Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New SRT-6 owner (well, will be soon)

Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SRT-6 owner (well, will be soon)

Hi all,
I just put a deposit on a Black 2005 SRT-6 coupe. It has less than 3k miles, still has factory warranty left, and I think I got a pretty good deal all things considered. I'll be wrapping up paperwork and everything Mon and/or Tues and then it will be shipped to me. I think this will make a very nice addition to my Magnum SRT-8.

I think before I do anything else, I'll be tinting the windows and replacing the stock radio head unit. I'm so spoiled with Sat radio/Bluetooth, etc that I don't want to live without it. I'm looking at either the JVC KD-AVX77 or the JVC KD-ADV49, both are single size DVD players with touchscreen, remote control, and bluetooth built in. Anyone have any experience with these? Of course, then I'm going to be tempted to put some nice speakers (focals or BA pro's?) and a nice sub (JL audio?) in too...but I'll probably wait until after a few performance mods before doing that.

Next will be NeedsWings CAI (dual?) and tune probably...perhaps together? I see another thread about trying combining these at a discount..maybe I'll try to get in on that too.

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions so far...and for answering my questions. I'm looking forward to sharing, contributing, and enjoying the car!

Take care!

Jay

Old 05-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Default Re: New SRT-6 owner (well, will be soon)

Congrats. i just picked up one last Saturday with 10780 miles.

Detailed the engine bay and finished detailing about 50 percent of the paint.

Want to change brake pads since the wheels are work to clean after a short drive. Have the CAI coming this week and may order a pully not sure about that yet.

good luck,

Jake in Maryland

Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM

New owner also! I have a black SRT roadster, LOve it! I just took the resonator off the exhaust and gives it a deeper tone but nothing noisy! I am getting a Needswings CAI also and was thinking about a tune. Let me know where they offer a discount everyone is talking about!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by jayded6
Hi all,
I just put a deposit on a Black 2005 SRT-6 coupe. It has less than 3k miles, still has factory warranty left, and I think I got a pretty good deal all things considered. I'll be wrapping up paperwork and everything Mon and/or Tues and then it will be shipped to me. I think this will make a very nice addition to my Magnum SRT-8.

I think before I do anything else, I'll be tinting the windows and replacing the stock radio head unit. I'm so spoiled with Sat radio/Bluetooth, etc that I don't want to live without it. I'm looking at either the JVC KD-AVX77 or the JVC KD-ADV49, both are single size DVD players with touchscreen, remote control, and bluetooth built in. Anyone have any experience with these? Of course, then I'm going to be tempted to put some nice speakers (focals or BA pro's?) and a nice sub (JL audio?) in too...but I'll probably wait until after a few performance mods before doing that.

Next will be NeedsWings CAI (dual?) and tune probably...perhaps together? I see another thread about trying combining these at a discount..maybe I'll try to get in on that too.

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions so far...and for answering my questions. I'm looking forward to sharing, contributing, and enjoying the car!

Take care!

Jay

you buy it from CO?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got home with my new black SRT Roadster a few hours ago! It's awesome, mod time!!

Old 05-17-2009, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rutten16
you buy it from CO?
Hey Rutten, yes... the one in FL sold before I could get my axx off the fence. How's it going with you?

Old 05-17-2009, 01:41 AM

So, lots of new owners...wow. There are quite a few out there for sale, but they seem to be moving relatively quickly. Congrats to all new owners...these should be fun!

Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to all the new owners. Welcome aboard. Are the low mileage ones getting anything near 20k?

Old 05-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Congrats to all the new owners. Welcome aboard. Are the low mileage ones getting anything near 20k?
Got mine off of SRTPowa for over 20k with low mi but he had alot of mods already

Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Eric, I'm itching for that new Camaro SS. I figure I'll wait 9 months to a year and see what it looks like. I'm just at 4800 miles now, and figure I'll be way under 10k in a year.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Forum Regular

Hi all,
I'm looking at either the JVC KD-AVX77 or the JVC KD-ADV49, both are single size DVD players with touchscreen, remote control, and bluetooth built in. Anyone have any experience with these?
I am trying to decide between one of the same two units. I am moving my components and amp over from my previous install.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Hey Rutten, yes... the one in FL sold before I could get my axx off the fence. How's it going with you?

i'm ok....i'm glad you got your car! i called about that one....

you pay $18,900, with free shipping from Mazda of lakewood?

I was going to possibly buy that one, and the sales guy said someone was maybe putting a deposit on it.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:17 PM

You will love your SRT-6. I bought an aero blue SRT-6 roadster with 11K miles in February (2009). I was not looking for a Crossfire but wanted something fast. I really liked the new SRT-8 Challenger but it was too much for my budget and I was afraid of the gas mileage. I kept finding myself drawn to the SRT-6. I have always been a sports car fan (owed 3 sports cars over the years). I just couldn't handle another under powered car. So, I sold my Volkswagen Passet. My SRT-6 is amazing. More power than I hoped for; plus still under original warantee, and in near perfect condition. My satisfaction was complete when, on my way to work, a Mustang GT wanted to give me a run but he quickly gave up. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Welcome SRT6 owners. I bought mine about a year ago and I am still infatuated with it's looks and performance. You are going to have great fun with this little sleeper. Mod it up and you'll blow minds. This forum would be fun even if I didn't own one of these great little cars. You're going to love both.