CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire SRT6 (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/)
-   -   Intake Manifolds and NO PULLEY-UPGRADES (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/33257-intake-manifolds-no-pulley-upgrades.html)

j-fire 04-04-2009 04:51 PM

Intake Manifolds and NO PULLEY-UPGRADES

Rob says my new manifolds MIGHT be done by next friday, install will follow. so hopefully the following thursday or friday i will have my new InMotion tune for the manifolds back as well so i can post some DYNO results, then track results will be later this spring.

i would be totally happy if i can hit 12.1's to 12.2's with this non-pulley upgrade setup!!!!

cruzinquick 04-04-2009 05:00 PM

Re: Intake Manifolds and NO PULLEY-UPGRADES

You will be the 1st to see how much extra boost the stock pulley will make with a tune and extra air flow. I'm in your corner, may be my summer setup if your results go well.

loungn14 04-04-2009 05:41 PM

awesome! Can't wait for results!

ProjectMayhem 04-04-2009 09:32 PM

Honestly i think that intake manifold might be a little to large without a pulley, you'll gain a little up top i'm sure but without the pulley you might be losing alot of low to low-mid range torque!

Moparrbust 04-05-2009 10:27 AM

Interesting mod path..................can't wait to see the track times.

j-fire 04-05-2009 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
Honestly i think that intake manifold might be a little to large without a pulley, you'll gain a little up top i'm sure but without the pulley you might be losing alot of low to low-mid range torque!

i'm of the mind that thinks there is adequate factory boost, and adequate fuel following an ECU tune.....Rob thinks so as well. yes, i realize i am a NeedsWings 'fanboy,' but he has yet to steer me wrong!

i may be proven wrong, but not a big deal as a pulley kit can be added if that's the case.

BUT, would be fantastic to see the numbers i'm hoping for without resorting to pulley upgrades.

plus, i'm adding the dual-intake setup to this as well, which Woody showed us has increased Boost on his charts.

Jeff Cobb 04-05-2009 11:36 AM

I can't wait to see your results!
So far I have only the NW CAI, and do plan future mods, so seeing a new path is of great interest.

j-fire 04-05-2009 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Cobb
I can't wait to see your results!
So far I have only the NW CAI, and do plan future mods, so seeing a new path is of great interest.

jeff, add the InMotion tune, it is SOOOOO worth every penny! with just the intake and tune, you will have a LOT of fun!

lifetime of free tunes as well means you can later add the manifolds and other goodies from NeedSwings!

Jeff Cobb 04-05-2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by j-fire
jeff, add the InMotion tune, it is SOOOOO worth every penny! with just the intake and tune, you will have a LOT of fun!

lifetime of free tunes as well means you can later add the manifolds and other goodies from NeedSwings!

Sounds like a good 2nd mod; thanks for the info.

NeedsWings 04-05-2009 12:31 PM

you manifolds are at coating now :)

j-fire 04-05-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
you manifolds are at coating now :)

i could kiss you!!!! but i won't. i promise. ;)

cruzinquick 04-05-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by j-fire
i'm of the mind that thinks there is adequate factory boost, and adequate fuel following an ECU tune.....Rob thinks so as well. yes, i realize i am a NeedsWings 'fanboy,' but he has yet to steer me wrong!

i may be proven wrong, but not a big deal as a pulley kit can be added if that's the case.

BUT, would be fantastic to see the numbers i'm hoping for without resorting to pulley upgrades.

plus, i'm adding the dual-intake setup to this as well, which Woody showed us has increased Boost on his charts.

I think your going to impress a few people with the boost from the stock pulley and those mods. Good luck. Rob, Rob who is this guy???:rolleyes:

Jfire- soon the be the fastest non-pullied SRT6