair to the left of the foglight. Big bunny+littlle car=

Last edited by 007_MI6; 04-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Wabbit twouble...

Was the bunny ok?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Was the bunny ok?
Ha Haaaaa...Not likely

Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did anybody take time to notify Hef?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hit a GIANT raccoon in my first crossfire. Did the same thing~

Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never heard of a car being damaged by a rabbit??? They got big rabbits in TEXAS I guess, or this is one of those April Fools stories???

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by Chris L.
I've never heard of a car being damaged by a rabbit??? They got big rabbits in TEXAS I guess, or this is one of those April Fools stories???
I can confirm...there are some big rabbits in TEXAS

Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular

could have been worse. i watched a wild turkey lose a fight with an F150 the other day...the turkey bounced around under the truck like it was a basketball.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Silly Rabbit!

Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Forum Regular

rascally wabbit

Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 AM

This is just a youngster !!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jack2.jpg (37.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Reading the thread title I was sure this was gonna be about an encounter with a VW R32 or tuned GTI... Sorry to hear about the monstrous rodent. I almost got t-boned the other day by a 2004 model 10 point whitetail deer. The SRT has good brakes...

Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT_Flyboy
Reading the thread title I was sure this was gonna be about an encounter with a VW R32 or tuned GTI...
You and me both, sir...

Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 AM

Ah, this brings back memories!

When in high school, a very long time ago, I had a date with a very hot summer girl. I borrowed by dad's Buick and off we went to a movie theater some 15 miles away while I had teenage visions of the night ahead. Enroute I was surprised by a suicidal bunny that jumped out in front of me. After a loud bang, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw no bunny. Reassuring my near hysterical date I convinced her the bunny had probably made it to the bushes and would be shaken but OK. She settled down to my relief.

When we got to the theater, I first looked at the front of my dad's car to check for damage. To my chagrin, the bunny had taken a nose drive through the grill of my dad's car!. His head was on one side and his body on the other and was kicking like hell. My date became hysterical and screamed that I couldn't leave him like that and he was pain. I gently try to work him through the grill but he justed kicked harder and the girl screamed more. Finally, after trying every option and in panic, I pulled out my handy Boy Scout pen knife and cut his head off. There, he no longer was in pain and I had him out of the grill. But I forgot about the girl! She screamed ran into a nearby store, called her dad and never talked to me again!

Sometimes you can't win no matter what you do.

Last edited by crossbowme; 04-03-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:06 AM

That is a hilarious story, crossbow. i'm sure she was afraid of what was in her future after the bunny had to give head to get out of the situation it was in. LOL!!!!!

A number of years ago in very rural WI, I was out for the evening with my ex-wife's cousin, and we were bar hopping. Now of course being rural it was several miles between stops, and being generally deserted we tore down the roads as fast as we dared.

Sure enough, at about 80 mph in my Olds Firenza a skunk waddling across the road gets whacked and I hear it thumping on the floorpan as I go over it.

About 6 more miles down the road I'm still smelling that skunk, and when we get to the next watering hole it's pretty much overwhelming the two of us. My passenger looks under the car, gets up, looks over the hood, and says, "your car". I know what I'm going to find when I look under there. That thing was hung up on on about 6 different pieces of the car, and I had all I could do to take it out of there, one piece at a time!

That was the end of our travels that night because I couldn't go anywhere without the entire bar emptying out.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You were lucky that bunny didnt make it into the radiator... that story is too funny..

Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was that a giant jackrabbit? were you in Australia? Did granny to try to catch it for rabbit stew? Did it have a pouch? When you stopped, did it try to fight you? Just wonderin.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife hit one in her Envoy and busted the grill surround. It jumped up in the air I guess just as she got to it, cost a little more than $400 to fix it.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by mdaniels4
That is a hilarious story, crossbow. i'm sure she was afraid of what was in her future after the bunny had to give head to get out of the situation it was in. LOL!!!!!

Wow. Nicely worded. I'd be nervous too...

Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by crossbowme
Ah, this brings back memories!

When in high school, a very long time ago, I had a date with a very hot summer girl. I borrowed by dad's Buick and off we went to a movie theater some 15 miles away while I had teenage visions of the night ahead. Enroute I was surprised by a suicidal bunny that jumped out in front of me. After a loud bang, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw no bunny. Reassuring my near hysterical date I convinced her the bunny had probably made it to the bushes and would be shaken but OK. She settled down to my relief.

When we got to the theater, I first looked at the front of my dad's car to check for damage. To my chagrin, the bunny had taken a nose drive through the grill of my dad's car!. His head was on one side and his body on the other and was kicking like hell. My date became hysterical and screamed that I couldn't leave him like that and he was pain. I gently try to work him through the grill but he justed kicked harder and the girl screamed more. Finally, after trying every option and in panic, I pulled out my handy Boy Scout pen knife and cut his head off. There, he no longer was in pain and I had him out of the grill. But I forgot about the girl! She screamed ran into a nearby store, called her dad and never talked to me again!

Sometimes you can't win no matter what you do.
I haven't stopped laughing since I've read this